Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

ratbert90 posted:

He also had the dumb "evolution is disproven by Yu-Gi-oh cards comic.

Scroll up, scroll up...

Regalingualius posted:

Nnnot really, considering how super-hypocritical Sohmer got for pretending to be a champion for women when one of his very first storylines was Rayne getting off a statutory rape charge because the judge was a slut-shamer.

Plus DeSouza seems physically incapable of drawing them in any perspective other than 3/4ths.

...Plus there was that storyline where Rayne has a vision of the future where it’s at least heavily implied (if not outright stated, I can’t remember) that he finally had a lasting intimate relationship... with his niece.

What? I read a couple weeks of LICD, and I remember it being gross male fantasy, and then there was a Christmas Carol parody where a ghost showed him that none of the things that went wrong in his life were his fault and all the women whining about him should grow up and take responsibility. I had no idea it got that sleazy.

Again, I can superficially see how a story about bouncing from one unfulfilling relationship to another resembles Zelda, but context and tone matter.

Lord Hydronium posted:

I'm pretty sure I've read every version of this thread since it started. God help me.

Here's to another year. :getin:

:hfive: fellow Mallard Fillmore Megathread Reader.

oppositeofreality.jpg

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Good to see that Yogi Love still full-throatedly supports fascism. Need that Strong Daddy In Charge!

also good to see that I still lol at "Hey my man OBL has a pretty good point"

I was in a church discussion group and we talked about Islam for a few weeks, and at least one guy was obsessed with that "weak horse, strong horse" quote. Like, he was convinced that was the key to understanding all of Islam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yogi Love is like a try-hard Henry Payne in that he's got this haughty style that's used in the service of absolutely dipshit conservative nonsense.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

You really have to be completely hosed in the head to even get the idea to draw that.

It's basically claiming that the US budget belongs to the military.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Cat Mattress posted:

You really have to be completely hosed in the head to even get the idea to draw that.

It's basically claiming that the US budget belongs to the military.

Some people do believe that though, everything else is a constitutional violation

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Yogi Love is like a try-hard Henry Payne in that he's got this haughty style that's used in the service of absolutely dipshit conservative nonsense.

He's a weird cross-breed between Ramirez's awful art style and screaming about DEBT, and Garrison's fascism and paranoid schizophrenic rants about the DEEP STATE .

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
The OP is good but I feel Collins and Pope really deserve to be in the cartoonist list with the good guys.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Scrolling the new thread with the Fiance and she had a solid expression of "wtf" when this came up and I lingered over it.
To be fair that really should be the default expression for most things in this thread.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nobody responded to this but this is extremely funny imo

CassandraSupreme
Dec 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I missed the Gay Abortions award this year. Does anyone have a link?

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

davebo posted:

Multicultiism?

A clearly defined religion is more attractive to potential believers than a confusing assembly of disparate cult-like beliefs hastily slapped together under the banner of mysticism. A Good Cartoon.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

CassandraSupreme posted:

I missed the Gay Abortions award this year. Does anyone have a link?

It's not up yet, it will be in the next few days. In the meantime you can find the repository here.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

LtStorm posted:

A clearly defined religion is more attractive to potential believers than a confusing assembly of disparate cult-like beliefs hastily slapped together under the banner of mysticism. A Good Cartoon.

But enough about MormonismScientology.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

MelvinBison posted:

Whatever happened to Hope & Change guy anyway?
He still makes cartoons but calls them “Stilton’s Place” and it’s more of the same.

He made castration jokes about Chelsea Manning, so I think he’s dehumanized himself and faced to Trumpshed.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Ratzap posted:

The OP is good but I feel Collins and Pope really deserve to be in the cartoonist list with the good guys.

He specifically said he's not making a long index for the OP. Everyone has their thoughts about who's best, but we don't want to be too demanding.

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

GoutPatrol posted:

The one made after the 2012 election was pretty funny too, but that one is harder for me to find.
This one?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jurgan posted:

He specifically said he's not making a long index for the OP. Everyone has their thoughts about who's best, but we don't want to be too demanding.

I almost feel like we need a wiki at this point.
Past/Present cartoonists, previous Gaybie Winners and categories, etc.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

...but why did the donkey rape the elephant and why is a male elephant pregnant and why...

There are so many questions.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mistaya posted:

...but why did the donkey rape the elephant and why is a male elephant pregnant and why...

There are so many questions.

... gay abortions?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MissEchelon posted:

Zelda continues to own

What is "Zelda"? Is it a video game thing?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Alhazred posted:

I honestly never got why people compared DbD to Zelda. The only similarities I can think of is that they're both political and features nudity (although a lot of the nudity in Zelda is intentionally unsexy).

Your translations often include disagreement between subject and verb, and it makes the strip a bit word-salady. On the other hand, you're not writing in your native language and Muir is.

Mike S Miller is still working regularly in comics, by the way. He did Injustice: Gods Among Us for DC and all of the Game of Thrones comics. As i recall what happened was that Marvel discovered his webcomics and he was told that if he wanted to keep working for them he would have to stop publishing wank fantasies about killing Obama.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jedit posted:

Your translations often include disagreement between subject and verb, and it makes the strip a bit word-salady. On the other hand, you're not writing in your native language and Muir is.

Mike S Miller is still working regularly in comics, by the way. He did Injustice: Gods Among Us for DC and all of the Game of Thrones comics. As i recall what happened was that Marvel discovered his webcomics and he was told that if he wanted to keep working for them he would have to stop publishing wank fantasies about killing Obama.

I really don't know what to say about learning that a lovely webcomic guy is actually working as a professional artist.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Stultus Maximus posted:

I really don't know what to say about learning that a lovely webcomic guy is actually working as a professional artist.

Unlike, say, Branco or McCoy(both), he has artistic chops that fit well with superhero comics. Like Frank Cho, he's a reprehensible douche but he can turn in decent work on time. And unlike a writer he has less ability for his thoughts to show up in the comic unless he starts adding stuff in the background like that one jackass did.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

prefect posted:

Yes, Zelda is a stellar video game series. It's also a webcomic about a person trying to live her feminist ideals in... some country. I forget.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

prefect posted:

Actually, the drunk Swedish girl is called Link. Zelda is the princess. Not sure who Ganondorf is in this incarnation, probably the patriarchy or something

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I got buried by 2016 and 2017 just trying to figure out what was happening in the world on a day to day basis. Going to try to keep up with these shitheads in 2018

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's actually the other way round, he's a professional artist making lovely webcomics on the side. Miller has been working in comics since 1988.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

That's the one, thank you.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I got buried by 2016 and 2017 just trying to figure out what was happening in the world on a day to day basis. Going to try to keep up with these shitheads in 2018

I only caught up to half of last year's thread. Let's see if I can follow this one.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Solitair posted:

I only caught up to half of last year's thread. Let's see if I can follow this one.

If you visit twice a day you should be good.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

People like this covfefe thing a lot still, right? why am I not successful?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Van Kraken posted:

Happy New Year, ya weirdos.

Here's a better version I made just now.

And a classic we may have forgotten; for some reason, I know this URL by heart.

EDIT: The McCoys really should be added, because they actually do work that non-cartoon followers might recognize (some newspaper toon and also those loving Minions).

Zemyla fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 2, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zesty posted:

People like this covfefe thing a lot still, right? why am I not successful?

A lot of hack liberals still think it’s funny.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zemyla posted:

EDIT: The McCoys really should be added, because they actually do work that non-cartoon followers might recognize (some newspaper toon and also those loving Minions).

I'm also in favor of Branco and Garrison being put in, because in the Trump timeline they are incomprehensibly relevant

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Picnic Princess posted:

If you visit twice a day you should be good.

Only twice?

*Has thread favorited, refreshes User Control Panel page every 10-20 minutes*

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

the_steve posted:

This is a very good idea. It would be easy to keep up to date and also a convenient way of catching up people who don't regularly read the thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Elysiume posted:

Who's ready for another great year in the fine art of political cartooning? :toot:

I am absolutely ready for Stephen Collins' cartoons, yes :)

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Jedit posted:

He's still doing the Injustice 2 comic, although he's one of several artists in its rotation, since it's a weekly webcomic.

Miller genuinely isn't a bad artist. He's just got deeply lovely opinions, and it looks like around 2012 he decided to shut up about them in public. His current web presence is pretty much dead neutral.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Please continue to suggest cartoonists for the OP after I said I wasn't taking suggestions.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

Please continue to suggest cartoonists for the OP after I said I wasn't taking suggestions.

All of them.

Seriously, I like the wiki idea, and if someone launches it then that would settle this problem once and for all. Well, until people start edit wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

the_steve posted:

Superb idea. All we need now is someone energetic to do something because :effort: ya know.