Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Have any of you made out with a girl and felt guilty about it the next day

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Made out? No.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

piss tape israel posted:

Was she ugly or drunk

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

piss tape israel posted:

ive never kissd whats it liek

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Joey Freshwater posted:

Was she ugly or drunk
She was a little drunk. She's also an acquaintance of mine who recently moved back to Chicago from Colorado.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Am I late to archeology chat? Because I did a summer of fieldwork in Ireland and found a twelfth century coin on a beach.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

piss tape israel posted:

For some reason I get that feeling even though I haven't been in a committed relationship for like a year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

I'm seeing no passenger jet fatalities in 2017 googling it. So the distinction between prop planes may be the difference? Plus ignoring all those silly cargo plane deaths, military transports or jets, etc.

That or the report I'm reading is just flat out wrong.

FAA regulates all commercial aviation, including charters. No jet failures, correct, but several helo and prop crashes.

He’s taking credit for nothing. He had nothing to do with it. And ironically, dipshit has caused huge problems at PBIA forcing reroutes because of his constant need to travel to PB.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

piss tape israel posted:

She’ll get over it, don’t feel too bad. We all make mistakes.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

piss tape israel posted:

I'm a goon, what do you think?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

piss tape israel posted:

No because I'll take what I can get.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

piss tape israel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjGolrmbk9s

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

piss tape israel posted:

She was a little drunk. She's also an acquaintance of mine who recently moved back to Chicago from Colorado.

If she doesn't have a problem with it I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it's really bugging you, say something to her about it and go from there. If she hasn't brought it up or been acting any differently to you then I probably wouldn't give it much thought.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

lmao my grandma is pissed at me for using the internet to help her genealogy project. turns out she's none too good at verifying things

sorry nan, but we're not noble, just highlanders and canucks, apparently not that it means a loving thing when we've been in america for almost a century

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s taking credit for nothing.

For the record by the way I was not in any way implying he wasn't and thought that fact was pretty obvious, I was just trying to figure out what little news blurb an aide handed him or that he saw on Fox and Friends that made his brain think "wow, let me take credit for this!"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm late to the party but

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress you guys it’s my first day at work after a long vacation and now I’m fighting with MS Access and I want to loving die.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
First Day Back Update: loving hate my job and everyone associated with it. Going to punch someone through Skype.

"The developers will be high quality", they said. "They'll all share their knowledge so you won't have you retrain them", they said.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Realizing that you covered up mental health issues for over a decade by overworking yourself and forcing yourself to quit is uhhhh really really terrifying

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

186 posted:

First Day Back Update: loving hate my job and everyone associated with it. Going to punch someone through Skype.

"The developers will be high quality", they said. "They'll all share their knowledge so you won't have you retrain them", they said.

was it followed by "believe me" and the dual pointer finger/thumb ring gesture?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just found out that I have a balance of 61 hrs of PTO left from 2017 that they're rolling into 2018. I wound up with a total balance of 191 hours in 2017 because I had some roll over from 2016 too. I'm surprised they don't do the use it or lose it thing but I'm happy to know I'm starting out the year with a good bank of hours.

Sounds like I should be taking more time off.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've had two emails all day and my EVP is in here hanging out and bitching about Star Wars. Why am I even here.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

To tell your EVP Star Wars is real good.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm working on finding some indexes to tie contracts to that aren't going to be volatile over the next 5 years (lol) and also trying to write my year end review.

I'm also tired and want to go home.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Feels weird to be back at work, it took me a bit to get back into QA mode. Not liking how Bart decided to add 50 more cents to the fare.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
First day back rules. Nice and relaxing with just enough work to make the day go by fast.

New Peaky Blinders Season Spoilers

I wish more main characters were killed by the Italian squad. A lot of the main character arcs are finished and they're kind of just spinning wheels at this point. It really took the tension away that this super dangerous american mobster couldn't kill anybody. And even lost 3 dudes in a 6 v 1 lols.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Realizing that you covered up mental health issues for over a decade by overworking yourself and forcing yourself to quit is uhhhh really really terrifying

Existential uncertainty is pretty miserable in the short run, but you’ll be nothing but happy further down the road. I came up with every excuse in the book to avoid addressing my poo poo, but once I got help I gained a whole new appreciation for, well, everything. Who’d have thought that, even while still naturally being a miserable bastard, there’s definitely such thing as being too miserable.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I took a B vitamin to help with the sads. A+ recommend after a day like NYE.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

I took a B vitamin to help with the sads. A+ recommend after a day like NYE.

My girlfriend made me try this patch thing that's supposed to prevent/cure hangovers and I looked at the ingredients and it was just a shitload of B vitamins.

It didn't do poo poo.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I tried watching the first season of Peaky Blinders twice, and each time I got sorta disinterested after 3-4 episodes. It seems like Sons of Anarchy set in Oliver Twist times? And they just keep drinking and saying OI WE ARE THE PEAKY BLINDERS while rock music plays in the background. I heard Tom Hardy shows up and I'd love to see that but I can't get past these other characters

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

First day back rules. Nice and relaxing with just enough work to make the day go by fast.

New Peaky Blinders Season Spoilers

I wish more main characters were killed by the Italian squad. A lot of the main character arcs are finished and they're kind of just spinning wheels at this point. It really took the tension away that this super dangerous american mobster couldn't kill anybody. And even lost 3 dudes in a 6 v 1 lols.

New season of Peaky wasn't great other than Alfie.

WHY DID THEY KILL OFF THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just started watching Peaky Blinders and the younger of the brothers, the one that gets married off to the gypsy girl shows up in one of the new Black Mirror episodes.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I tried watching the first season of Peaky Blinders twice, and each time I got sorta disinterested after 3-4 episodes. It seems like Sons of Anarchy set in Oliver Twist times? And they just keep drinking and saying OI WE ARE THE PEAKY BLINDERS while rock music plays in the background. I heard Tom Hardy shows up and I'd love to see that but I can't get past these other characters

lol seriously in my head at least once a day I hear Arthur going THE PEAKY BLINDERS and I smile

Alfie (Tom Hardy) is the best part of the show. I believe he's introduced in season 2 about halfway through.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I just started watching Peaky Blinders and the younger of the brothers, the one that gets married off to the gypsy girl shows up in one of the new Black Mirror episodes.

Yeah! I think that was the best new Black Mirror btw.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anyone else just tired of Black Mirror? I watched the first 3 seasons last year and really liked them but now I'm like, ok, I get it. Technology run amok is bad. Thank you.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Yeah! I think that was the best new Black Mirror btw.

I've only watched that one and Arkangel, which wasn't as good. I was confused about the ending of Hang The DJ:

I'm so used to the episodes having negative endings I saw it as what we watched not being a real thing, just a simulation - proven by the 99.8% stuff. My gf thinks it's a happy ending because they 'end up' together at the end, but I think the two we see at the end are just another simulation, so not real. I also can't figure out the point of the whole episode. Like it was a fun story but when it got to the end I guess I either missed something or just didn't get it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone else just tired of Black Mirror? I watched the first 3 seasons last year and really liked them but now I'm like, ok, I get it. Technology run amok is bad. Thank you.

Sort of. That's why I liked episode 4.

the technology actually worked for them :unsmith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've only watched that one and Arkangel, which wasn't as good. I was confused about the ending of Hang The DJ:

I'm so used to the episodes having negative endings I saw it as what we watched not being a real thing, just a simulation - proven by the 99.8% stuff. My gf thinks it's a happy ending because they 'end up' together at the end, but I think the two we see at the end are just another simulation, so not real. I also can't figure out the point of the whole episode. Like it was a fun story but when it got to the end I guess I either missed something or just didn't get it.

I'm pretty sure it was a change of pace and the technology worked in their favor for once. But I may need to rewatch it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Crosspost from TVIV, but in wake of thr Logan Paul stuff:

Oh this whole thing reminds me, Do You Want to See a Dead Body? is really funny. Its on YouTube Red, but half the episodes are available for free. Its Rob Heubel taking friends on a trip to see a dead body. As expected, Terry Crews is a delight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

I'm pretty sure it was a change of pace and the technology worked in their favor for once. But I may need to rewatch it.

I went and looked after I posted and you're right

http://collider.com/black-mirror-hang-the-dj-ending-explained/#charlie-brooker

Major Black Mirror spoilers no clicky

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Go watch the Hang The DJ episode. Or if you're still reeling from the relationship stuff maybe don't. Without giving away too much it's about 'digital' dating

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 2, 2018