Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
sounds like a fail egg to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i have too many healing blades on 5th character and too many attack blades on 4th character and rex. woE is me

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I just got kosmos on Zeke ftw

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
If you have more than I think 256 accessories it will just silently vaporize any new ones you pick up instead of warning you. It's very easy to hit the limit when you're smashing with gold chips and you could be farming some item and never actually get it in your inventory unless you actually sort thru and sell stuff frequently

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

emoji posted:

If you have more than I think 256 accessories it will just silently vaporize any new ones you pick up instead of warning you. It's very easy to hit the limit when you're smashing with gold chips and you could be farming some item and never actually get it in your inventory unless you actually sort thru and sell stuff frequently

oh poo poo that explains a lot lol. this game is so broken its great

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

got kosmos from a common blade with no boosters lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I guess it's like a cloak? But yeah, that guy, with the skeleton claw.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the doc finally getting his sword was p cool

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
citan with his sword and Elly with her cane had cool attack animations

everyone did

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i always thought esmeralda had the most wonderfully arcane spells and particle effects. and those weird Elly's Vierge arts that were called "AERODS" or whatever were also really cool and mysterious seeming. Xenogears lore is top notch. I bought and then lost that 300 page book about the religion, culture and geography of the world called "Perfect Works" and it owned so hard.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

xenogears is cool.

I want to play more of this game because i'm interested in where the plot and combat mechanics will go and I paid $60 but it feels like I'm sort of slogging through it without even having 3 blade slots unlocked yet. like I can do all these special chains except i can't because my characters all have 1 or 2 blades. should I grind to advance story stuff or should I juggle equipment and blade stuff and try to beat these plot guys at the level i'm at. or should I give up because I don't actually have the patience for this type of game. $60 though

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

force the plot along until you unlock stuff, 2 blades is no good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm sooooo behind everyone else but the big cutscene at the end of chapter 3 is some of the best anime poo poo i've ever enjoyed in a video game . perfect

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

b_d posted:

xenogears is cool.

I want to play more of this game because i'm interested in where the plot and combat mechanics will go and I paid $60 but it feels like I'm sort of slogging through it without even having 3 blade slots unlocked yet. like I can do all these special chains except i can't because my characters all have 1 or 2 blades. should I grind to advance story stuff or should I juggle equipment and blade stuff and try to beat these plot guys at the level i'm at. or should I give up because I don't actually have the patience for this type of game. $60 though

I got to chapter 5 quickly because of this. You don't get all your abilities or party members until you advance further in the story, and the story keeps doing poo poo like "Now you can't use the blade you spent all game using at all" except it carries over into the sidequest stuff. Like I have no idea when I'm actually supposed to do sidequests

Chapter 5 felt like the first time I could do what I wanted fully except I still don't have my full party

I've put like 35 hours in but I can't actually decide if I like this game or not

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

b_d posted:

xenogears is cool.

I can say that it feels fuckin great getting 3 blade slots unlocked at the befinning of chapter 4. I still want my full party though

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

I'm sooooo behind everyone else but the big cutscene at the end of chapter 3 is some of the best anime poo poo i've ever enjoyed in a video game . perfect

I'm just a bit further, I have no idea why (chapter 3 ending) a giant robot face appeared on screen right before Mythra woke up but I'm very excited to find out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

it ramps up quite a bit beofre it ends, enjoy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

From spoilers I know that Poppi gets different forms later -- when she does , does it just work like an upgrade or can I like switch between them during combat as if they were different blades? I like her but I really don't like only having access to one element during combat. If it doesn't work the latter way I probably won't bother doing Tiger Tiger and upgrading her

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
it works like other blades and you can change the elements

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I love the combat in this game but it's also making me look forward even more to Octopath Traveller because I want a Switch RPG a la Bravely Default that I can just mindlessly grind in while watching TV lol

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Unlocking new mechanics are pretty cool, but not as cool as meeting Zeke for the first time. What a trip.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Zekenator!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

That cutscene made me lol and also feel like maybe I like anime

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

That cutscene made me lol and also feel like maybe I like anime

I beat chapter 3 and then got a crunchyroll subscription so I could watch Joni's Bizarre Adventhre

edit: really got into the game in general at that point , I guess it's just having all 3 blade slots and party combos and stuff that did it. I bought it right when it came out and just sort of chipped away at it for a while but now I'm in chapter 4 and having a great time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

I beat chapter 3 and then got a crunchyroll subscription so I could watch Joni's Bizarre Adventhre

good choice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I probably spent like 20 hours in chapter 5 just doing side quests. Once you have 3 blades and party options it's fun to just hang out in the world

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My favorite part is when side quests are split into like 4 parts and you get to the very end of the very last part and it wants some blade skills yoh don’t have and you can’t turn it in what thefucj

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

:doh:20+ hours in and I just realized that every character has a 4th weapon art that you can swap in. Jesus christ

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

lol

Chapter 4 kind of dragged, the town was cool but there was a lot of busywork and dumb poo poo. Hope chapter 5 is better. Morag is cool as hell although between her and poppi 2 I dunno why 3 of the 6 guaranteed blades at this point are fire.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I love that rare blades have their own dumb team names and voice lines when sent on merc missions . This game is so weird and special

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

lol

Chapter 4 kind of dragged, the town was cool but there was a lot of busywork and dumb poo poo. Hope chapter 5 is better. Morag is cool as hell although between her and poppi 2 I dunno why 3 of the 6 guaranteed blades at this point are fire.

chapter 4 had dromarch in the night time cap + epic anime sleepwalking pratfalls

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh yeah speaking of Bedtime Dromarch why the heck aren't there alt costumes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're probably going to sell them as dlc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Oh yeah speaking of Bedtime Dromarch why the heck aren't there alt costumes

why are my party memebers constantly suiciding off cliffs and blades unable to climb ladders

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

goferchan posted:

I love that rare blades have their own dumb team names and voice lines when sent on merc missions . This game is so weird and special

some of them have like quests and cutscenes and storylines, its nuts

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

why are my party memebers constantly suiciding off cliffs and blades unable to climb ladders

Because you touch yourself at night

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Why can I carry 900 copies of any given accessory but only 5 of a booster or 10 of a pouch item lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Why can I carry 900 copies of any given accessory but only 5 of a booster or 10 of a pouch item lol

there are deeds that let you hold more for both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

• Locked thread