Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Welp, she topped Regan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Oh my god

This is insane poo poo. These letters are insane poo poo!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Grondoth posted:

Oh my god

This is insane poo poo. These letters are insane poo poo!
Yes.

The UVF are abusive, insane people. I hope the Miami Band guy finds out what did happen, and that some level of justice is done, just like the boys at Kincora and many other cases. I think it will be impossible to find evidence not deliberately hosed up and/or written by schizo supergrass fucks.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Put it in the same folder as the plan to fight aids by putting all the gays in concentration camps.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Put it in the same folder as the plan to fight aids by putting all the gays in concentration camps.

Hey, don't forget the UVF's very own doomsday plan for the repartition of Ireland. Guess that's the one thing that sort of undermines the credibility of the letter; that the UVF themselves are incredibly shady motherfuckers.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:chanpop:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i don’t know guys i think that anthrax thing and perhaps even the irish pm bombing might be fake news

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

The UVF letter said

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

TomViolence posted:

Hey, don't forget the UVF's very own doomsday plan for the repartition of Ireland. Guess that's the one thing that sort of undermines the credibility of the letter; that the UVF themselves are incredibly shady motherfuckers.

Just because they had a genocidal contingency plan to make Northern Ireland a scots-irish ethnostate doesn't mean they're lying about MI5. :shrug:

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Just because they had a genocidal contingency plan to make Northern Ireland a scots-irish ethnostate doesn't mean they're lying about MI5. :shrug:

agreeed but also they are cunts and cunts lie a lot

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

TomViolence posted:

agreeed but also they are cunts and cunts lie a lot

I guess the question that should be asked is why they would lie about this now? Or even why say anything at all?

An investigation is the bare minimum of what should be expected, and not collective silence.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I guess the question that should be asked is why they would lie about this now? Or even why say anything at all?

An investigation is the bare minimum of what should be expected, and not collective silence.

im not arguing either way but they're not lying now if they are lying but lying in the context of a historic breakdown in good faith betweeen loyalists and the british government

the brits are cunts and may be lying but also the uvf are cunts and maybe lying

either way some oval office is lying imo

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i don’t know guys i think that anthrax thing and perhaps even the irish pm bombing might be fake news

be the fake news you want to see in the world

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They aren't lying about this now, they were (very probably) lying about it in 1987, to make out that they were very powerful and well connected, and should be listened to, and the records have been opened because it is 30 years after that.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
tony young who i’m pretty sure they just appointed Person in charge of universities is a loving eugenicist

https://twitter.com/stephen_curry/status/947896044947496960

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The actual plan was to release large numbers of sex pests.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

etalian posted:

The actual plan was to release large numbers of sex pests.

I thought conservative politicians hated visiting Ireland?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/948116658698276864

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

That Playlist better just be The Internationale, The Red Flag and The Warwaswain in that order

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
But if it's the Billy Bragg internationale I'm turning tory

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Bryter posted:

But if it's the Billy Bragg internationale I'm turning tory

i actually prefer that version. the original seems so old and eurocentric.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nobody prefers the Billy Bragg version, quit lyin.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I clicked on that Labour Spotify link and saw it was a tiny url, I was worried for a second that I was about to get goatsed by Corbyn's Labour

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

tony young who i’m pretty sure they just appointed Person in charge of universities is a loving eugenicist

https://twitter.com/stephen_curry/status/947896044947496960
BoJo's brother JoJo is unis man I thought?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

jBrereton posted:

BoJo's brother JoJo is unis man I thought?

yeah Jo Johnson is minister for universities. he's just appointed Toby Young to the new board of HE regulator / competition authority that kicks off this year. The Office for Students.

i trust this man to oversee the Prevent anti-terrorism programme and maintain freedom of speech on campus

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Nebakenezzer posted:

Welp, she topped Regan

Lol Reagan probably had at least 20 or so different genocides plotted just for kicks

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Terror Sweat posted:

Lol Reagan probably had at least 20 or so different genocides plotted just for kicks

Yeah but most were ones he'd plotted already and then forgotten about.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

reagan successfully plotted and staged a genocide in office: that of his own brain cells

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Failson status confirmed

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/948264314070323200

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol mummy's failsons

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Terror Sweat posted:

I don't doubt this at all but just for my own edification I'm going to say "got any examples"

Weirdly I've found the occasional good thing Reagan did over the years, where as Thatcher just gets worse and worse and worse

My opinion of her was already at zero but she's managed to unlock negative numbers with me

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Also Jonathon Pie's year in review

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

toby young is so bad it's almost laughable if it wasn't so depressing

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Nebakenezzer posted:

I don't doubt this at all but just for my own edification I'm going to say "got any examples"

Weirdly I've found the occasional good thing Reagan did over the years, where as Thatcher just gets worse and worse and worse

My opinion of her was already at zero but she's managed to unlock negative numbers with me

reagan was a son of a bitch but having holes in your brain hampers deliberating on active malice

that was what his staff was for

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
gonna just park this one here for a special occasion

https://twitter.com/lumpylouise/status/946986731420704768

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

MikeCrotch posted:

I clicked on that Labour Spotify link and saw it was a tiny url, I was worried for a second that I was about to get goatsed by Corbyn's Labour

what is that man doing to his vote share?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Looke posted:

toby young is so bad it's almost laughable if it wasn't so depressing

he looks like the kind of guy you shouldnt leave around kids

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

got any sevens posted:

he looks like the kind of guy you shouldnt leave around kids

We've established that he is British, yes.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

"The DfE has also faced severe criticism over the appointment from those who say Young wrote in support of employing eugenics to weed out children deemed less likely to have high IQs.

Young said that criticism was a “little misleading”, saying the article, written for the Australian periodical Quadrant in 2015, discussed technological advancement in the area and argued that any future developments should be made available on national health services, rather than only making them available to the rich."

yes you see, i meant eugenics for everyone not just the wealthy! that's better right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/948469085557411841