Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah we did it once and never again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah, Christmas Day MK is not a thing I will ever consider in my sane mind, but god speed all you crazy wonderful people that are there.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

People come to me all the time for trips and truly surprised when I tell them that Christmas is to be avoided at Disney. People think no one travels to theme parks at Christmas. Rule of thumb is: If school is out, parks are crowded.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

People come to me all the time for trips and truly surprised when I tell them that Christmas is to be avoided at Disney. People think no one travels to theme parks at Christmas. Rule of thumb is: If school is out, parks are crowded.

At this point MK's a slog even through some of the lower end times of the year because of the bottlenecks at either entrance of fantasyland.

I had someone contact me about a trip yesterday asking if I could get them a package for NYE this year. If... if you wanna stay at the boardwalk for $900 a night...? I... maybe?

They got mad. I'm sorry disney wantin person but those rooms fill up fast :(

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

At this point MK's a slog even through some of the lower end times of the year because of the bottlenecks at either entrance of fantasyland.

I had someone contact me about a trip yesterday asking if I could get them a package for NYE this year. If... if you wanna stay at the boardwalk for $900 a night...? I... maybe?

They got mad. I'm sorry disney wantin person but those rooms fill up fast :(

Fun fact I learned on tour: the Fantasyland entrance between Peter Pan and Rapunzel's Tower of Toilets is the worst bottleneck in the entire park and possibly all of Disney World property.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No the worst bottleneck is the merge between the stretching room and the load platform for haunted mansion :negative:

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Remember when they had to park a cast members between Peter Pan Its a Small World to stop stroller parking in the area; was that job filled by drawing lots?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm having a brain fart; hows the crowds in Mid March?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Empress Brosephine posted:

Spring break season starts around then.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Is there an AP discount on park tickets? ie so I can bring a friend

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

BlueBayou posted:

Is there an AP discount on park tickets? ie so I can bring a friend

You don't get a discount on AP tickets because an AP is the discount. There's no AP discount for companions that I know of.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

No the worst bottleneck is the merge between the stretching room and the load platform for haunted mansion :negative:

This

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The first week of March isn’t too bad during the week. Once spring break starts it gets busy. Texas spring break starts the week of the 11th so I would expect crowds to pick up starting that week.

We went spring break 2016 and it was manageable with a solid touring plan and use of FP+. 2015 we went the last week of Feb into March and it was way less crowded. Kids got older and are in school now so I’ve got to visit on school holidays like everyone else now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Defeldus at gmail

(In response to the other thread)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

Defeldus at gmail

(In response to the other thread)

Just emailed you!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

You might not have heard unless you're a local or seriously part of the Disney World community, but Stacy Fulford (who played Mimi Kaboom in the Hollywood Studios streetmosphere and Helga the storyteller for Epcot's Holidays Around the World) committed suicide several days ago. In her honor, a pie toast was made at the Studios by her castmates.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn’t know she committed suicide. That’s even sadder :qq:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
And the mayor of Main Street also passed away last week. Sad times for the Disney fam.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Beachcomber posted:

It's been two years of wishing.

1. Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rum
2. Polynesian pearl
3. Water
4. Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rum (would have been an old kungaloosh, but they don't have the stuff)
5. Tahitian Torch (tasted gross to wife, I drank it) ((also, don't laugh and get this up your nose))
6. Water
7. Tropical Snowstorm (tasted gross to me, wife drank it)
8. Spiky pineapple
9. Polynesian pearl
10. Spiky Pineapple
11. Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rum

Too full of liquid to continue.

We need to get back to Disneyland Sam's so we can spend hours just chilling at the bar, talking to whoever sits near.

My wife once collapsed directly between DCA and Disneyland. That was a close one, but not as close as when she collapsed halfway across Harbor blvd. It was our first time drinking in a bar we really understood, and we went a bit overboard.

That's a lot of clams to drop at Sams, my dude. Also a lot of booze, considering their rum pours are pretty heavy.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
That sucks. I’m curious about the significance of the pie toast, but I’m glad they were able to honor her character.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Both the citizen and the person liked pies also liked hot sauce(one of the citizens brought a bottle in rememberance). My family were devastated when we heard the news. She would always like my nephew's and niece's Instagram photos of her character, would even ask where she was when my niece couldn't visit.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I never knew her, but several of my friends and acquaintances did. I found out very quickly from them.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I spent a lot of days in the Germany Pavilion last year and we shared a break trailer. She was wonderful and I had missed Helga this year.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I’m doing a few days at Disney and then going on a Royal Caribbean cruise right after. Any advice on transportation to take from Disney hotel to port? Will Disney’s transfer service work?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Most cruise lines have some kind of transportation / parking lot right out of Orlando

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Wife and I are going March 1st-3rd before our AP expires. Hoping to ride FoP and enjoy Flower and Garden. If we want to do Epcot/Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom on a Thursday-Saturday, what’s the best order to do it in? I imagine MK for Thursday since it’d be the least packed. Beyond that, not sure.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I love the Disney parks around here as much as the next person but,

https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/travel/disney-world-bonkers-busy-nye/?utm_campaign=hellogiggles&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

You couldn't pay me enough money to step foot within a few miles of Disney at this time, jesus.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

mattfl posted:

I love the Disney parks around here as much as the next person but,

https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/travel/disney-world-bonkers-busy-nye/?utm_campaign=hellogiggles&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

You couldn't pay me enough money to step foot within a few miles of Disney at this time, jesus.

I don't know how anyone can a) have a good time in those kinds of crowds, b) pay that much money to do that to themselves.

We were planning on a Thanksgiving week trip this year, but changed it to Columbus day week instead and will just take the kids out of school for a few days.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Aloha! So for the handful of folks that either work, or worked, at Disney or its verticals, what is the trick to getting any traction on a job app?

Long story short, I am pretty burned out on being a spokesman/publicist for sports. I want to aim for this: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/celebration/director-communications-and-public-affairs-disney-cruise-line/391/5813321

But I also see that it's been posted for the better part of 6 months.

If anyone has advice, I'm all ears. Or if you're a current cast member and can't out yourself because of the all-seeing eye of Disney HR, then DM me.

That said, my wife and I are about to do some resort-hopping for our fifth wedding anniversary. Going to stay three nights overall, but one at Wilderness Lodge, one at Poly and one at.. Old Key West, I think.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams
2 weeks until a 10 night stay at YC. So close but so far.

What's the best time to hit up Trader Sams? We have a day set aside for resort hopping and want to plan it so we're at the poly before it gets packed.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Fejsze posted:

2 weeks until a 10 night stay at YC. So close but so far.

What's the best time to hit up Trader Sams? We have a day set aside for resort hopping and want to plan it so we're at the poly before it gets packed.

We went around 3-3:30 in the afternoon and only had to wait like 10 or 15 minutes. Looking online it looks like it clears out about an hour before close as well.

I didn't like that they allowed kids in the bar though, they allow kids until 8PM and I just didn't care for it. It's small and loud in there. Fun place to grab a drink though.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Yeah, soooo, Disney is loving awesome.

Last trip we had an awful experience with DAS, at one point even having some douche working guest services at Epcot accuse my sister of faking her disability to try and cheat the system. It came drat close to ruining our trip, and on the last day I had 5 guest services folk listening to me rant at MK about how awful everyone we tried to talk to had been up to that point (this was very shortly after they 'revamped' the system due to the rampant abuse). We were put in touch with a VP from Guest Experiences Services, and detailed our experience in an email after returning home. We got a response apologizing for the issues we encountered, and were asked to contact her again before our next trip.

So, with our trip coming up, we sent an email before the holidays, and got to actually talk on the phone today, and, well, this happened:

3 free use fastpasses each day for the entire trip. I'm really blown away. This is a complete 180 to how dismissed we felt a few years ago, and it feels good to be heard.

We did ask about maybe getting a tour of the room in the castle, but apparently that's a no-go :-( however there will be a note at the Poly requesting that we're allowed to go check out the bungalows, which should be a fun treat. You'd also better believe I'm using all 3 extras on FOP each day we're at AK.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

That's awesome! I'm glad they were willing to do something for you. I had an iffy experience at Disney a couple of years ago and my strongly worded email got an "Eh, what can you do" response and that was very disappointing.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I went back in September with a bit of a....drama queen. She complained about every stupid little thing, and we wound up getting free fast passes for our entire group of 9 for three of our four park days.

Free fast passes own.

I mean, I'm never going to be the troublemaker, but it's nice having one in your party sometimes.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
You can't use those free passes for flights of passage though :argh:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

A bus driver shoved my old diabetic mom's cart really rough when she was trying to get off, snatched the handlebars out of her hand and rolled his eyes when she said she was sorry he had to help her.

A quiet little nearly 60 year old diabetic lady who was trying very hard to get out of the bus on one of the scooters- her first time ever on a scooter.

He's been sent back to the busses for cast members only I was told and we got fastpasses thrown at us. Mostly I just wanted to be allowed to punch the fucker in the face. Just one good pop.

We did make good use of the fastpasses though.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Renegret posted:

You can't use those free passes for flights of passage though :argh:

Nooooooooooooooooo

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Two offers for spring/summer came out yesterday.

Sun & Fun - Save up to 20% on rooms most nights from 2/18 - 4/14/18 (book thru 3/7/18), and 4/15 - 6/10/18 (book thru 4/7/18). Get an extra park day added when your package includes at least a 5 day park hopper or park hopper plus.

Free Meal offer - Get a free Quick Service meal for every night of your stay for all guests aged 3 and up when you book a non-discounted 5 night room and ticket package at a select Value resort. Dates are 5/29 - 8/25/18. Book thru 2/11/18. Offer excludes campsites and AoA - LM rooms. Kids 3-9 have to order from a kids menu if available.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

Two offers for spring/summer came out yesterday.

Sun & Fun - Save up to 20% on rooms most nights from 2/18 - 4/14/18 (book thru 3/7/18), and 4/15 - 6/10/18 (book thru 4/7/18).

disney just save the paper and let people book through 4/7/18 up til 6/10/18 it's -the same goddamned deal and the same drat time period-.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It wouldn't be a Disney deal unless it was needlessly convoluted.