Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Angry Lobster posted:

Oh boy, you're in for a treat, Season 2 is superb.

It'll take a while for me to get round to that one, only got season 1 and 2 isn't out in the uk but having watched the trailer I can't wait :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Season 2 blu ray drops 8/22. Bruce is also doing a new book tour late summer: http://www.bruce-campbell.com/booktour

Vakal
May 11, 2008

bathhouse posted:

Season 2 blu ray drops 8/22. Bruce is also doing a new book tour late summer: http://www.bruce-campbell.com/booktour
Should be an interesting read. If Chins Could Kill was a fun book to read but it only covered up to the end of his time on Hercules and Xena.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Vakal posted:

Should be an interesting read. If Chins Could Kill was a fun book to read but it only covered up to the end of his time on Hercules and Xena.

I'm excited, got my VIP tickets to meet him, sign the book, then watch Evil Dead with him. :D

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Vakal posted:

Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way is alright too, it has some funny bits but it suffers from being fiction partly because his real life in If Chins Could Kill is way more entertaining and partly because halfway through he abandons any pretense at believability and veers into wacky cartoon land so you have him doing green-screen kung fu with Richard Gere and having car chases with eco terrorists and getting shot during a duel after impersonating a southern gentleman.

The audiobook is great because he reads and acts it out himself as a sort of pseudo radio play, even if a lot of the celebrity guest appearances in it are just the same guy who does all the other stock character voices doing really bad impressions.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Medullah posted:

I'm excited, got my VIP tickets to meet him, sign the book, then watch Evil Dead with him. :D

Pro tip, his popcorn has a surprise in it.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i had forgotten how insane season 2 gets

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

iHorror is doing a AvED merch and Chins 2 giveaway: http://ihorror.com/hail-to-the-chin-contest/

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

S3 premiers 2/25, sucks having to wait that long! Sounds like lots of fun is happening at NYCC this weekend. Probably a trailer drop as well.

I really want one of these pins. Brandy must be Ash's daughter?

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Sucks that it won't be here for Halloween, I enjoyed having that to look forward to the last two years.

Has there been any word as to why it took so long?

Bruteman fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 5, 2017

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Bruteman posted:

Sucks that it won't be here for Halloween, I enjoyed having that to look forward to the last two years.

Has there beem any word as to why it took so long?

Sounds like it was purely Starz decision to try and get it in a "cleaner" slot. Filming wrapped up in June.

http://screenrant.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-delayed-2018-premiere/

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

Bruce has been saying it might be due to Lionsgate buying Starz. Also rumblings that they didn't want to compete with Stranger Things and Walking Dead premiers.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. Just glad they got the show filmed.

And here's an article about the season 3 announcement

Synopsis from the article: "Ash’s status in Elk Grove, MI, has changed from murderous urban legend to humanity-saving hometown hero. When Kelly witnesses a televised massacre with Ruby’s fingerprints all over it, she returns with a new friend to warn Ash and Pablo that evil isn’t done with them yet."

Bruteman fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 5, 2017

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

Happy Halloween you primitive screwheads!

https://twitter.com/AshvsEvilDead/status/925378827949285376

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Haha it looks like they're just going to ignore last season's ending, doesn't it?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Groovy! Such a triumphant show.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Bruteman posted:

Haha it looks like they're just going to ignore last season's ending, doesn't it?

It certainly seemed dreamlike enough to just dismiss.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007
People who went to NYCC panel got to see the first episode of season 3. I've heard from a reliable source that it was "Groovy".

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I hope so, all that talk about show runners being replaced and all left me sort of worried.

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
I don't watch this show but my good buddy is this Dalton guy. Hope he doesn't suck!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Ash, my body is ready, bring it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I literally don't remember how last season ended.

Which gives me an awesome excuse to rewatch it!

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

STAC Goat posted:

I literally don't remember how last season ended.

Which gives me an awesome excuse to rewatch it!

As Ash has proven, gaps in memory and functionality actually increase enjoyment!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

As Ash has proven, gaps in memory and functionality actually increase enjoyment!

I don't remember him saying that, but I like it!

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

First two seasons just got added to Netflix.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Bruteman posted:

First two seasons just got added to Netflix.

And they are glorious.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I just binged the second season. So they changed the past so that none of the events of the movies happened, but everybody in the present still remembers events as they were?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Who the gently caress knows? There was a bunch of behind the scenes story drama.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man I need Season 3 of this good show in my life already. :smith:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GreenNight posted:

Who the gently caress knows? There was a bunch of behind the scenes story drama.

The last episode got butchered. Everything was fine until that.

Whatever you think of the planned Kelly twist I am really unhappy that Tapert kicked out the show runner and have my doubts the show will have the same edge now. I feel like Raimi or somebody should have stepped in and arbitrated to right the ship.

That said this isn't really a "gently caress YOU!" kind of firing, like the poo poo AMC pulls. This was very much a disagreement out of love for the franchise, in the end, so even if it was the wrong decision it's one I can't get too mad about. Tapert IS doing what he thinks is best for Evil Dead and it's not like he doesn't have some reason to be protective of it.

Bruteman posted:

There was so much wrong with last season's ending that I absolutely can buy it was an illusion or some poo poo like we've seen before.

I mean freaking force ghosts. Everything wrapped up with a bow on it. He changed time, yet everyone in time is throwing him a party..... the fact Ash is getting a party at all..

The whole thing is very plausible as Ash wish fulfillment mind fuckery.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 31, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bathhouse posted:

Bruce has been saying it might be due to Lionsgate buying Starz. Also rumblings that they didn't want to compete with Stranger Things and Walking Dead premiers.

They shouldn't have been worried about Walking Dead, holy fuckballs that show is in the toilet. A broken toilet overflowing with bum poo poo.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rewatching this glorious series and I forgot that this whole thing kicked off because Ash got high on pills and read from the Necronomicon to impress a girl

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Doltos posted:

Rewatching this glorious series and I forgot that this whole thing kicked off because Ash got high on pills and read from the Necronomicon to impress a girl

Marijuana, I think it was, not pills.

There still appears to be some threat to a fourth season, I think. The Kelly actor was pushing some campaign on Facebook about something happening to Starz - presumably if something happens to Starz, a new season isn't so likely.

Also, the guy who left/got kicked was against the "Not the butt!" scene, I think, so he deserved to go. :colbert:

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

LashLightning posted:

Also, the guy who left/got kicked was against the "Not the butt!" scene, I think, so he deserved to go. :colbert:

No, it was Tapert that was against it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Flatscan posted:

No, it was Tapert that was against it.

Exactly. Tapert is the anti-fun guy. He thinks the show should be like the first movie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

LashLightning posted:

There still appears to be some threat to a fourth season, I think. The Kelly actor was pushing some campaign on Facebook about something happening to Starz - presumably if something happens to Starz, a new season isn't so likely.

I know Starz just suddenly disappeared from my cable in 2018. I'd be real, real mad about that and it keeping me from Ash but I've been conditioned over the years to assume this will resolve with an increase in my cable bill in a matter of weeks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LashLightning posted:

Marijuana, I think it was, not pills.

Nope there were pills in that bag of weed too. Ash was clearly hosed up on something more than a doobie.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Doltos posted:

Nope there were pills in that bag of weed too. Ash was clearly hosed up on something more than a doobie.

I don't know, it's funnier if Ash is such a lightweight that a toke on a joint is enough to get him to read from the book

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nah. If that's all it took Ash would've read from it decades before. Unless it just took him that long to get a woman to come back to his trailer who he wasn't paying.

Ash gets hosed up on the reg. He just had a particularly harsh combination that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think we established last season that Ash has a pretty high tolerance for substance abuse. He's not a lightweight, he's just a horny fool.

• Locked thread