Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
When you know you married the one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

michigan got bumped up to the outback over two better teams then literally lost to will muschamp

I don't think northwestern could go to the outback this year because they were just in it two years ago. The conference changed the way bowl selections are done a few years ago and are trying to spread teams out so the city of Tampa doesn't have to deal with drunk Iowans every single January

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

PICK SIX gently caress YES

e: wrong thread

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

I don't think northwestern could go to the outback this year because they were just in it two years ago. The conference changed the way bowl selections are done a few years ago and are trying to spread teams out so the city of Tampa doesn't have to deal with drunk Iowans every single January

BOWL SKIPPING INJUSTICE

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

michigan got bumped up to the outback over two better teams then literally lost to will muschamp

lmao

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’m glad the rest of SEC is as much of a dumpster as LSU. Except USC. Good for you guys.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Hey guys G5 teams can't compete with P5, remember that Hawaii game one time? (IGNORE ALL OTHER EVIDENCE.)

Grats to UCF, they should be in the playoff instead of Bama.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
As a fan of a mid major school, I am happy for UCF.

Cue the excuses of Auburn having nothing to play for and not really taking the game seriously

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I would hope both Georgia and Alabama would lose today, but Georgia is playing Oklahoma and FUCKKKKK Oklahoma

gently caress conference solidarity

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

the mean lunch lady posted:

I would hope both Georgia and Alabama would lose today, but Georgia is playing Oklahoma and FUCKKKKK Oklahoma

:agreed:

Go Dawgs gently caress a sooner

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

the mean lunch lady posted:

Counterpoint

gently caress the SEC

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

iospace posted:

Counterpoint

gently caress the SEC

Not emptyquoting.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lol at people who are so triggered by ESPN’s SEC homerism that they will root for their rivals over some random SEC team.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lol at people who are so triggered by ESPN’s SEC homerism that they will root for their rivals over some random SEC team.

Boomer fuckin sooner.
gently caress the SEC.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Alternative pants posted:

Boomer fuckin sooner.
gently caress the SEC.

2003 and 2008 still hurt, huh?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The weeks-of and in-game patronizing by announcers wears really thin

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This.

Rooting for your biggest rival because conference solidarity is not the way to do college football.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

Do you think the announcers actually care how the SEC does and are actually really sad when they lose?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Do you think the announcers actually care how the SEC does and are actually really sad when they lose?

Do you think the network with a financially vested interest in a conference isn't dictating to their employees how to spin said conference when at all possible?

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

ESPN has been gargling the SEC’s balls hard enough that it sure seems that way.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Do you think the network with a financially vested interest in a conference isn't dictating to their employees how to spin said conference when at all possible?

Im sure they are, but do you think you’re secretly getting revenge on ESPN by hate watching all of the coverage and games?

If you’re legitimately mad enough about things people say on ESPN to root for your rivals they’ve gotten exactly what they wanted from you.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, the ESPN has a financial stake in the SEC Network.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Im sure they are, but do you think you’re secretly getting revenge on ESPN by hate watching all of the coverage and games?

If you’re legitimately mad enough about things people say on ESPN to root for your rivals they’ve gotten exactly what they wanted from you.

What the gently caress are you even talking about

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Randaconda posted:

Also, considering the Fox deal, they now have a financial stake in almost every school given that they now own the regional rights. Like, Notre Dame and whatever games are carried by FS1 are the only schools/conferences that they don't have a financial stake in.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

swickles posted:

Also, considering the Fox deal, they now have a financial stake in almost every school given that they now own the regional rights. Like, Notre Dame and whatever games are carried by FS1 are the only schools/conferences that they don't have a financial stake in.

I think Fox kept the Big 10 network

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

YOLOsubmarine posted:

ESPN: U Mad?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

swickles posted:

Has the merger been approved by the feds yet?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Randaconda posted:

Who do you think owns the ACC network? ESPN has a financial interest in every conference in one way or another.

Crotch Bat posted:

What the gently caress are you even talking about

Getting mad enough at ESPN to let it affect your rooting interest is. stupid.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Boomer Sooner!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Come on, Georgia.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

a neat cape posted:

I think Fox kept the Big 10 network

They did but ESPN still has an interest in the Big Ten. They're paying a ton to the Big Ten in rights fees, and their most consistently highly rated games are OSU games

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://twitter.com/TonyGerdeman/status/947892984128966656

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That's actually the correct take on conference bowl records though

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

That's actually the correct take on conference bowl records though

The correct take is whatever helps the narrative you're going for.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Wrong thread

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Conveniently timed correct take

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Neither defense came to play today

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
LOL at assuming all SEC hate is because of ESPN and not exhaustion at every season ending the same way

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

What a great SEC defense... just so unbelievably amazing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

SpiritualDeath posted:

LOL at assuming all SEC hate is because of ESPN and not exhaustion at every season ending the same way

The rest of the SEC also hates Alabama.

• Locked thread