Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Shrimp is only acceptable in very small quantities, and with cocktail sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Do not try the mystery flavour.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same, I don't understand why Vienna don't sell nationwide.

pwn posted:

I picked up a pack of Nathan’s og casing dogs the other day and saw the Vienna sausages there, and dismissed them as the same people who make the lovely tinned things. I’ll check em out next time I go

Maybe that's the reason. Armour has sullied the brand.

The_Doctor posted:

Are you for or against Eleanor’s shrimp machine?

If it is a thing designed to make specifically her happy, I'm all for it. Personally, animals without spines wig me the gently caress out but I don't want to yuck anyone's yum unless it directly relates to Chicago food traditions. ;)

tarlibone posted:

What about calling a hotdog a sandwich?

Wait... what about calling a hotdog a sausage sandwich??

Hold on... what about hearing someone end a sentence with the word "hotdog" and then saying, out loud, "... but you'd better not try to hurt her, Frank-Furter!"

I mean, you can, but it's weird.

The_Doctor posted:

Do not try the mystery flavour.

What if the Mystery Flavor is Ham And Pineapple?

:aaaaa:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Just as long as its not on a pizza :colbert:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Like, a sub/hoagie is definitely a sandwich, right? A hotdog bun is pretty much the same thing as a hoagie bun, only smaller, and then you put the same kinda stuff inside -- meat, veggies, condiments. The only difference is that you eat a hotdog with the slit in the bun facing up instead of to the side. If a hotdog isn't a sandwich, I don't think you can call a sub a sandwich either.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Mystery Flavor was revealed in episode to be White Chocolate. Don't try it, it's nasty.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hangedman1984 posted:

Just as long as its not on a pizza :colbert:

What if there are tiny little Hawaiian pizzas in the sauce.

What if there is no such thing as an up quark and a down quark, only pineapple quarks and ham quarks?

What if this is one of the 92% of things Doug Forcett got right.

Phenotype posted:

Like, a sub/hoagie is definitely a sandwich, right? A hotdog bun is pretty much the same thing as a hoagie bun, only smaller, and then you put the same kinda stuff inside -- meat, veggies, condiments. The only difference is that you eat a hotdog with the slit in the bun facing up instead of to the side. If a hotdog isn't a sandwich, I don't think you can call a sub a sandwich either.

That is for Philly and the surrounding countryside to determine. Or wherever it is that says "hoagie" or "grinder." We must defer to them in this matter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

This thread is making me really hungry, and now I just want a big beef with cheese from Portillo’s.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Any white chocolate on top?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This thread, is truly, the Food Place.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Smells like shrimp and hiatus in here.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Finished the first season of this and on the first episode of the second season now. I like the premise and the twists but at the same time, the idea of people being tortured forever is so disturbing I might not be able to finish it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Just binged what episodes were of this show in the last day and a half, I love it.

Also for a minor character that's appeared in two episodes, Marques Ray (who played Tahani's new soulmate in the first ep of season 2) is pretty darn attractive and I'd like more of him please and thanks.

I also find it funny that Eleanor has made several comments about Chidi being ripped when he's not... obviously ripped at all. At least not in the 'I'm going to the gym' way.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
NBC is actively advertising the extended cuts of episodes. Posting extended cuts is a kind of brilliant way to get people to watch them again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcsL6zAl-Cf/

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
that's loving awesome, but also i hate them for it, i don't have time to rewatch all of these even though i really want to aaaaaahhhh

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Now can they put all the extended cuts on Blu-ray please?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snooze Cruise posted:

This thread, is truly, the Food Place.

No! No! Bad poster! Bad!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The fact that this was renewed for a third season scares me a little because they might try and have another big twist at the end of this season, even though it's not really possible at this point unless it's based on something that Michael didn't know.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

The_Doctor posted:

Now can they put all the extended cuts on Blu-ray please?
They couldn’t even manage to get uncuts of episodes 1 and 13 on the S1 DVD

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can she be President of the world yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9TZGc3h66Q

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The fact that this was renewed for a third season scares me a little because they might try and have another big twist at the end of this season, even though it's not really possible at this point unless it's based on something that Michael didn't know.

Show runners have already said the show isn’t doing end season twists just because S1 had it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Crackbone posted:

Show runners have already said the show isn’t doing end season twists just because S1 had it.

Nice.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Rocksicles posted:

Can she be President of the world yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9TZGc3h66Q

"Kristen's going through this too."
"She went through birth."

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I love how the reason "The Good Place" (the in-show construct) isn't working is cause the demons aren't like humans; they have a one track mind.They are only things like biters, other jianyu is a fire guy, Hot Guy is a twister. The need actual intelligence to outsmart the humans, but they are developing it slowly, such as Vicky.

pwn
May 27, 2004

E09, 2018.01.04: Leap to Faith
E10, 2018.01.11: Best Self
E11, 2018.01.18: Rhonda, Diana, Jake, and Trent
E12, 2018.01.25: The Burrito
E13, 2018.02.01: Somewhere Else

Then the season’s over and it’s all olympics all the time for three weeks. Truly The Bad Place

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Somewhere Else sounds intriguing.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I hope "The Burrito" answers this famous philisophical question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhXCuUG2pw

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Watching the first season on Netflix and the show's whole vibe feels like the Sims to me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If you haven't seen the finale yet you should probably get out of this thread ASAP

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I legit forgot this show was even coming back, I had mentally prepared myself for no more until S3

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Arist posted:

If you haven't seen the finale yet you should probably get out of this thread ASAP

Just finished it and tbh that really only makes it more like The Sims to me. :haw:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I somehow didn't make that connection, but that's actually a really apt comparison.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hi everyone, I binged the show while at my parents' for the holidays, and have caught up today! It is very good! Seriously I love it.

Also here's a shot of everyone's ethics papers from a recent episode:

The best part of this gag is that Claire Danes' father-in-law is actually an ethics professor who has taught a lot about moral particularism. This goddamn show.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Jason pulling a C- on his Ethnics paper is pretty good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What’s people’s take on ‘Derek’? I’m rewatching season 2, it’s the next episode up, and I’ve got this feeling of dread about it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm not super wild on it (and I think there's no way Derek doesn't amount to nothing down the road), but it's a decent episode to show people trying to move on from a previous relationship.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 4, 2018

pwn
May 27, 2004

I enjoyed it (BYE!! *pop*), but I don’t have any baggage from seeing the actor in previous roles. Some people here really don’t like that dude

Edit: Actually was he in Workaholics? I think someone said he was on Workaholics. I remember little about that show; I watched a couple episodes and determined, correctly, that it was hot garbage. I can’t recall him, though, let alone being especially annoyed by him.

pwn fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 4, 2018

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

pwn posted:

I enjoyed it (BYE!! *pop*), but I don’t have any baggage from seeing the actor in previous roles. Some people here really don’t like that dude

Edit: Actually was he in Workaholics? I think someone said he was on Workaholics. I remember little about that show; I watched a couple episodes and determined, correctly, that it was hot garbage. I can’t recall him, though, let alone being especially annoyed by him.

He probably shows up. That's a show where everyone is insane enough that he might not stand out.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
The actor's name is Jason Mantzoukas, and yeah, he was in one episode of Workaholics. He's also been in Brooklyn 99 and Parks and Rec.

Personally I'm pretty indifferent to the guy. Everything I've seen him in, he's pretty much played the same character, but at least he's always been a minor character so it's never been too grating for me. I can totally understand how others hate him though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I only know him from Brooklyn 99, and his character is pretty different there. I think it’s just the cringey sitcom ‘we must hide this thing’ tropes in play.

• Locked thread