Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

GoldfishStew posted:

Ah ok so the goalposts went from what credentials to I don’t like that guy

Seth you don't need to post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

GoldfishStew posted:

No, they were always at "Seth Abramson is a raving moron that nobody should listen to or read"

His twitter feed for the last year can be summed up with the sound of a wet fart.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

GoldfishStew posted:

You do realize you can still read Seth Abramson's tweets and enjoy them however you like even if this thread doesn't agree with you?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GoldfishStew posted:

Fine, I'll ask.

Why are you loving real dolls?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

So he was a criminal defense attorney for 8 years, and he's been on the BBC three times. This doesn't make him an investigative journalist.

Don't get me wrong, I follow him and even dive into his threads once in awhile (note it is never for long and usually results in chortles). But I can't stoop to the level of the Right and obsessively follow/believe borderline conspiracies, it's entirely hypocritical.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It should really be a bigger story that Thad Cochran, who clearly has severe dementia or Alzheimer’s, is that close to the Presidency

Like he is clearly not capable of serving in his current office and that is bad enough, but considering we have no way to know that both Trump and Pence are safe from the Mueller investigation, this is absolutely an issue now.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
I just think it’s disingenuous to compare him to gArland and Louise, that’s all.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Boon posted:

Fine, I'll ask.

Why are you loving real dolls?

Goldfishstew posted:

Oh no it's a real real doll, lol. My girlfriend got it for me when she left to go teach English in Kyoto for a 3 year contract as a going away present. That Wonder Woman honestly looks almost as life like.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

GoldfishStew posted:

I just think it’s disingenuous to compare him to gArland and Louise, that’s all.

It isn't. They are of the same caliber of journalist, same caliber of accuracy, same caliber of fact checking, and same caliber of idiot.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

ekeog posted:

Maybe you missed the indictments of his campaign manager and his campaign manager's top assistant, and also guilty pleas from his national security advisor and a campaign national security advisor.

Which changed nothing and only made him more aggressive in ruining your country as fast as he can.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

GoldfishStew posted:

Post some of his good, hard work

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kawabata posted:

Which changed nothing and only made him more aggressive in ruining your country as fast as he can.

*citation needed

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

FlamingLiberal posted:

It should really be a bigger story that Thad Cochran, who clearly has severe dementia or Alzheimer’s, is that close to the Presidency

Like he is clearly not capable of serving in his current office and that is bad enough, but considering we have no way to know that both Trump and Pence are safe from the Mueller investigation, this is absolutely an issue now.

Strom Thurmond, 98-year old racist vegetable, was Pro Tempore on 9/11.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

*citation needed

lol

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

FlamingLiberal posted:

They’ll just assign the same flavor of handlers giving Trump his judicial picks, thus assuring the executive earnestly heeds the democratic will of the Republican Party.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Seth Abramson is listed on Google as an "American Poet"...don't know if that is better or worse than Hannity's "American Author."

Note the lack of "journalist" in there.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

withak posted:

Flying planes for a living is ok, it is owning a plane that earns you the guillotine.

Reminder that Trump's brother was a pilot and was mocked by Trump, who asked "what's the difference between you and someone who drives a bus?"

First time I read that I thought it was a lovely, small thing that an insecure person would say to someone they're jealous of. Now I think Trump genuinely didn't know the answer.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

We need a constant stream of Trump tweets to prevent derailment deaths in this thread.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

We need a constant stream of Trump tweets to prevent derailment deaths in this thread.

Just live post all seth abramson tweets so there is constant useless noise related to Trump instead of constant useless noise related to other posters.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Honestly I'll do anything to prevent another HENRY chat.

Anything.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
sounds like time to talk about Elon Musk and rockets if you ask me

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The President pro tempore is elected by simple vote of the Senate and can be changed at any time at the Senate's pleasure. It's expected that, in the unlikely event that a simultaneous accident were to befall the President, Vice president, and Speaker of the House all at once, or before the Senate voted to impeach all three members preceding the President pro tempore in the line of succession, the Senate would meet to elect someone other than their oldest member before that person could actually be sworn in as president.

Until that time the office is a largely meaningless* ceremonial position awarded based on seniority.

*The President pro tempore's annual salary is $19,000 per year more than that of other Senators. They also receive as many trips as they like to the candy desk of their respective party.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 2, 2018

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

Anything.

https://twitter.com/sjdemas/status/948298389325799425

How do you make it embed the quoted tweet as well?

https://twitter.com/rebeccagberg/status/948273148440535040

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

enraged_camel posted:

Anything.

Nothing will prevent them. The best we can do is set aside a specific 3 hour window every week dedicated to it to limit the damage.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

Anything.

Let's talk about the ethics of tipping your wait staff. :v:

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Seth is good trump is bad not sure what’s so hard to understand tbh

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status/948279974288678919

well poo poo.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

poo poo I can't remember how many times I got to watch a sporting event while flying JetBlue on one of those seatback TVs in economy, it was so enjoyable watching TV in the skies I felt like I was in the future, especially live cable TV rather than a selection of movies

They're switching over to inflight wifi now so you need a tablet or a tiny laptop, cause a normal sized one just doesn't fit on economy trays. At least in the old days when they had the CRTs hanging over head every few rows you could have some entertainment if you didn't happen to have a certain gadget. Let me tell you how boring an 8 hour flight is without anything to do.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

GoldfishStew posted:

what has seth done to make him good?

DiggityDoink posted:

They're switching over to inflight wifi now so you need a tablet or a tiny laptop, cause a normal sized one just doesn't fit on economy trays. At least in the old days when they had the CRTs hanging over head every few rows you could have some entertainment if you didn't happen to have a certain gadget. Let me tell you how boring an 8 hour flight is without anything to do.

that's when you bring a book

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

FizFashizzle posted:

Trump probably believes Romney is going to primary him.

Mittens could absolutely get enough senators to support him with half a year or so working besides them.

Its hard to imagine something sadder than the GOP trying to run Romney again.

Insert your own Hillary joke if you feel like it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Don't worry. Huckabee makes poo poo up and never actually follows through on anything she says will be announced later. Its just her go to deflection when a reporter asks a question about something Trump said. She neither wants to disagree with the President nor has anything to back him up so she just tells you to ask someone else or wait.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

GoldfishStew posted:

Ceteris paribus doesn't apply in politics. This isn't a liberal circular firing squad. It just doesn't help to get too involved in tweets that are honestly nothing more than conjecture.

We all have our own anti-trump fantasies, that doesn't lend them any credibility.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

what has seth done to make him good?

I didn't know they had switched over before I got on the flight, I was expecting the seatback poo poo. I had my phone with some music on it but not enough to last the whole time.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Riptor posted:

Love the idea of Mitt "loving" Romney being held up as some sort of paragon of integrity ITT

Yeah let's not forget that Romney used a dead goon's still-warm corpse as an avenue of attack against Obama, and used it to peddle the huge lie that the President and SoS cackled evilly as Americans were murdered.

Romney is a piece of poo poo and if I could somehow get away with breaking his loving legs with a crowbar, I would do it with a smile on my face.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Trabisnikof posted:

It's actually when you down some sleeping pills and catch some Z's until landing.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DiggityDoink posted:

I didn't know they had switched over before I got on the flight, I was expecting the seatback poo poo. I had my phone with some music on it but not enough to last the whole time.

oh that's a bummer because then you also have to start worrying about your phone battery level, or else your left with no entertainment at all by using too much battery time.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Happy new year Trump thread, here’s a funny anecdote

https://twitter.com/stevesilberman/status/948298800178774016

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Unzip and Attack posted:

Yeah let's not forget that Romney used a dead goon's still-warm corpse as an avenue of attack against Obama, and used it to peddle the huge lie that the President and SoS cackled evilly as Americans were murdered.

Romney is a piece of poo poo and if I could somehow get away with breaking his loving legs with a crowbar, I would do it with a smile on my face.

When I think about Vilerat (and we all should) it makes me want to not for a loving second give an inch to Republicans on anything ever, in his memory alone.

Zisky fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 2, 2018

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Internet Kraken posted:

Its hard to imagine something sadder than the GOP trying to run Romney again.

Insert your own Hillary joke if you feel like it

Though it does raise the question, does the GOP have their own Hillary?

Jeb! hits a lot of the marks but nobody cared half as much for half as long about him. Romney also is a candidate but the opposition never saw him getting office as a catastrophic scenario, just a lovely one. Newt has a certain allure for the role as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Happy new year Trump thread, here’s a funny anecdote

https://twitter.com/stevesilberman/status/948298800178774016

Wait, wasn't that their campaign lawyer?

• Locked thread