Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
Are they still making this show?

That is my answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Milo and POTUS posted:

that was a joke. it may not be a particularly funny one but it's obviously a joke. goddamn. we really do toss the sperg word around sometimes but some of you might actually be autists.

oh, well okay.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

WampaLord posted:

FOX is network TV, it's literally free if you have an antenna.

Ah, I never had TV as a kid and am not from the US so now that makes sense.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fried Watermelon posted:

Ah, I never had TV as a kid and am not from the US so now that makes sense.

Your point about having to watch ads is still accurate, though, and it is a very silly stance for the writers to take.

I just had to be technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

WampaLord posted:

Your point about having to watch ads is still accurate, though, and it is a very silly stance for the writers to take.

I just had to be technically correct, the best kind of correct.

To be fair, kids these days probably don't know what an antenna is

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Do you think they closed down all of the schools for ANTS??

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Iron Crowned posted:

Homer selling his soul to get cable must be incomprehensible to a modern audience

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Iron Crowned posted:

I know more people using antennas now (for free digital tv signals) than I did in childhood.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Ed Sheeran guest stars this Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdY3XDGtVnk

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I pray for death

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
no ed no

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I wikied him, and I still don't know who that is supposed to be.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The inhuman monster character designs from the earlier seasons were more recognizable celebrity caricatures than these bland paint by number ones

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Data Graham posted:

The inhuman monster character designs from the earlier seasons were more recognizable celebrity caricatures than these bland paint by number ones

He's got orange hair! What more do you want?

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

THE BAR posted:

I wikied him, and I still don't know who that is supposed to be.

outoftouchgoon.txt

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i can't stop watching steamed hams videos. I think this is the best one yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX6iZKWO0Ug

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Jose posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The latest one had a La-La Land opening traffic jam song. Lisa gets "intellectually drunk" at a STEM conference and acts actually drunk. Ed Shereen starts going to Springfield Elementary and Bart learns chemistry for prank reasons. Shereen sings blandly several times. He and Nelson vie for Lisa's affections, and Nelson sings way too much of "My Funny Valentine." Willy gives Lisa advice based on Scottish history. Ralph shows up with his dad's gun to break up a fight between Shereen and Nelson. There's a postscript where they say the episode was supposed to be a Moonlight parody instead of a La-La Land parody, even though it didn't seem to be a La-La Land parody at all.

I didn't laugh once. 0/10 stars.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

PostNouveau posted:

Lisa gets "intellectually drunk" at a STEM conference and acts actually drunk.

this was the weirdest, least funny thing i've ever seen in a simpsons episode

quote:

Willy gives Lisa advice based on Scottish history.

i thought he was at least going to mention north kilttown

quote:

I didn't laugh once. 0/10 stars.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
New one:

Mr Burns gets frightened by a documentary on Nostradamus and thinks the world is ending. He enlists the Mensa club to determine who gets to go on the Doomsday Ark he's building. Frink invents a test to gauge someone's worth, and he sings a loving song to explain it.

Frink goes through the files and one of them is labeled "Smithers, Waylon, soon to be Wanda".

Homer scores the lowest. So Marge endeavors to improve him, starting with his hand-writing. There's a Mr. Magoo sequence where Lisa follows Ralph through a construction site trying to figure out how he scored higher than her.

The lady who does Marge's voice sounds like she could die at any moment.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

PostNouveau posted:

watch out i pointed this out months ago and got attacked for it for some weird reason

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Riptor posted:

watch out i pointed this out months ago and got attacked for it for some weird reason

I'm sorry that happened to you

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't watched the Simpsons in like 15 years. Has bart gotten into R/Redpill or R/incel or has Lisa made a feminist gaming vlog yet?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

veni veni veni posted:

I haven't watched the Simpsons in like 15 years. Has bart gotten into R/Redpill or R/incel or has Lisa made a feminist gaming vlog yet?

That stuff is too recent for modern Simpsons. Maybe in another 3 or 4 years.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PostNouveau posted:

New one:

Mr Burns gets frightened by a documentary on Nostradamus and thinks the world is ending. He enlists the Mensa club to determine who gets to go on the Doomsday Ark he's building. Frink invents a test to gauge someone's worth, and he sings a loving song to explain it.

Frink goes through the files and one of them is labeled "Smithers, Waylon, soon to be Wanda".

Homer scores the lowest. So Marge endeavors to improve him, starting with his hand-writing. There's a Mr. Magoo sequence where Lisa follows Ralph through a construction site trying to figure out how he scored higher than her.

its really bad

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

New one:

lol if that’s real and the progressive Simpsons is implying gay men want to become women. Straight from South Park.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

veni veni veni posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNg5J7MXgA4

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Holy poo poo could this BE anymore terrible

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

MageMage posted:

Holy poo poo could this BE anymore terrible

i mean with your history there's absolutely no way you would find cum town funny at all

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:lol: wouldn't being punched in the face be more enjoyable than watching new episodes of the Simpsons?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: wouldn't being punched in the face be more enjoyable than watching new episodes of the Simpsons?

Last season was OK, but this season is like getting kicked in the nuts each week.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

Last season was OK, but this season is like getting kicked in the nuts each week.

Why do you hate yourself that much?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

PostNouveau posted:

New one:

Jesus H. Christ I thought this was a made up one but there it is on my TV..

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

Why do you hate yourself that much?

I dunno, it's only 30 minutes a week, and they have good ones every so often. I watched the Simpsons religiously as a kid; it seems so wrong to have a new episode and not watch it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jose posted:

drat that's amazing.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jose posted:

welp made it about a minute before having to pause before laughing myself unconscious

Superintendent... BUTT MAN

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Surprised there isn't a god dang Bitcoin episode yet

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

I dunno, it's only 30 minutes a week, and they have good ones every so often. I watched the Simpsons religiously as a kid; it seems so wrong to have a new episode and not watch it.

You are why the Simpsons will never die SMDH

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Detective No. 27 posted:

Surprised there isn't a god dang Bitcoin episode yet

Mitcoin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Give it about 2 years when no one cares again.