Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
I finally died to my first obvious hacker, In NA FPP no less, this was after about a hundred games since 1.0. While I did not take the time to save the replay or a video, when watching the death camera it was blatantly obvious. The guy acquired me as a target after spinning 120 degrees, across about 300m of open field, while i was mostly obscured by some metal beams (he ended up shooting me between a set of iron girders). While I am clearly visible after he ADS with his 8x, the fact that he stopped out of a sprint and snapped to me so fast and perfectly centered was really telling. But the coup de grace was the way he fired his mini-14 by smashing the fire button literally as fast as the thing would fire, with his cross-hair perfectly resetting to the same spot between each shot. The movement was super inhuman moving perfectly up and down in a strait line.

When I died I was confused how someone had snuck up so close behind me, because the shots were so rapid fire I figured there was no way it was someone sniping me from range.

As pissed as I was about this obvious no life hacker, I still blame myself for dying, I put myself into a bad position where a non-cheating player likely would have been able to kill me anyway, just from a slightly different shooting position where they would have had a chance of spotting me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

can someone make that kowloon walled city map because i only get kills at distances where bullets are still hitscan thank you.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

can someone make that kowloon walled city map because i only get kills at distances where bullets are still hitscan thank you.

They will never do this, thankfully.

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This being the most most popular game with edgy gamers makes it really easy to believe that no one playing this can admit to being bad.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

They will never do this, thankfully.

an odd choice of words.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
If you're playing pubg and you don't care about winning or doing well beyond getting one or two sneaky kills early in the game then I can see how most of the hacks we came across while we were still playing TPP wouldn't have mattered to you.

Hacking, at least on OC, ruined the game for us because you'd spend 25+ minutes playing and then the whole squad would be wiped by someone named zidai_20128309148. That's not fun, that sucks. And it would happen virtually every game. But, if you're dying earlier (like in the top 50) maybe you wouldn't be running into these guys, which was probably loving us because we maintained a top 10 rate of 57% in season 5 according to pubgtracker.

We play pubg to have fun but killing dudes and getting dinners is fun to us and hackers ruin that. It's like, you don't have to win at chess to enjoy it, but it gets pretty bad when your opponent flips the board at random intervals every game.

We're not the kinda guys that yell hacks every time we die, we've played oodles of FPP games since we ditched TPP and we've called hacks exactly once (and it was very obvious 360-degee noscope bullshit). And we're loving the game even more in FPP anyway!

I'm obviously not going to convince you guys about how bad it is, and no one wants to play with me to see for real (which is fair as it's gotta be on OC), but please, I'm beggin ya boys don't downplay this poo poo because you really, really, really don't want all these guys to migrate to FPP or the other regions.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Wanting to win is great, I just find some of the anger a bit weird, I mean I've seen it plenty ( i play overwatch so it's pretty common) but I've luckily never had a friend who ever raged to the point of legit anger over losing in a video game and i definitely wouldn't keep playing with someone who did, i guess I've just never taken games that seriously (not saying I dont try to win however), I've definitely been frustrated but that's usually at myself for making a mistake. I always wonder if they invest that much emotion into a game how they react to actual important real life events, but maybe it's a much needed outlet for a lot of people.

Also does anyone have a link to an updated guide to the new scopes and what the different marks mean regarding range? I havent played much since the update would be nice to refresh myself.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i mean i believe you just lol at playing tpp ever.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I wonder what hacker v hacker final circles are like

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

abigserve posted:

If you're playing pubg and you don't care about winning or doing well beyond getting one or two sneaky kills early in the game then I can see how most of the hacks we came across while we were still playing TPP wouldn't have mattered to you.

Hacking, at least on OC, ruined the game for us because you'd spend 25+ minutes playing and then the whole squad would be wiped by someone named zidai_20128309148. That's not fun, that sucks. And it would happen virtually every game. But, if you're dying earlier (like in the top 50) maybe you wouldn't be running into these guys, which was probably loving us because we maintained a top 10 rate of 57% in season 5 according to pubgtracker.

We play pubg to have fun but killing dudes and getting dinners is fun to us and hackers ruin that. It's like, you don't have to win at chess to enjoy it, but it gets pretty bad when your opponent flips the board at random intervals every game.

We're not the kinda guys that yell hacks every time we die, we've played oodles of FPP games since we ditched TPP and we've called hacks exactly once (and it was very obvious 360-degee noscope bullshit). And we're loving the game even more in FPP anyway!

I'm obviously not going to convince you guys about how bad it is, and no one wants to play with me to see for real (which is fair as it's gotta be on OC), but please, I'm beggin ya boys don't downplay this poo poo because you really, really, really don't want all these guys to migrate to FPP or the other regions.
I've played enough of the game to win a bunch and someone from my team gets in the top 10 remaining pretty consistently and still nothing. (Some of my friends like the slow play style so I mix it up.) Again, it's possible someone was hacking, but I wouldn't know and I certainly haven't died in a situation where no mere human could have killed me. If the leaderboard theory is true than I'd expect it to be worst in solo, and admittedly I've played less of that, but I still have seen 0 hackers as far as I can know. "Virtually every game" sounds crazy to me to the point of being unbelievable and I think that's what people are questioning.

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost

abigserve posted:

You're spending a lot of time talking about what a disaster TPP is. That might be your experience. It isn't my experience. It isn't the experience of a majority of the people I play with nightly. This is the most challenging and rewarding shooter (game) I've played for a while. If your crew is as good as you claim to be, then handle it. Go play FPP. Go play other regions. Coming into this thread and litigating endlessly that the game is horribly broken and unplayable doesn't have a lot of traction as there are a number of us here, not to mention reddit and the rest of the gaming universe that aren't having your experience playing PUBG. If it's as bad as you say, you might want to take a moment and reflect on why you're putting so much effort into convincing the SomthingAwful PUBG thread -- go to the PUBG forums and do it there.

At best there's nothing we can do about it. Other than make fun of you.

By your manner of thinking, % in Top 10 don't mean poo poo. Percentage of Chicken Dinners does. If you're average, you're going to lose 90+ games for every 1 you win. If you're not having fun in those 90+ games it might be time to think about playing something else.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Right now as of this week it seems like I hit a hacker about one in every three TPP games. It's obvious too because they just run around strafing without using sights and mow down whole squads.

In FPP I have not seen one in a long time, but some of the people I play with will only play TPP.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
So this weird thing happened today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH2yowFLi-Q

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Sarcasmatron posted:

You're spending a lot of time talking about what a disaster TPP is. That might be your experience. It isn't my experience. It isn't the experience of a majority of the people I play with nightly. This is the most challenging and rewarding shooter (game) I've played for a while. If your crew is as good as you claim to be, then handle it. Go play FPP. Go play other regions. Coming into this thread and litigating endlessly that the game is horribly broken and unplayable doesn't have a lot of traction as there are a number of us here, not to mention reddit and the rest of the gaming universe that aren't having your experience playing PUBG. If it's as bad as you say, you might want to take a moment and reflect on why you're putting so much effort into convincing the SomthingAwful PUBG thread -- go to the PUBG forums and do it there.

At best there's nothing we can do about it. Other than make fun of you.

There were 24 posts on reddit in a single day regarding hackers. Likewise everyone I play with has acknowledged TPP is a cesspool. It's not everyone else, it's literally just you guys that disagree. I don't need to convince reddit or the pubg forums because they already have accepted it. Yesterday there were 24 posts (maybe more, someone was aggregating them but stopped) about hacking on third person servers on reddit alone, several of which had 200+ comments.

quote:

By your manner of thinking, % in Top 10 don't mean poo poo. Percentage of Chicken Dinners does. If you're average, you're going to lose 90+ games for every 1 you win. If you're not having fun in those 90+ games it might be time to think about playing something else.

In the same season our win rate was 22%, or one in every 5 games. (https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/Spaghett69?region=oc&season=2017-pre5)

The only reason this whole derail started again was because someone else posted a gif of someone obviously hacking and you guys all bandwagoned in here to say "well actually hackers aren't that bad because " and I literally cannot understand why. I normally don't get into these internet debates or whatever but it's like we were playing a different game to you guys and it's doing my tiny head in.

For the 100th time, yes, we don't play TPP anymore.. I'm not complaining about hackers in FPP, in fact, I think its absolutely fine and we all love it. With that said, I absolutely 100% guarantee all those fuckers from TPP are going to eventually make the switch when they realize that FPP is widely accepted as "the" game mode to play and it's going to ruin it for everybody.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I still just want to know if the team here reported me for hacking, esp. since the second guy by the door yelled "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS" as I ran past him.
https://gfycat.com/DisastrousActiveBushbaby

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:
That is amusing how the guy says "maybe you don't care about winning or being good and you all die early so you never see it in the top ten"

I admit, it would be frustrating to have a good squad, winning desperate odds, then get ghosted after wasting 30min.
I don't know why it's easy for me to shrug them off this game. I've raged hard before in other games, rage quitting through the Task Manager cause the game won't quit fast enough.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

abigserve posted:

There were 24 posts on reddit in a single day regarding hackers.

Then maybe you should just go post with them about hackers. It's such a boring conversation and you keep bringing it up like it's gonna change a loving thing

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Hooplah posted:

Then maybe you should just go post with them about hackers. It's such a boring conversation and you keep bringing it up like it's gonna change a loving thing

I didn't bring it up mate, someone posted a gif several pages back of an obvious aimbot and then you guys hopped on the ol' "actually that wasn't hacking and also, hacking isn't really an issue in PUBG at all" bandwagon again

I'm happy not to talk about hackers, in fact I'd prefer if they were never mentioned again in this thread after this very post, honestly. But if someone posts a clip of a dude obviously using cheats, even if you disagree, don't spread the trash opinion that hacking isn't a big deal in PUBG in TPP because it absolutely is.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
i installed an aimbot in my brain and its undetectable

loving owned scrubs

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

abigserve, I think you may have a reading comprehension problem

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost

esperterra posted:

abigserve, I think you may have a reading comprehension problem

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Hey it's 2018 and the servers are still randomly defaulting to AS, now it's just harder to find out it's happening because they stuffed it away in a tiny icon in the corner. Also my menu text is randomly missing certain vowels and at times only half of my name displays on the menu.

:thumbsup:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Odobenidae posted:

Hey it's 2018 and the servers are still randomly defaulting to AS, now it's just harder to find out it's happening because they stuffed it away in a tiny icon in the corner. Also my menu text is randomly missing certain vowels and at times only half of my name displays on the menu.

there are so many bugs on the new menu

At one stage the white text at the bottom had massive spacing so every word looked
code:
 l                              i                                                       k                                                                      e t                               h                   i                        s
Is it still just a webpage? if so, how do you gently caress that up so bad

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:
"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."

Is there any way to walk quieter?
The killcams make me seem really noisy, and I can hear other people's footsteps outside crunching or even backpack rustling and crawling.
I am going to experiment with bum rushing instead of waiting for them to clear rooms.

I've had to freeze in place when someone pokes around the buildings, and as much as I would LOVE military grade booby traps I know it would slow the game down and increase frustration.
Maybe some Ravenholme type dead falls that drop a car or set up a wire roadblock? Something Jerry rigged and rusty.

Crane fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 3, 2018

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

You guys are paranoid as gently caress. I mean I get that no-recoil exists but if you’re moving like you should be it doesn’t matter. They still have to aim well and you still have to be staying still for it to even matter.

I’m pretty sure there’s a goon in discord that uses a script and he’s still garbage.

pokkerguy, he sucks rear end at the game and still maintained a 2.0kd because of his hacks

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
Hit #2 in solo v. squad for the third time today -- I know it's within reach. Doesn't really matter how you get to 1 v. 1 once you're there. Both times I was too caught up in the moment to notice that it was down to last five, much less last 2.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I wanna thank the discord goons for being cool doods to play with.

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

Odobenidae posted:

I live on the east coast of the US and I have like 60ish AS games to 30 NA games because of this lmao.

It took me forever to notice because the game is laggy as gently caress anyway and there is no shortage of asian names on NA :shrug:

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.
Driving is hard. Every time I let my buddy drive it feels like this.

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
Mashing potatoes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00qlMhNu9k

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

remeez posted:

I live on the east coast of the US and I have like 60ish AS games to 30 NA games because of this lmao.

It took me forever to notice because the game is laggy as gently caress anyway and there is no shortage of asian names on NA :shrug:

Jeez that's rough, for me I caught it at five or so and I only found out from the info when checking a replay. In the match I checked almost everyone had a somewhat typical english username, so it looks like a lot more people in NA are getting duped by this stupid bug too.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The Way of the Gun is on Netflix now, and it basically takes place in Miramar. It's a fun action movie with semi-realistic gunplay and pretty much everyone is an unlikable rear end in a top hat.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the vehicle used by the protagonists is what the Miramar Canyonero is based on and there's even a scene where it's used as rolling cover.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 3, 2018

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I presume the hackers are there to farm BP in the hope of getting a rare set of pants to sell out of a crate?

Or does your whole Steam account get banned if you are caught?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spudsbuckley posted:

I presume the hackers are there to farm BP in the hope of getting a rare set of pants to sell out of a crate?

Your whole Steam account does not get banned. Since it's not a VAC ban, you might not even have means to tell if any given player has been banned in PUBG.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Well, that explains the hacking then.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

spudsbuckley posted:

noone is hacking just to get rare items the drop chances are miniscule, they are hacking because they enjoy it and their friends dont tell them no

knees of putty
Apr 2, 2009

gottle o' gear!
Eu- FPP does not seem to suffer from hacks at all. I've seen a few dodgy things but I put it down to killcam glitches. The caveat is of course I am terrible and probably don't get matched with hackers. Anyway, I love this game, even terrible people get to win occasionally and get to feel like kings. It's a shame it's always followed by 20 games feeling like a potato. I also love that random letters disappear from the lobby page. What the heck?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I play EU FPP and the only fishy death I've had was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcEjMSsiVRw

It's hard to believe he spotted us there, and he didn't even hold his breath. He hit my friend a couple of times and myself 3-4, downing me. The way his aim snaps between the two of us (and a third guy maybe?) seems off too, but it could just be replay hijinks.

Still, that's a single weird one in ~40 hours of play.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I really don't think that hackers are farming BP for opening crates. The drop rate is so abysmally low that it probably wouldn't be worth your time opening crates if you had unlimited BP. Selling crates is another thing but the currently available free to open ones are somehow even more trash. If they were smart they'd be banking up BP to buy the next crate that takes a key to open, but if they're hacking they have a good chance of getting banned and losing everything before the crate even drops.

The gamescom crates took a few months to double/triple in price, and as much as i'm kicking myself now for selling them instantly I'm satisfied that this broken-rear end game paid for itself and then some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

Ugh almost got the dinner in solo squads, three kills and I died to two guys with ghillie suits after putting one more sweet boy down