Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

nerdz posted:

yeah, but even if that is what he meant to say, from what I've heard it's not true.

He's had a dead body on his vlogs before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I can't even make a loving joke about this. The best I would be able to do is reconfigure it into a dick-measuring joke, but that would underscore the implicit absurdity. This would be comedy gold if it weren't so depressing.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

belt posted:

I loving hate this man so much.

Also:

He's a sentient Cheeto with anger issues get it right

CassandraSupreme
Dec 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jurgan posted:

Jesus died on Friday and was resurrected on Sunday. So they meet on Sunday to celebrate that fact.

Friday + 3 days = Monday.

So Christian meet on a Monday or Jesus was in his tomb for two days.

And on the second day, he rose! Jaleluya!

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

CassandraSupreme posted:

Friday + 3 days = Monday.

So Christian meet on a Monday or Jesus was in his tomb for two days.

And on the second day, he rose! Jaleluya!

To be fair, it doesn't say he rose 3 days later, it says he rose ON the third day. So, presumably if you take the days in which he was dead, Friday is first day of being dead, Saturday is second, Sunday is third. So he rose on the third day, Sunday. Just that 2 of the 3 days weren't complete days.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Pizzas are open-faced tacos.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Is the Holy Trinity a sandwich?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Father and Holy Ghost are the bread and the Son is the juicy meat, tasty sauce and succulent vegetables.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

FreudianSlippers posted:

Is the Holy Trinity a sandwich?

I think :thejoke: is about thread-derailing arguments

Incidentally, infant male circumcision is wrong, you should tip your waitstaff 20% unless the service is notably bad, a hot dog is not a sandwich, and it's okay for chili to have beans

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Counterpoint: anteater dick

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Counterpoint: anteater dick

You called?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Have a bit of a silly idiocy on social media to cleanse your palate (thread).

https://twitter.com/xLiserx/status/948298464902905857

CassandraSupreme
Dec 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Master Twig posted:

To be fair, it doesn't say he rose 3 days later, it says he rose ON the third day. So, presumably if you take the days in which he was dead, Friday is first day of being dead, Saturday is second, Sunday is third. So he rose on the third day, Sunday. Just that 2 of the 3 days weren't complete days.

Isn't there, like, a big story in Christianity where you are supposed to be a shiftless gently caress? Like, it doesn't matter if you just show up to work for the last twenty minutes and get paid a full day because it doesn't actually matter what you "do" it's all about some nebulous (and loving vile) "belief" and "faith"?

God, what a loving terrible religion.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Have a bit of a silly idiocy on social media to cleanse your palate (thread).

https://twitter.com/xLiserx/status/948298464902905857

How the gently caress.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CassandraSupreme posted:

Isn't there, like, a big story in Christianity where you are supposed to be a shiftless gently caress? Like, it doesn't matter if you just show up to work for the last twenty minutes and get paid a full day because it doesn't actually matter what you "do" it's all about some nebulous (and loving vile) "belief" and "faith"?

God, what a loving terrible religion.

The Prodigal Son, I believe.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

So, there was a question somewhere on facebook, what does 10-10x10+10 make? I thought, ''easy, first the multiplication, then everything else''. So, in my head, it was 10-100+10 > +-10=0 thus 100 was the correct answer. Then i encountered a huge shitstorm of replies that the answer was -80, FOR... 10-100 made -90... I then remembered an imaginary division of mathematics - the negative numbers and realized what was the deal - the deal was that subconsciously i did not accept negative numbers. Because, i live in a world that exists, and everything that exists can be measured. But apparently, there are people that like to measure things that are not there. Fictionally, there can be anything below zero, but in real world you cannot measure something that does not exist. If this operation had to count anything that exists, because you cannot NOT have something that is there. Funny how ''science'' denies the existence of God, only on the sole premise that they haven't seen Him or felt Him. Though that doesn't make God any less real. But somehow ''science'' manages to measure stuff that aren't there and count them as if they were true.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Holy moly

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The Prodigal Son, I believe.

There's another one, some parable where some rich guy is hiring laborers for some job, and after a few hours he hires some more, then at the end of the day pays everyone the same. So the guys who've been working all day say "Hey, we should get more, we worked harder." And the rich guy says "Screw you, it's my money and I say everyone gets the same wage."

It's meant to be a metaphor for early Christians complaining about new converts being treated equally as long-time worshipers. Except pretty much everyone who hears it ends up coming away thinking "What a lovely employer, those workers really got screwed", because manual labor isn't actually a good analogy for being religious.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maybe we should believe her because she knows something we don't :tinfoil:

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

This. This is the only type of situation where anyone should condone public Doxxing.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Not a social media idiot, but someone describing social media idiocy. Honestly "wait who is this guy?" is exactly what went through my head when I first heard about the Logan Paul atrocity.

https://twitter.com/gapingmaws/status/948200007391354880

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
He does seem like the perfect storm of twattishness.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:perfect:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mak0rz posted:

Not a social media idiot, but someone describing social media idiocy. Honestly "wait who is this guy?" is exactly what went through my head when I first heard about the Logan Paul atrocity.

There are vast swathes of YouTube you'll never see because the Algorithim has determined you don't want to see them. Logan Paul's followers have probably never heard of your favorite YouTube channels either.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

1stGear posted:

Logan Paul's followers have probably never heard of your favorite YouTube channels either.

the day I discover any cultural overlap between myself and any of the waterheaded dumdums that intentionally LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE to his channel is the day I perform loving brain surgery on myself

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Is Logan Paul the shithead who bought a house with his Youtube money and gave all of his followers the address then was doing stupid poo poo at his house constantly and his neigbours brought a lawsuit against him because he was an annoying gently caress rendering the block uninhabitable for regular life?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Is Logan Paul the shithead who bought a house with his Youtube money and gave all of his followers the address then was doing stupid poo poo at his house constantly and his neigbours brought a lawsuit against him because he was an annoying gently caress rendering the block uninhabitable for regular life?

That’s his younger brother Jake.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/we-found-him-the-worst-person-on-earth-1797054293

Henchman of Santa has a new favorite as of 15:15 on Jan 3, 2018

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CommonShore posted:

it was money from meth and it was aaron not logan

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jake Paul is also a cool dude who regularly abuses his "employees" and entourage for kicks and giggles, treats women like garbage, and is a general sociopath for the sake of views. The entire family is poison and needs to go, like, yesterday.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They will both inevitably be busted for soliciting minors

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

St Evan Echoes posted:

it was money from meth and it was aaron not logan

:golfclap:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pastry of the Year posted:

the day I discover any cultural overlap between myself and any of the waterheaded dumdums that intentionally LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE to his channel is the day I perform loving brain surgery on myself
those plebs don't even know about half an A press :colbert:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

Jesus died on Friday and was resurrected on Sunday.

I never really thought about this, but I bet he was pissed that he missed the whole weekend. Probably came back all "gently caress why didn't I die on a Wednesday or something so I could still have a couple days off after".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He missed the egg hunt too, lame

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You know how this is the kind of thing you think can’t get worse?

It got worse.

https://twitter.com/creamsuit/status/947626423107366914

(It probably won’t link properly, but there’s that’s the last post in a chain where someone else with a bad history is defending the RSO).

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

EL BROMANCE posted:

You know how this is the kind of thing you think can’t get worse?

It got worse.

https://twitter.com/creamsuit/status/947626423107366914

(It probably won’t link properly, but there’s that’s the last post in a chain where someone else with a bad history is defending the RSO).

Christ that whole thread is a goddamn mess.

https://twitter.com/G_Padraic/status/947674245244555265
screenshot

Yeah man get your facts straight!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

is there someone who goes around getting 13 year old boys all riled up about abstract art?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

hawowanlawow posted:

is there someone who goes around getting 13 year old boys all riled up about abstract art?

Art teachers?