Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think I’m kind of relieved he’s just working on projects I don’t care about at all these days. If he came back and did a Ridley Scott to the Terminator franchise, I think that’d be the final nail in the coffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think I’m kind of relieved he’s just working on projects I don’t care about at all these days. If he came back and did a Ridley Scott to the Terminator franchise, I think that’d be the final nail in the coffin.

He's writing and producing the next Terminator movie (Tim Miller directing).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well Deadpool was good at least, but that’s not much of a resume there. I honesty don’t know how to feel about that, there’s been worse at least.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Lol because he's literally doing that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

By ‘a Ridley Scott’ I specifically mean making a complete pigs ear of it, though. Not just returning to work on it. The rollercoaster emotions of the person who did the best work then making the worst example.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

The Terminator franchise is dead, buried, and pissed on. Cameron can't hurt it anymore.

I honestly enjoyed...4? The Christian Bale one? Until the end where he gets a heart transplant in a tent.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Krispy Wafer posted:

The Terminator franchise is dead, buried, and pissed on. Cameron can't hurt it anymore.

I honestly enjoyed...4? The Christian Bale one? Until the end where he gets a heart transplant in a tent.

I honestly enjoyed almost nothing in 3 except the end.

When John Connor figured out that the machine was well, the internet (I know spooky, high concept) and the shelter he'd been sent to was a '60s relic with what they considered big iron and then the bombs started falling.

4 was alright though

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the ending of 3 was so good, it's a head scratcher as to how the rest of the movie happened. 4 I tried to just look past being a Terminator movie, and just being an unrelated sci-fi action flick and was average enough a way to spend a night in the cinema. I tried to watch Genisys when tired, and never returned to it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
3 had a decent car chase, you gotta give it that too.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

The one where the TX took a crane truck and all John had was a lovely veterinarian's toyota?

It was pretty good, and worth the price

I think the lovely little truck was a throwback to T2

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Steve Yun posted:

It did, and I'm not usually a big fan of car chases but I remember enjoying that.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Genisys annoyed me because unless you're not Ernest P. Worrel driving Santa's sled this is not how air brakes work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVuhQly6S98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7QIpBss_Y

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
When I was younger I just wanted a whole movie from the 5 minutes of Terminators shooting lasers in the future. 4 made that dream a reality.

3 was good for the video with the Schwarzenegger scientist.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Krispy Wafer posted:

3 was good for the video with the Schwarzenegger scientist.

Which never made final cut and was a deleted scene! The fools!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mTCgIHpQXE

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

haha this loving owns

i remember the afternoon of aug 29, 1997

it was a good day and when i pointed out the ref, i got a couple chuckles out of my friends

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jan 1, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

syscall girl posted:

haha this loving owns

i remember the afternoon of aug 29, 1997

it was a good day and when i pointed out the ref, i got a couple chuckles out of my friends

so great. the little details like that extra step sarah connor does when she picks up the baton & starts running

also the special effects are seriously amazing

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

so great. the little details like that extra step sarah connor does when she picks up the baton & starts running

also the special effects are seriously amazing

everything Linda Hamilton does is amazing

except marrying James Cameron

also, Lena Headey played Sarah Connor, I'd forgotten that Darth Cersei was in that show

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wait i was still talkin about low budgment day but i guess it also goes for the real movie lol

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Low Budgement Day is amazing, and there is a longer, 10 min cut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDNSI4wRwg8

The film was originally cut to 6 mins for entry in a contest. This 10 minute cut more accurately represents the director's vision.

edit: the best part is Sarah Connor's extended rant. "I'm gonna bust out of here, and I'm gonna start my own mental hospital..."

Snak fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 1, 2018

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Timby posted:

At last report he was having child actors on Avatar 2 being trained to hold their breath underwater for as long as three minutes, so... No.

As opposed to.. not.. having them trained?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

504 posted:

The movies are already 85% CGI, there's no reason to force anyone to be underwater for that long.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The movies are already 85% CGI, there's no reason to force anyone to be underwater for that long.

If people aren't hurting then the art isn't real.

I look forward to Cameron fully embracing his Kubrick phase.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

504 posted:

CHILD actors.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Isn't there?

Weird, you think a massively successful director worth billions would know that. Shame he hasn't got a wise... person from the internet.. to advise him.

Timby posted:

CHILD actors.

So?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
In theory, labor laws take very seriously situations that could endanger minor actors.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Drowning children is bad.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

But that's just my opinion.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What if its little hitler

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

504 posted:

Weird, you think a massively successful director worth billions would know that. Shame he hasn't got a wise... person from the internet.. to advise him.

Yes if there's anything the past year has taught me it's that massively successful people are immune from making bad decisions.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

got any sevens posted:

What if its little hitler

You know exactly what to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHI2QV_-mF0

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Any particular reason why some filmographies will leave out a director's documentary work? Like I've been going through Godard lately and only just now realized that as fuckin' long as the list I was working from was it was also leaving out his documentaries like A Film Like Any Other.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

504 posted:

Isn't there?

Read up about the making of the Abyss. Child actors probably won’t be able to punch Cameron if they need to.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
If the kids are young and small enough they could actually use the breathable water they used for the mouse in The Abyss.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Neo Rasa posted:

If the kids are young and small enough they could actually use the breathable water they used for the mouse in The Abyss.

i um i dont think we or they should try this

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Hey, that rat did it, so why can't some punk kids?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Guys, if the kids die you can just make more kids. It's not a big deal.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

feedmyleg posted:

Guys, if the kids die you can just make more kids. It's not a big deal.

And it's more fun than making more rats.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Drowning children is bad.
How do you feel about dropping a helicopter on them?