Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Mummy Xzibit posted:

When I think about Vilerat (and we all should) it makes me want to not for a loving second give an inch to Republicans on anything ever, in his memory alone.

Right there with you. My transition from "guy who likes to think he's a centrist that leans Dem" to full on, gently caress Republicans forever, was crystallized in that moment. I remember seeing the famous picture of him walking away from the press conference smiling and it still makes me just as angry now as it did then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Mummy Xzibit posted:

It just doesn't help to get too involved in tweets

Pared for clarity.

Carlosologist posted:

Happy new year Trump thread, here’s a funny anecdote

https://twitter.com/stevesilberman/status/948298800178774016

Heheh.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

GoldfishStew posted:

Seth is good trump is bad not sure what’s so hard to understand tbh

Why can't they both be bad in different ways and scopes?

Do you seriously live in a world of black and white with no nuance to anything?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I always read "Vilerat" in my head as some sort of pseudo-frenchy word (vill-eh-RAHT) and when I found out it was just Vile Rat I laughed

anyway :rip:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Riptor posted:

I always read "Vilerat" in my head as some sort of pseudo-frenchy word (vill-eh-RAHT) and when I found out it was just Vile Rat I laughed

anyway :rip:

This era is going to make future history very weird from the prevalence in the news of self-chosen internet handles.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/944319440946122753?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Bhaal posted:

Though it does raise the question, does the GOP have their own Hillary?

Jeb! hits a lot of the marks but nobody cared half as much for half as long about him. Romney also is a candidate but the opposition never saw him getting office as a catastrophic scenario, just a lovely one. Newt has a certain allure for the role as well.
The last several GOP candidates before Trump were all sorta "his turn" candidates. McCain definitely, Romney had established himself beforehand, and JEB was supposed to be the new version of that but it didn't go well.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/DevlinBarrett/status/948301856228478976

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

haveblue posted:

This era is going to make future history very weird from the prevalence in the news of self-chosen internet handles.

No weirder than Deep Throat really.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

khy posted:

They somehow can't see that if every individual policy is a bad thing, that they add up to a bad total. Instead they think "Well just that one part of their platform is bad but on the whole they're good!" and I cannot understand why.
(It's the racism :ssh: )

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Why can't they both be bad in different ways and scopes?

Do you seriously live in a world of black and white with no nuance to anything?

Yeah I believe in nuance which is why I said grouping Seth with garland and Louise is bad

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

GoldfishStew posted:

Yeah I believe in nuance which is why I said grouping Seth with garland and Louise is bad

That's not being nuanced, that's being gullible and lacking critical thought.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

haveblue posted:

or will future historians just have to constantly remind their audience that "back then" people didn't get to pick their handles, instead the one part was assigned by their parents (see ch. 3 for more info) at birth (ch. 4) and the rest assigned based on a social/hereditary system.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Has anything Abramson has put out been correct/new before he came out with it? Does he just post theories about what's going on?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

Has anything Abramson has put out been correct/new before he came out with it? Does he just post theories about what's going on?

No, and he posts theories the same way glenn beck asks questions.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

he literally does the exact same thing as the other conspiracy twitter people

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Doug Jones appointed African American Dana Gresham as his chief of staff, I believe the only Democratic senator currently to do that.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

He can try to invade Pakistan and try to claim its Iran but I don't think he actually has the balls to do so. Trump is basically a toothless yappy dog that cowers when anything bigger than a foot approaches him.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

It's a private plane. My passengers are the ones you want, I swear!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
God, I remember a coworker of mine bringing up sean smith as an American conservative hero, and I just lost it at him. The poo poo people were parroting from garbage Facebook memes about the victims in benghazi and blaming Obama or Hillary any democrat for it at the time (or still, really), just purge them all

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Wait, wasn't that their campaign lawyer?

No, even funnier. He was a lawyer defending Roy Moore's son from a drug charge.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Google Butt posted:

he literally does the exact same thing as the other conspiracy twitter people

I haven't read a lot of Seth's stuff but I thought his was more "doing x could be considered to be obstruction because of reason y" and less "MARSHALL OF THE SUPREME COURT"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Deuce posted:

It's a private plane. My passengers are the ones you want, I swear!

I’m guessing the joke is that no one who flies plane as a job is rich, unless they were rich to start with (in which case they’re less rich now!)

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
His name is on it three times on just one side, plus a fourth time on the on the other side. His campaign slogan is on both sides as well.

You know someone must have showed him a design with his name on in just one place, and he sent it back three times until it was Trumpy enough for him to approve.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/814973596338704384

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/814675254039769088

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/810964251024257024

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/810956764183199744

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/810520846330695680

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Bhaal posted:

Jeb! hits a lot of the marks but nobody cared half as much for half as long about him. Romney also is a candidate but the opposition never saw him getting office as a catastrophic scenario, just a lovely one. Newt has a certain allure for the role as well.

Cruz maybe?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

That still comes off as someone who has stupid ideas / has watched too much House of Cards rather than someone who is literally insane like Mensch

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Al Franken officially resigned from the Senate today

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bhaal posted:

Donald J. Trump.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Riptor posted:

That still comes off as someone who has stupid ideas / has watched too much House of Cards rather than someone who is literally insane like Mensch

So why should he be listened to again? Because he's just stupid instead of insane? Is this how low the bar is to be called a journalist these days?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Rigel posted:

Al Franken officially resigned from the Senate today

WaPo - Acts of Faith - Michele Bachmann tells televangelist she might run for Al Franken’s Senate seat

Coooool.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Doug Jones appointed African American Dana Gresham as his chief of staff, I believe the only Democratic senator currently to do that.

Considering that black people are the cornerstone of the Democratic party, it's pretty remarkable that out of 49 Democratic senators, only one has a black chief of staff.

Also, how the hell are there only 3 black senators? And one of them is Tim Scott?? I was expecting there to be like 5 or 6 at the very least, sheesh.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

So why should he be listened to again? Because he's just stupid instead of insane? Is this how low the bar is to be called a journalist these days?

Not saying he should, nor am I saying he's a journalist. Was responding to the person who said he's literally the same as Mensch

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Is the thread done reminiscing about Laughable Xhosa Girl?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meet the next Arkansas Gov

Remember story about a gun range owner said the range was "muslim free zone" and that they will not "train the next ISIS fighter"

that is the owner

https://janmorganforgovernor.com/policy-platform/

Her views on Crime

quote:

prioritizing funding for our prisons, courts, and law enforcement over welfare programs and non-essential functions of government.  

https://twitter.com/JanMorgan_/status/947724150285709312?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GoldfishStew posted:

Wasn't someone in here recently going "why would you group Ben Garland with Seth Abrahmson and Louise Mensch"?

They're all cut from the same cloth, and no one should be reading their tweets, when they could follow actual journalists instead.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Riptor posted:

Not saying he should, nor am I saying he's a journalist. Was responding to the person who said he's literally the same as Mensch

I'm that person. You have yet to show how they are different.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GoldfishStew posted:

Seth is good trump is bad not sure what’s so hard to understand tbh

the first bit

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Meet the next Arkansas Gov

Remember story about a gun range owner said the range was "muslim free zone" and that they will not "train the next ISIS fighter"

that is the owner

https://janmorganforgovernor.com/policy-platform/

Her views on Crime

https://twitter.com/JanMorgan_/status/947724150285709312?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

Arkansas ain't stupid enough and Boozeman is too much of a business friendly moderate republican to get voted out by anyone that cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bhaal posted:

none of their candidates have had twenty five years of baseless hatemongering pointed at them so no

• Locked thread