Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Ariong posted:

You can't get adventures from spleen items in ronin or hardcore anymore. Astral Energy Drinks gone, wads only give stats now.

rip oxycore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
MIYAZAKI: Oxycore was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I do not like this change

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
What's the logic behind it?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
they don't want spleen to just be a second stomach

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The only thing left in standard that gave adv for spleen was astral after 2015 rotates & if they left it astral energy drink would be the only option for astral consumable. It's a good choice, if they're committed to the spleen is for strong potions thing.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
PVP season is numerology btw so make sure and break your stone and lose a dickload of fights.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

& It looks like I'm wrong, Mr. Item is in.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

President Ark posted:

they don't want spleen to just be a second stomach

I barely use spleen items in-run anyway but now I have 10000 twinkly wads that don't do anything I care about

In other news, as a weird video-game hoarder, interesting new IOTM mechanisms don't make up for the pain of seeing This item will disappear at the end of the day.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

MIYAZAKI: Oxycore was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

The PlexiQuipment was good once.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Technically the pikestaff is still good if rollover fights are your thing, and you're not ultra-rare rich.

Also, rip to anyone scripting HCCS runs. No blood drive stickers for you.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Manuel Calavera posted:

The PlexiQuipment was good once.

So was the star equipment, but those days are gonezo.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you remember Pre-NS13? Man, how long ago was that.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Thinking about it, I kind of don't mind removing it as a source of adventures, outside of making some of my off-season familiars totally useless. I think I might miss the actual adventures themselves though, so I wonder if they're gonna try and raise adventure gains by some other means.

Cicadalek fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 2, 2018

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Spleen items are universally garbage, though, is the problem. The stats are totally useless because of how many free fights you can get and the effects are almost always matched or beaten by potions, which don't have a cap.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I mean, there's stuff like stench jelly. They're trying.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Manuel Calavera posted:

~moxious memories~

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

The only thing left in standard that gave adv for spleen was astral after 2015 rotates & if they left it astral energy drink would be the only option for astral consumable. It's a good choice, if they're committed to the spleen is for strong potions thing.

So much for eking out a few more advs with wads.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Cicadalek posted:

Thinking about it, I kind of don't mind removing it as a source of adventures, outside of making some of my off-season familiars totally useless. I think I might miss the actual adventures themselves though, so I wonder if they're gonna try and raise adventure gains by some other means.

They aren't changing any old familiars, it's only for universally available stuff still in standard (so twinkly wads, astral energy drinks, etc)

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Manuel Calavera posted:

11 years ago!

Oh yeah, speaking of, back in the middle of Dec my account hit its 11th anniversary.
Finally a cute little sword and martini guy for me. :3:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

goferchan posted:

They aren't changing any old familiars, it's only for universally available stuff still in standard (so twinkly wads, astral energy drinks, etc)

rip my stash of gmob powder

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
Tammy and her elves appear to have packed up and left - taking the Cheer-o-Vend with them. Ditto mimes and the warehouse. Hopefully no one had cheer or keys they were sitting on!

(
[07:31] You have 4 crystalline cheer.
[07:31] You have 19 warehouse keys.
)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

sfwarlock posted:

Tammy and her elves appear to have packed up and left - taking the Cheer-o-Vend with them. Ditto mimes and the warehouse. Hopefully no one had cheer or keys they were sitting on!

(
)

whoops, I figured we'd get some warning

oh well

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wyoming posted:

11 years ago!

That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.

e - and I warned yall. :smuggo:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

you can still access the vending machine by typing "/go cheer" in the chat (doesn't always work if using the kolmafia relay, works fine on kol itself)

good luck with the worthless keys though

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

~moxious memories~

It took me a long-rear end time to find that part of the character profile. :blush:

And what was the class I chose after returning to the game? Seal Clubber. I guess I'm just drawn to dumb-and-simple.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Ooh are we posting old-rear end poo poo? I got some of that.

Imagine doing oxy-core without any IOTM or adventure giving spleen items back then. It was pretty drat slow. But on the bright side it only took about half an hour per day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

sfwarlock posted:

(
)

I had 998 cheer. :whitewater:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

/go cheer, buy one food or booze & consume it, /go cheer and buy a skill book.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The [exchange] link should be active next to cheer to open the shop for them too.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

tripwood posted:

Ooh are we posting old-rear end poo poo? I got some of that.

Imagine doing oxy-core without any IOTM or adventure giving spleen items back then. It was pretty drat slow. But on the bright side it only took about half an hour per day.

Hey, you had your cans of air!

Except for the first one and then the one after you did a teetotaller ascension for some reason.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Work Friend Keven posted:

/go cheer, buy one food or booze & consume it, /go cheer and buy a skill book.

Tylana posted:

The [exchange] link should be active next to cheer to open the shop for them too.

Cheers.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The warehouse keys now have a [remember] link that lets you redeem them. They also have a [discard] link so pay attention.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

IMJack posted:

The warehouse keys now have a [remember] link that lets you redeem them. They also have a [discard] link so pay attention.

Why the gently caress does anything still have a discard link.

EDIT:

A sign near Lyle's desk reads: "Monorail Rail Progress: 100.00%"

sfwarlock fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 4, 2018

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

sfwarlock posted:

EDIT:

A sign near Lyle's desk reads: "Monorail Rail Progress: 100.00%"

The novelty ticket you get if you worked on it at all is really, really nice!

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Hi, I haven't played this in 5 or 6 years but I'd like to get back into it. From clicking and reading various things, I think I sort of have a grasp on what things are relevant to my situation. I'm level 14 on a "hardcore avatar of boris" run and if I go to the council they tell me this:

quote:

You still have unfinished business with the Trapper, Adventurer.

The Highland Lord, Black Angus, still needs your help, Adventurer.

Any luck getting your father's diary and recovering the Holy MacGuffin? It's a pretty important whatchamacallit, so we'd appreciate it if you'd get on that right away.

Hey, have you managed to start the war on the Mysterious Island yet? If you can't get them sufficiently worked up, try assassinating Franz Ferdinand. Historically, that tends to work.

By the way, we're sick of all these disasters. Holes in the sky. Tentacle beasts trying to eat our town? We're going to do something about this, you just wait.

Is it worth continuing to try and finish this run, or should I just ditch it and start fresh so I can re-learn the game?

e: I think this is a link to my player profile

Read fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 5, 2018

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The quest tracker on the left panel/ the quest log in your campsite should give you pretty good guidance on where to go to beat appropriate quests. Avatar of Boris is a special ascension path where you play as a non-standard class. It's still possible to win and ascend, but a few of the quests may take a little longer as you can't equip some of the things to help.

On the other hand, other than some Karma, it probably doesn't give you anything new or useful, so if you have the option of just jumping to vahalla and restarting, just going back to a Standard Hardcore, and seeing the new stuff at an appropriate level and all that might be more fun?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Tylana posted:

The quest tracker on the left panel/ the quest log in your campsite should give you pretty good guidance on where to go to beat appropriate quests. Avatar of Boris is a special ascension path where you play as a non-standard class. It's still possible to win and ascend, but a few of the quests may take a little longer as you can't equip some of the things to help.

On the other hand, other than some Karma, it probably doesn't give you anything new or useful, so if you have the option of just jumping to vahalla and restarting, just going back to a Standard Hardcore, and seeing the new stuff at an appropriate level and all that might be more fun?

Hmm, fun sounds like it's where it's at. So I think I'll just do that then! I'm probably just going to confuse myself trying to play from the middle of this anyhow. Thanks :).

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

My last 2017 ascension is ending tomorrow, and with it my good buddy the Lil' Barrel Mimic. RIP free superhuman cocktails.

Any other powerful, relatively affordable familiars in standard? I've got about 9 million to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Weird it be weird/frowned on if I wanted to sell (for meat) a multi I've had since May '07 that's just been collecting dust? If anyone's interested, I can list the IOTM familiars/campground items/skills that I wouldn't be able to salvage off it.