Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I sometimes just bite chunks off a carrot and spit it in the pan if I don't want to get a knife and chopping board dirty.

But this. Why do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Roe and cod liver is so loving delicious!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

evobatman posted:

Roe and cod liver is so loving delicious!

You've got the surf, now here's the turf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHuic8E-veo&t=19s

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

this is a thing that ppl with eating disorders do :smith:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I've had turkey testicles

They weren't particularly good

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

I've always wondered if the writer of that gets royalties for Dangerous, I mean they wrote the chorus.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Tiggum posted:

Have you never seen shredded ham before?
I've never seen shredded ham that looks like noodles, no.

and upon quoting, I realize why I'm pointing this out

so yeah "shredded ham" is "Ground meat left in the state that it comes out of the grinder", one of the options i proposed

or possibly just reconstituted ham that's then sliced into noodles? this is a weird food state that I'm not particularly interested in

how the gently caress does anyone see squared-off ham noodles and decide that it's somehow "shredded"

stringless has a new favorite as of 22:31 on Jan 2, 2018

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I've had pig fries and Rocky Mountain oysters (although not in the Rocky Mountains).

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Snoo posted:

this is a thing that ppl with eating disorders do :smith:

Eating disorders or just-hatched chicks

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I imagne it’s a weird fetish called “birding”

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/todtjs_/status/947841331069460481

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Have you never seen shredded ham before?

You mean mince

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
The thought of billionares giving themselves giardia just to be on a food trend is pretty lol.
http://www.businessinsider.com/silicon-valleys-raw-water-trend-could-turn-deadly-2018-1

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

What’s the problem?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

mds2 posted:

What’s the problem?

He isn't sharing the love. Pure rear end in a top hat move, that is.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mds2 posted:

What’s the problem?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

LifeSunDeath posted:

The thought of billionares giving themselves giardia just to be on a food trend is pretty lol.
http://www.businessinsider.com/silicon-valleys-raw-water-trend-could-turn-deadly-2018-1

Guillotines not required I guess

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

LifeSunDeath posted:

Business Insider posted:

You can't stop consenting adults from being stupid. But, we should at least try.

I'm not sure whether this is an argument for or against pizza rules.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LogicalFallacy posted:

I'm not sure whether this is an argument for or against pizza rules.

NO PIZZA RULES MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

RAW WATER IS PIZZA!!!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Pomp posted:

Lol I left that group after a two days

Grand Fromage posted:

what the gently caress was all that FB poo poo

so ok. I joined this group called AWFUL RECIPES: RECIPES FOR DISASTER a few months back thinking it was just pics/vids of bad food, but it turns out it houses a lot of people who are just bad at food. sometimes they are scared of normal food, usually they are scared of normal food with a twist (regardless if it's good or bad), but more often than not they are scared of the most minute aspect of a pic/vid. like if the cook in the vid in question has hairy forearms. or they chop onions. a large subset of those people are incredibly xenophobic about food and the comments are full of others telling them they are idiots. it's p great i guess.

over the months i would just screenshot the weirder posts and forward to a bunch of friends who like food so here you go

someone who doesn't understand meat pies

i don't understand juicing

what is peanut butter

why are there skin in my mashed potato

ok, this led to people telling me the existence of "listerinis". do not drink that

people scared of sweet potato

a person named Egg is scared of eggs on (no) pizza (rules)

a bunch of italians dunked on this person hard for this post so the op quit the group in a rage

this person got dunked hard too for calling smoked salmon "raw" and that this is common in salads, so they also quit

person who doesn't understand the use of buttermilk in fried chicken

more egg fears

i'm scared of cake

the group just can't handle "cultural foods" so they have to be sent to the ghetto

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Can you stop

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Just a few dozen more 4chan greentext screenshots I swear...

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Pham Nuwen posted:

Just a few dozen more 4chan greentext screenshots I swear...

Here, let me make sure they aren't timg so you have to scroll 6 feet to get past them

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
https://i.imgur.com/awlG16q.gifv

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Ah yes, looks good

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Wish to know more about this "egg explosion over rice" it sounds fine and good.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LifeSunDeath posted:

Wish to know more about this "egg explosion over rice" it sounds fine and good.

That's what I call popping a poached egg with runny yolk over my rice. Also over noodles. :yum:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm in that group and it's fun when we make fun of recipes for never putting a single molecule of seasoning or spice in their food, or really forced trends like the unicorn poo poo, not when they're being weird about textures and like regular-rear end food

someone posted a thing in order to mock ppl in the group about how pizza and mac and cheese and something else are all the same thing, cheese + carbs, and how some people never grew up past that and that's sad, and ppl were saying it was classist

which I mean I guess but also maybe eat a vegetable once in a while and stop being grossed out by potato skins and egg yolks

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Happy year of the pastry:

The Snoo posted:

someone posted a thing in order to mock ppl in the group about how pizza and mac and cheese and something else are all the same thing, cheese + carbs, and how some people never grew up past that and that's sad, and ppl were saying it was classist

which I mean I guess but also maybe eat a vegetable once in a while and stop being grossed out by potato skins and egg yolks
Grew up poor, somehow survived eating broccoli and mashed potato(:siren: with skins :siren:).

People really twist themselves in knots trying to justify why they're picky eaters, but "it's classist to expect people to eat this cheap as hell food group" is a new one to me.

Haifisch has a new favorite as of 06:16 on Jan 3, 2018

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Haifisch posted:

Happy year of the pastry:

Grew up poor, somehow survived eating broccoli and mashed potato(:siren: with skins :siren:).

People really twist themselves in knots trying to justify why they're picky eaters, but "it's classist to expect people to eat this cheap as hell food group" is a new one to me.

mashed potato is actually just carbs and dairy and so are peas and parmesan and
:goonsay:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Saddest Rhino posted:

sweet jesus why have I never thought of this

e. and anyone hating on raw salmon must be a texture weird, because god drat raw salmon is one of the best things

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Snoo posted:

I'm in that group and it's fun when we make fun of recipes for never putting a single molecule of seasoning or spice in their food, or really forced trends like the unicorn poo poo, not when they're being weird about textures and like regular-rear end food

oh yeah, i did see that pizza meme thing but i didn't know it exploded so i probably should go look for it

honestly the videos they post are sometimes of food so good i just subscribe to them. the french chefclub (and chefclub cocktails) are extra af and feature hairy forearms and those two aspects scare a lot of people apparently

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

The Saddest Rhino posted:

so ok. I joined this group called AWFUL RECIPES: RECIPES FOR DISASTER a few months back thinking it was just pics/vids of bad food, but it turns out it houses a lot of people who are just bad at food. sometimes they are scared of normal food, usually they are scared of normal food with a twist (regardless if it's good or bad), but more often than not they are scared of the most minute aspect of a pic/vid. like if the cook in the vid in question has hairy forearms. or they chop onions. a large subset of those people are incredibly xenophobic about food and the comments are full of others telling them they are idiots. it's p great i guess.

over the months i would just screenshot the weirder posts and forward to a bunch of friends who like food so here you go

someone who doesn't understand meat pies

i don't understand juicing

what is peanut butter

why are there skin in my mashed potato

ok, this led to people telling me the existence of "listerinis". do not drink that

a person named Egg is scared of eggs on (no) pizza (rules)

a bunch of italians dunked on this person hard for this post so the op quit the group in a rage

this person got dunked hard too for calling smoked salmon "raw" and that this is common in salads, so they also quit

person who doesn't understand the use of buttermilk in fried chicken

more egg fears

i'm scared of cake

the group just can't handle "cultural foods" so they have to be sent to the ghetto

like okay i can kind of get being grossed out by cheese'n'salmon but then i don't like fish anyway but what even is the problem with green tea mouthwash? is fruit flavored toothpaste horrifying to them? how do they feel about tropical punch gum??

also just lol at not understanding how fried chicken works. (i think when my dad made it he usually used egg whites but same deal)

things i'm scared of:
pretzels on cake
green tea flavor
potato skins
milk

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

there we go

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Djeser posted:

mashed potato is actually just carbs and dairy and so are peas and parmesan and
:goonsay:

Parmesan has protein, you know.

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

Mymla posted:

I sometimes just bite chunks off a carrot and spit it in the pan if I don't want to get a knife and chopping board dirty.

That way lies madness.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Pssshht that's just someone that can't follow simple instructions. Got some clear spite going on.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

that pizza actually reminds me of the time i was dumb enough to try to cook some pizza on the box it came in (no tray big enough to hold it in the oven, and it was huge) and accidentally set the box on fire. i ended up shutting the oven to let the fire burn out, and when i finally rescued the pizza, most of it was edible (and pretty tasty tbh) and only 1/4th of it was lost to the blaze.

i did have to wipe a bit of ash off the pepperoni though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I like pizza and grilled chs and mac n cheese and that's all good but I know plenty of people who only eat that kind of stuff and it's sad

it feels ironic that an awful food group would be upset by that graphic but idk

also lmao @ the buttermilk chicken person. holy hell I made buttermilk fried chicken and biscuits from scratch recently and they were amazing, even if it's a little more effort than just a tempura batter. imagine being weirded out by completely normal US foods, let alone other cultures (and also casually mentioning your nudes collection when making a loving bad post)

snoo has a new favorite as of 07:33 on Jan 3, 2018