Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TyrantWD posted:

Wouldn't it be safer to have random teens make it? If a plain clothes secret service agent walks into McDonalds and orders a big mac, there is a lot less risk of someone being able to poison the president.

If I recall correctly this is what they do for Air Force One when they're prepositioning food and supplies for when the plane comes in. Even then the food selected for prep would be selected at random (so you'd have 5 teams of agents buying food at different locations, and then which food they use is also selected at random).

The History Channel used to be good for something beyond Aliens and Meth Star Truckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Glazier posted:

This. It's the same reason they don't use food service suppliers at the WH and instead send agents to buy food in plain clothes.

Wouldn't it be a hint when a guy in dark sunglasses built like an Olympic swimmer comes into the store and buys two cases of diet sodas, ketchup and a bag of off-brand hamburger patties?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

...He hired a foreign agent as his National Security Advisor....

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

TyrantWD posted:

Wouldn't it be safer to have random teens make it? If a plain clothes secret service agent walks into McDonalds and orders a big mac, there is a lot less risk of someone being able to poison the president.

Presidential security always seems so hit or miss on being ultra spy stuff or not. LIke i know they collect the president's poop when he travels to keep spys from stealing national state secrets and a doctor follows him around with a tank of his own blood in case of emergencies but then he can just announce he eats the same fast food every day and any teen that knew he was in town that day could just cum on all the burgers and have at least reasonable odds the president was going to get one of them.

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

In this thread, the middle class is people making between $20k and $40k, and anyone who owns a six-figure home is at least upper-middle-upper class. :commissar:

Absolutely no one is making these sorts of arguments and I really heavily side-eye anyone who makes posts like this. Who are you meant to be satirizing?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Presidential security always seems so hit or miss on being ultra spy stuff or not. LIke i know they collect the president's poop when he travels to keep spys from stealing national state secrets and a doctor follows him around with a tank of his own blood in case of emergencies but then he can just announce he eats the same fast food every day and any teen that knew he was in town that day could just cum on all the burgers and have at least reasonable odds the president was going to get one of them.

This is exactly why Obama expanded the powers of the :cumpolice:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Point of terminology, when someone says "high six figures" do they mean like $185,000 or like $800,000?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948195478428102657

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Data Graham posted:

Point of terminology, when someone says "high six figures" do they mean like $185,000 or like $800,000?

The latter.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Zero passenger deaths on jet airliners, worldwide. It's loving great, still, but this illustrates once again how closely Trump never reads anything.

e: If you're curious about the report he's referencing.

LtStorm fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 2, 2018

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Democrazy posted:

You know what bothers me about this view the most? The GOP tax plan doesn’t exist in a vacuum; it works in concert with their ideas for entitlement cuts, healthcare cuts and welfare reform. Someone might end up with a bit more money in their pocket due to taxes, but they’re going to feel it when their SSA check is cut, or when their ACA subsidy no longer exists. You can’t be in favor of one without the other. It’s all one system.

I'm not in favor of the Trump tax cuts, my point this entire time has been that blue states should #resist it by raising their top income and corporate rates, not by fighting to make sure other affluent people get a piece of the loot while our infrastructure and schools crumble.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

There were no city-destroying meteor showers in 2017. When *I* was president! Safest best most beautiful year of all time! Because OF ME. i did it. it was me.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 2, 2018

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Impressive that he can fulfill the roles of both POTUS and Global Air Traffic Controller from the golf course. Reagan would be envious

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

regulation.....works?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Remember that about 6 months ago Trump was pushing to privatise air traffic control.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
I bet that was one of the Amazing Things You Did he got in his morning "Trump=successful packet. Plus flattering photos."

Newsweek - Donald Trump is fed propaganda every morning to keep him happy

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 2, 2018

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/948194931281031168

Why is other in quotes?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

He probably means Twitter

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

because he wants to look like tough dude.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh god he's having actual fun with this

He missed it

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Data Graham posted:

Oh god he's having actual fun with this

He missed it

In this one, awful sense, he and we have much in common

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Because his dementia-addled mind sees quotation marks as a way to show emphasis, much like the RANDOM capitalization of WORDS shows that he's SERIOUS.

Study the Freep thread; you'll see it there too.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

KickerOfMice posted:

I bet that was one of the Amazing Things You Did he got in his morning "Trump=successful packet. Plus flattering photos."

Newsweek - Donald Trump is fed propaganda every morning to keep him happy

Yeah, that was my first thought too.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
My understanding was if you have to work to maintain your standard of living, you are not wealthy. Upper middle class maybe sure, but not wealthy. When you can golf and travel all you want, and not worry about paying for anything despite not working, then and only then you are wealthy. Arguments about where to cut off middle class from upper middle class are silly anyway, the guy in the bigger house across town is not your enemy here.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
us prez reviews good boy folder while watching pandering state media every morning so what

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

In conclusion, North Korea is a land of contrasts.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948202173049049088

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948205689683562496

lol

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Pooled and redistributed at the state level.

AKA: Taking away the incentive for anyone to ever want to raise property taxes.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

It must be absolute hell inside his head.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Cry some more you loving baby.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Alter Ego posted:

It must be absolute hell inside his head.

I'd imagine it somewhere between these

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Scaramucci Denies Report He Could Return To The White House

BOOOOOOO

Sometimes I miss Spicey. He was a reprehensible sniveling lying invertebrate, too, but it was easier to laugh at his bumbling rear end, than impervious, ice cold, reality-denier ShuckS. The Mooch was summoned in a flash, as quick as FAKE NEWS, and then vanished into the veil faster than you can talk about stabbing someone's eyes out to obtain power at a Hannukah party.

Alas.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

KickerOfMice posted:

Scaramucci Denies Report He Could Return To The White House

BOOOOOOO

Sometimes I miss Spicey. He was a reprehensible sniveling lying invertebrate, too, but it was easier to laugh at his bumbling rear end, than impervious, ice cold, reality-denier ShuckS. The Mooch was summoned in a flash, as quick as FAKE NEWS, and then vanished into the veil faster than you can talk about stabbing someone's eyes out to obtain power at a Hannukah party.

Alas.

Jesus, it's like he's literally trying to quote 80s Guy, "friendship to me means that for 2 bucks I'd beat you with a pool cue until you got detached retinas"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
a no joke good pivot?

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/948209991659515904

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mercury Ballistic posted:

My understanding was if you have to work to maintain your standard of living, you are not wealthy. Upper middle class maybe sure, but not wealthy. When you can golf and travel all you want, and not worry about paying for anything despite not working, then and only then you are wealthy. Arguments about where to cut off middle class from upper middle class are silly anyway, the guy in the bigger house across town is not your enemy here.

Saying someone doesn't need a tax cut isn't treating them like an "enemy".

It is astonishing that Reaganism has been so successful at indoctrinating even the Democratic party that even paying a tax rate still lower than what they would have paid in 1980 is treated like a mortal threat by affluent HENRYs

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Jones is certainly a better choice than Moore, though he is gonna be centrist af since even his dem constituents swing way more right than other dems.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Jones is certainly a better choice than Moore, though he is gonna be centrist af since even his dem constituents swing way more right than other dems.

Yeah that was always a given. But hell, a centrist Democrat is gonna vote the way the way this thread likes 90% of the time, more on votes that actually matter, as opposed to 0% for literally any Republican who would get elected in Alabama.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948211438472089600 Holy poo poo.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Pakled posted:

Yeah that was always a given. But hell, a centrist Democrat is gonna vote the way the way this thread likes 90% of the time, more on votes that actually matter, as opposed to 0% for literally any Republican who would get elected in Alabama.

Yeah, but watch them howl as he votes against them 10% of the time. "Might as well have voted Moore!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Well, they are technically about DACA results I guess.

• Locked thread