Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I'm not related to this at all ARE YOU THREATENING ME?

NO BUT KEEP UP YOUR POSTING AND ILL HAVE TO LEGALLY THREATEN YOU WITH CONTEMPT OF JURISDICTION IN MY COURT, CLOWN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

:laffo: :lol: :)

ps: I thought Buffalo (along with mammoth) were off the menu? Be consistent Titanic!

Bulls are technically fish, since they swim upstream hundreds of miles to gently caress. I used a bamboo rod I hand crafted from the Chinese forest. Literally tore it out of the mouth of a panda and hog tied it just to show it who was boss. Then I shaved it and used it’s monochromatic fur as the very thread for my bamboo rod. This is a sort of lure for the American swimming bull, as they believe the line is actually a Holstein cow, and divert their swimming efforts to gently caress my rod. Once they are caught by the dick, it’s curtains from there and a short trip to my dinner table.

After, of course, appropriate preparation for the dinner.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

Just for fun.

:lol:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dusty Lens posted:

I wonder if in our haste we have each of us forgotten to stay frosty.

Have you been ignoring your inner monologue again???

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The Titanic posted:

Bulls are technically fish, since they swim upstream hundreds of miles to gently caress. I used a bamboo rod I hand crafted from the Chinese forest. Literally tore it out of the mouth of a panda and hog tied it just to show it who was boss. Then I shaved it and used it’s monochromatic fur as the very thread for my bamboo rod. This is a sort of lure for the American swimming bull, as they believe the line is actually a Holstein cow, and divert their swimming efforts to gently caress my rod. Once they are caught by the dick, it’s curtains from there and a short trip to my dinner table.

We could have used your insight a few pages back during the spearfishing conversation.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

The Titanic posted:

I wish I knew why people bang their heads against the Derek wall. They know what’s going to happen because Derek has done it to many people who have went toe to toe with him.

I guess they feel they will somehow be the Chosen One? The one who owns Derek so hard that he goes in a corner and cries? Because this has happened... never?

Well, good luck to the newest candidate to try to show up Derek at his own game. He’ll probably need all the luck he can get. Though I imagine if they get served actual court papers I have a feeling they get super cooperative, especially since winning an argument on the Internet, especially over a ducking video game, probably gets really stupid sounding at that point.

I can see it being a hamfisted attempt at the following:

1) Have an audience.
2) Pick a fight with DS.
3) Make a stand, and set up a gofundme to support fighting the good fight.
4) Collect a whopping $385.17 after fees, then back down before it gets to court.
5) Claim victory.

The guy is already trying to play up the sympathy angle, and a C&D is his cue to set up the fund. It's a calculated risk, but would pay off as long as DS is willing to accept apologies or retractions.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

At least your wrists are ok!

Though seriously I hope you aren’t badly hurt. :ohdear:
I'm okay, took a painkiller and had some wine and now things are really, really, really fine.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Happy new year star citizen comedy club. Hard to believe we've been fellow travellers in shitposting for so long.
I remember reading this poo poo at work daily since at least the doobie/dayz/SC combo threads, how many years ago was that? Also where did my life go so wrong

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

D_Smart posted:

At this point, he's gotta be trolling, because no other explanation makes sense. He probably believes the profanities seal the deal. All that aside from the fact that he still hasn't posted which publishers I bankrupted, despite being asked several times already. I can troll with the best of them, but now I've just blocked him because clearly he's just making GBS threads up the thread.

God drat, man. You of all people should know it could take as long as two weeks to reveal that sort of sensitive information.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Good dog

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...

TheAgent posted:

I'm okay, took a painkiller and had some wine and now things are really, really, really fine.

Didn't some Star Citizen demo or patch get delayed because some dev fell off a bicycle? Are you Archering their dev cycle/excuses/broken promises?

If so, I'd like to make a Love Pledge for all the jpegs you can produce! ;o)

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The Titanic posted:

At least your wrists are ok!

I feel like we'll be hearing this a lot less if we ever make it to 3.1

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fangrim posted:

Didn't some Star Citizen demo or patch get delayed because some dev fell off a bicycle? Are you Archering their dev cycle/excuses/broken promises?

If so, I'd like to make a Love Pledge for all the jobs you can produce! ;o)
Love Pledge is my own personal Star Citizen

I'm Robertsing the living gently caress out of it and I lol everytime I make some change to some piece of art that doesn't matter, instead of sitting my fat rear end back down and writing/coding the remainder of the game

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also tonight me and the gal made a pavlova (well she made it actually after I burned my hand) and goddamn those things are good

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
next time we need to let the eggs we use get to room temperature though, cool eggs make the meringue too runny without fluffy peaks

why no, we haven't been binge watching the great british baking show or anything, either

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Contingency posted:

as long as DS is willing to accept apologies or retractions.

Hi Mr. Warlord,

I have a sincere request that you do not accept apologies or retractions.

Tia,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Comedy Forum Poster

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

TheAgent posted:

next time we need to let the eggs we use get to room temperature though, cool eggs make the meringue too runny without fluffy peaks

why no, we haven't been binge watching the great british baking show or anything, either

looks like we have a regular Paul Hollywood over here.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

no_recall posted:

Hi Mr. Warlord,

I have a sincere request that you do not accept apologies or retractions.

Tia,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Comedy Forum Poster

Agreed. Damage is done. No retraction nor apology is going to remedy it. Those are never in good faith, anyway. The only reasonable resolution to this dilemma is complete jpeg liquidation and the proceeds being used to purchase LoD licenses.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Galarox posted:

Happy new year Goonfriends, have some poetry!

e - with thanks to Alfred Lord Tennyson

posting from the distant past to pay :five: for this utter masterpiece.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Cue Chris ranting that, "We know it's unplayable, you don't have to tell us!"

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

"Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Star Citizen." Country and Western sleeper hit of the year.

I don't think I would expect this game to reach a playable state until around January 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

CrazyTolradi posted:

Cue Chris ranting that, "We know it's unplayable, you don't have to tell us!"

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

ARE YOU THREATENING ME?

Now that you've forced my hand, I'm not going to spend time and resources on a single six hour ban, seeing as I've been working on this for months now.

I have never - ever - walked into an anime ban case I didn't prevail in, simply because I'm neither stupid, nor do I take them lightly.

You better hope this is a spear fishing story because my cast iron is piping hot and I'm all covered in butter and garlic

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
So a guy who has dozens of hours of video on YouTube screaming about video games is making a huge show of being concerned about staying anonymous after stepping to famed internet warlord Derek Smart?

This dude seems pretty dumb.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

TheAgent posted:

Wait, wait, wait... You burned your hands making a pavlova? You're obviously Doing It Wrong. The last 30 minutes of the meringue being in the oven, the oven should be off and the door slightly ajar and it should be all but cool by the time you take it out.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

Happy new year Star Citizen thread!

Travelling with intermittent internet, there is no way I can catch up, did I miss anything in the last few days?

Is Bootcha's documentary being well received?

Hope everyone is well and in good spirits

Internet is overrated, already old and less care about it each minute passing. The future is the minitel network, it's where all the cool guys are

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

DEREK SMART DEREK SMART DEREK SMART
Just feeding his alert screen for when he wakes up.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

skaboomizzy posted:

So a guy who has dozens of hours of video on YouTube screaming about video games is making a huge show of being concerned about staying anonymous after stepping to famed internet warlord Derek Smart?

This dude seems pretty dumb.

The funny part is that the people most likely to be pissed at him and likely to do something drastic are the ones that pay him guild fees and patreon donations. They're the ones that got grifted. Montoya is making enough bank to go month to month by telling them Star Citizen is great, gently caress the haters.

And Montoya is probably dumb enough to have given them all his real life address because they're so close and he really wants their money.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what Irish Policeman Derek thinks about his Internet Warlord alter ego

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

The Titanic posted:

Your going to Swiss Voodoo your cow then Sears it, aren't you.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey guys, pressing the take off button makes my ship go crazy, how do you take off?

It's as simple as opening a menu in a Derek Smart game:

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Yvonmukluk posted:

He naturally got called out for it.

https://twitter.com/montoya_test/status/947980002385125376

And yet...he somehow is pouring his money into Star Citizen?

He'll refund a bunch of ships to fund his lawyer fees.

The genius of that...

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

trucutru posted:

It's as simple as opening a menu in a Derek Smart game:

Only pressing Z sounds too simple for a Smart game. It would have been at least Ctrl+Shift+Z followed by drawing a tree of life from Kabbalah with your mouse if it was the real deal.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
It's amusing that Montoya in his anti-swatting virtue signalling frenzy linked to Derek and the wheelchair guy as evidence of heinous cyber behaviour when what started the entire "him in the wheelchair" episode was Nitro Typat calling for people to swat Derek.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

trucutru posted:

Hey guys, pressing the take off button makes my ship go crazy, how do you take off?

:lol:

Remember that time half a year ago when Chris said 3.0 was being delayed to add extra polish and bugfixing because they expected a lot of new and returning players?

Seems like maybe they missed a couple spots. Somehow.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is Polish even supported by SC?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

SelenicMartian posted:

Is Polish even supported by SC?

Polish is undergoing bug-fixing and is expected to be included in 3.x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
There's no polish to this game