Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7nq8a9/old_bones_arthritically_dismantles_local_book_club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I think I've finally hit that point in arena where teams consist of multimerged horses and kind of strange pet projects.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

loquacius posted:

Playing FEH while high inevitably leads to me jamming on "end turn" instead of "Danger Area" at the start of every battle :saddowns:

Honestly I'm lucky I haven't done anything dumber than that

you can have danger area on by default

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

the madman

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

loquacius posted:

Playing FEH while high inevitably leads to me jamming on "end turn" instead of "Danger Area" at the start of every battle :saddowns:

I don't have Autobattle on my bottom bar for that very reason.

I don't trust myself not to blindly mash the green 'OK' button, even though they added that extra dialog specifically for dumdums like me.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
:negative: RIP Camilla, Azura managed to squeeze by just barely not triggering bonus. It would have taken like 2-3 (that's not true but it only needed to be a few more mil) more people tossing flags to push things far enough.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 3, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Since Robin definitely lost, I pray to gods, Ryoma won. I need that 10% pls

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Since Robin definitely lost, I pray to gods, Ryoma won. I need that 10% pls
When I looked at the stat lines a few hours ago, Takumi had a slight lead over his brother, but like every other match-up, not enough to trip a bonus.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Just got the bonus feathers for Ryoma's victory so that 10% bonus lives on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lissa won. Time to celebrate by giving her a shiny new brave axe!

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Tharja won. RIP Chrom you stood no chance against a plate bikini.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
wholesome waifu vs hoe-some waifu. let the ultimate battle begin.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Ok here are my two newbie teams after 3 or 4 weeks, and the rest of my roster. Is there anything else I can do to improve either team? I've got about 8k feathers saved and plan on promoting either Atiki or Cecilia, I'm leaning towards tiki since my main goal is clearing all the story content and the dragon team is so far way better at that.

Edit: Atiki has fury 3 but I switched for grinding XP on the level 35 warriors map.

Washout fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 3, 2018

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AzureSkye posted:

Tharja won. RIP Chrom you stood no chance against a plate bikini.

He should have practiced being normal harder.

Meanwhile, with Camilla eliminated, Tharja's record as the only two time winner is secured. Hope Lissa wins if she doesn't. I find most Fates characters intolerable at the best of times, and Ryoma and Azura are two of the worst.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i don't know who azura is but performing arts azura paired with bladetome nowi has mostly transformed my dreaded weekly ritual of doing arena into a relaxing ten-minute break. if lissa eats it, i'm 100% on team punishment paddle

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Obstruct is a good and practical skill

Gwen/Henry/Tharja makes a really solid arena core

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Using more than like one armor in your arena team seems very annoying

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
it is. it really is.

especially if they don't have distant counter.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
My armor team is OK in arena but that's probably because when I use them I only really fight other armor teams and everyone has the ability to distant counter/is a mage. Also armor march.

Doing this TT without a guidance flier to get Tharja around would get annoying real fast, though.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Level Seven posted:

Just got the bonus feathers for Ryoma's victory so that 10% bonus lives on.

Looks like I'm siding with Ryoma, since Robin and Camilla went down.

I will work to ensure that a guy who doesn't care about Christmas or New Years wins this gauntlet.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

loquacius posted:

in case you didn't know, you can set the danger area to be on by default

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Andrast posted:

Using more than like one armor in your arena team seems very annoying

armor march makes it easy, and tharja is broken and henry is basically just a really good gronraven mage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

armor march makes it easy, and tharja is broken and henry is basically just a really good gronraven mage.

I find armor march pretty annoying to use in practice too

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I hope the one character who's not in-theme takes it all.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
pulling on new years and got a loving effie to steal my pity rate

loving GOD I DONT WANT TO USE ARMORS THEYRE BORING AND THEY SUCCCCCCK

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Effie specifically owns though, she does a bunch of unique things because of her insane attack stat and has some of my favorite voicework

E: Also she carried me through armor quests pretty much solo for, like, 5 months

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think I like voting gauntlet and tempest trials going simultaneously

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Elyv posted:

Effie specifically owns though, she does a bunch of unique things because of her insane attack stat and has some of my favorite voicework

E: Also she carried me through armor quests pretty much solo for, like, 5 months

I already have a decent armor team. I don't need any more. especially when armor units are never in rotation anyway.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
lissa bout to get a lot of bonuses

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Armors are actually broken now but only if you've got all their toys (March and Bold especially)

Bold ranged armors specifically are just dumb

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

at the end of the first hour, Ryoma has 1/3 of Airzura's score

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Armors are actually broken now but only if you've got all their toys (March and Bold especially)

Bold ranged armors specifically are just dumb

They could OHKO every unit and I still wouldn't use them (aside from AA) because the positioning is poo poo even with armor march

especially player phase armors

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
imo dragon emblem is more vexing than armor emblem, and both are way worse than blyn or rein ever was

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

imo dragon emblem is more vexing than armor emblem, and both are way worse than blyn or rein ever was

Both are pretty easy to deal with imo since they can't instantly kill one of your units from across the screen, which was the only reason horse emblem was dangerous in the first place.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tired Moritz posted:

I already have a decent armor team. I don't need any more. especially when armor units are never in rotation anyway.

Just you wait some day the age of Draug will come.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Armors are big and dumb and always blob together in a big dumb blob and that is why they are the absolute best.

Prior to this gauntlet I didn't realize people actually liked Azura. Same with Ryoma last gauntlet.

Remember, voting gauntlets are for siding with your favorite waifus and/or husbandos. You side with whoever will get you the most feathers to dedicate to your true waifus/husbandos.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Andrast posted:

They could OHKO every unit and I still wouldn't use them (aside from AA) because the positioning is poo poo even with armor march

especially player phase armors

With armor march they're not much different from infantries, gluing two units together is not a big hassle and it's common practice to begin with since lots of teams run Hones and such. No if your team relies on Drives/Spurs/etc you don't need to glue units together, but the point is it doesn't qualify as "poo poo positioning" anymore compared to back when they could only move 1 space

Them being able to move over forests helps a little as well

Like Bold + March Blade Tharja is pretty much a Nino that doubles every time, plus a shitton of bulk

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 3, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

With armor march they're not much different from infantries, gluing two units together is not a big hassle and it's common practice to begin with since lots of teams run Hones and such. No if your team relies on Drives/Spurs/etc you don't need to glue units together, but the point is it doesn't qualify as "poo poo positioning" anymore compared to back when they could only move 1 space

Them being able to move over forests helps a little as well

Like Bold + March Blade Tharja is pretty much a Nino that doubles every time, plus a shitton of bulk

I find absolutely needing to start next to another specific unit really really limiting

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

To each their own, but I do that all the time even with cavalries, and I don't find it limiting at all. The map is already so small and the enemy's threat range often covers half the map, units will often end up adjacent to each other naturally anyway.

There is a cost on flexibility but I don't think it's as bad as it's made out to be, and the payoff from Bold Fighter is huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
having to rely on 5* skills to move is unbearable. I could use that c-slot for important things, like wards.