Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Pants Donkey posted:

Please continue to suggest cartoonists for the OP after I said I wasn't taking suggestions.

You dont even have Ben Garrison or David Dees up there yet smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

well, a black child author mouthpiece said antifascism is bad, so now I'm convinced

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

if this wasn't at least nominated for an Opposite of Reality Gaybie what are we even doing

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

The hot take Jill Stein guy from the last thread private messaged me to brag about how much money he makes off of comics

weird

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

The Big Word posted:

well, a black child author mouthpiece said antifascism is bad, so now I'm convinced

ANTIFA: hahahaha now i control you, and you must . . . oppose fascism!!!
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: ahhh gently caress!! noooooo!!! Shittttt

gowb posted:

The hot take Jill Stein guy from the last thread private messaged me to brag about how much money he makes off of comics

weird

Well, how much??

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I don't read comics, is this a reference to anything real that's happened lately in any of the current ongoing storylines? Or is just typical right wing whining for the sake of whining?

Also, is Captain America still a Nazi?

CassandraSupreme
Dec 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Panty Saluter posted:

if this wasn't at least nominated for an Opposite of Reality Gaybie what are we even doing

Pentagonization is real, the American Military-Industrial complex supports radical domestic spending keeping Americans happy and financially supported at the expense of a those suffering under the Neo-Colonialist Empire.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I don't read comics, is this a reference to anything real that's happened lately in any of the current ongoing storylines? Or is just typical right wing whining for the sake of whining?

There is a you tube account called Diversity and Comics that whines no stop about the direction Marvel comics is taking with its more progressive approach to comics over the last few years.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

I'm like half a year behind on the Unlimited app, but as far as I know they fix it with your standard reality bending plot device, which caused it in the first place. It's just an easy thing for idiots to point to when what they're really mad about is how many classic characters are now non-whites. Hulk, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Ghost Rider, etc.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
With like a billion stories going in parallel at any given time I figured Marvel could keep at least one story going where white men save the day every time so people like that are satisfied.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I'm surprised there isn't some lovely racist dig at Ms. Marvel in that cartoon. You'd think he'd be all over that.

e: Looking at it closer, for all his complaining about diversity, every character he drew in the cartoon except Squirrel Girl is a white man. Great self own!

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 2, 2018

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

They gonna gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That last panel rules :)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I feel like she's been drunk at a party, maybe just one or maybe different ones, for months.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

No. There is now an "Evil Steve" who's trussed up like Hannibal Lecter in a prison, and the real Steve is wandering around the Midwest solving problems and trying to get his head back on straight.

I've even read the comics where they tried to wrap this up and I still have no idea what happened there. I suspect it was rewritten in a big hurry after the backlash hit.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Snowball II is that you

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wanderer posted:

No. There is now an "Evil Steve" who's trussed up like Hannibal Lecter in a prison, and the real Steve is wandering around the Midwest solving problems and trying to get his head back on straight.

I've even read the comics where they tried to wrap this up and I still have no idea what happened there. I suspect it was rewritten in a big hurry after the backlash hit.

If this new evil Captain America isn't named "Un-American Pilot" then the comic book industry truly is creativity bankrupt.

I'm liking this new guy.

Also, I like how Zelda allowed to be a jerk instead of always being the voice of reason.

I just like the Zelda comic in general, honestly. It has it's problems, but I'm glad it gets posted here because otherwise I would never have gotten a chance to read it.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Skip the 2018 midterms? But haven't most polls suggested that a Democrat wave is incoming? Why would you want to miss seeing GOP reps getting kicked out of the House?

Also that man is part owl.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Skip the 2018 midterms? But haven't most polls suggested that a Democrat wave is incoming? Why would you want to miss seeing GOP reps getting kicked out of the House?

The better question: do you drink the wine bong water or do you just waste the wine for no benefit?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

what even is this

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

[Vague Query]
[Vague Response]
[Request for Clarification]
[No Clarification Available]

The Prickly City experience in the age of Trump.

It almost makes me wish he'd go back to READY.

Oh and gently caress off Tinsley.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Okay, "Ufer" made me laugh.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Lots of old people will never understand what discrimination on a societal level is really about and they'll die thinking that it's mystic voodoo that you have to be a priest of it to understand. I can't even feel good or bad about it anymore; it just is.

That said, every time a young person leaves college without understanding it it's an ongoing fuckup that desperately needs to be addressed right now.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 2, 2018

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

yesssssss

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Everything I say offends someone!

...it must be everyone else who is the problem.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

CassandraSupreme
Dec 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Zivilyn Bane posted:

It's funny because there already is a high end weed scene that centers around wine country. LOL if you think that isn't going to explode with legalization.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
tbh pretty much nobody who could afford to go to wine tastings was going to be getting in trouble for weed

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ularg posted:

Only twice?

*Has thread favorited, refreshes User Control Panel page every 10-20 minutes*

Best way to read this thread is to just look at the pretty pictures imo.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fathis Munk posted:

Best way to read this thread is to just look at the pretty pictures imo.

None of the pictures are pretty though

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

This is it, the picture that got me to put up an avatar after 10 years on the forums.

Lets Pickle fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jan 2, 2018

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That’s a pretty good Luke Perry

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Notorious fatty, Justin Bieber.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

"That which disagrees with me is valueless." - Man who, professionally, disagrees with other people.

Really good theory of mind you've got going there, sport.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Lord Hydronium posted:

I'm surprised there isn't some lovely racist dig at Ms. Marvel in that cartoon. You'd think he'd be all over that.

e: Looking at it closer, for all his complaining about diversity, every character he drew in the cartoon except Squirrel Girl is a white man. Great self own!

The Hulk is Korean, the Champions has Ms. Marvel, Korean Hulk, (Latino?) Nova, and black spider man, I think the deadpool is meant to be Gwenpool, it's more or less on target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Mais non, il est parti, le chat d'Iran.