Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I did a dollar pull just to balance out all you guys' awesome pulls.

:stare: :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I went into this wanting marche USB to go along with his BSB and LMR, and anything else would be a bonus.

No dupes, except the obvious. I have nothing for Seymour, but even given that this makes him a viable dark mage, and it's my best non-lulu mage weapon for FFX.

drat fine pull.

E: also 100 gemmed a dupe shadow BSB. That's fine I guess. Bigger stat stick I guess.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

synthetik posted:

How quick does gil come? As a newbie, can i screw myself by spending gil on upgrading and combining equipment?
Usually gil isn't an object for most players until you start converting hundreds of greater orbs into majors, start honing high level abilities, or you start reforging a lot of stuff.

You really can't screw yourself permanently, you'd just have to run the gil daily some times to rebuild a stash.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I dollar pulled trash on these last two banners. :v: Thanks, survey pocket change!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I need to buckle down and tackle the magicite dungeons.

I have three chains: wind, ice, dark
My star player is Butz with USB, Wind BSB, Water BSB

SUPPORT CAST
Cloud: bsb2, OS
Raines: BSB
Agrias: USB, BSB, OS
Squall: BSB2, OS
Refia: USB, BSB

TOOLKIT
Faris: usb1, usb2
Tyro: wall
Onion Kid: vessel of fate
Ramza: shout 2.0
Gladiolus: pep talk
Noctus: SSB insta gib, BSB
Vaan Setzer Lion: reverse wall BSBs

HEALS
Relm: star prism
Yuna: usb, summon strike heal
Mog: love serenade
Eiko: tenants of faith
Rosa: MBlink heal

Halp, what should my team look like to kill one of these so they can all start falling?

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Dollar pulled Marche's BSB and I already have his USE. Is he worth legend diving or should I just use him as is when I do?

I legend dived him with USB/BSB/LMR and he's great. If you've got a tricked out Agrias/Beatrix/Warrior of Light/etc., you probably don't need to prioritize it though.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

djfooboo posted:

I need to buckle down and tackle the magicite dungeons.

I have three chains: wind, ice, dark
My star player is Butz with USB, Wind BSB, Water BSB

SUPPORT CAST
Cloud: bsb2, OS
Raines: BSB
Agrias: USB, BSB, OS
Squall: BSB2, OS
Refia: USB, BSB

TOOLKIT
Faris: usb1, usb2
Tyro: wall
Onion Kid: vessel of fate
Ramza: shout 2.0
Gladiolus: pep talk
Noctus: SSB insta gib, BSB
Vaan Setzer Lion: reverse wall BSBs

HEALS
Relm: star prism
Yuna: usb, summon strike heal
Mog: love serenade
Eiko: tenants of faith
Rosa: MBlink heal

Halp, what should my team look like to kill one of these so they can all start falling?

Try Fenrir. Enkidu's a great magicite to have, too. Legend Dive Squall if you haven't. Take him, Bartz, Rosa, Onion Boy, and Ramza.

Your options for Onion Lad are an Entrust/Wrath battery to feed Squall or Affliction Break/Quick Hit to neutralize Fenrir's bullshit. Normally I'd recommend feeding meter to whoever has your most powerful burst entry, but Squall's a special case. When he does his burst a second time, he loses his Draw stacks, so casting it constantly might not be the best approach. Either way, have him do Vessel at the start.

Ramza will be an Entrust battery, at least at the start so Squall has meter to prime the pump at the start. You can Shout afterwards if you like.

Rosa can one heal this if your timing's good. Give her Wrath so that she's doing her magic blink heal a lot. You shouldn't need to single target heal.

Bartz can use Snowspell Strike and Frost Strike, and shouldn't need to rely on Soul Breaks at all. He won't beat Squall's DPS, but he can get the job done, especially if he's legend dived.

It'll take a lot of tries before you can get the execution sorted out, but that ought to work. Consider swapping out Onion Fellow for another healer if Rosa can't get the job done by herself.

Don't forget wind resist gear; it helps considerably.

Edit: Oh wait, you have an ice chain. Drop Bartz and use whoever has that. You may want to feed that person meter for the opener damage, but it will reset the chain combo meter.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 3, 2018

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Washout posted:

Ok I'll draw on banner 5 tonight and save the rest for the onion man

2/11?
Marche USB
Warrior of Light BSB

Either one any good?

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
I also dollar pulled Seymour's chain, we should start a club.

I was initially dismayed to see Rubicante show up in the rematch dungeons until I realized how much my water game has improved since the last time he rolled around. Watching a fully dived Tidus blitzball him in his stupid red face was immensely satisfying.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Remember when I got two Chicken Knifes? Well I just got two Burglar Swords.

This game is literally throwing all the broken poo poo at me right now. Let's see if this trend continues with Onion Knight. It probably won't.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

3/11

Seymour Chain, Ramza BSB2, and Golbez BSB (Dupe).

Finally, a Shout.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Washout posted:

2/11?
Marche USB
Warrior of Light BSB

Either one any good?

Marche's USB is awesome and the BSB is probably more useful to you now if you don't have many abilities honed but they'll swing back the other way as you get farther into the game

Andante
Jul 3, 2008

Ybrik posted:

Marche's USB is awesome and the BSB is probably more useful to you now if you don't have many abilities honed but they'll swing back the other way as you get farther into the game

I got Marche's USB, hooray!

But I don't have Marche, and he doesn't seem to be in the Annex? How do I unlock him?

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

They usually take a few weeks to add people to the hero soul/memory crystal 1 and 2 list after their respective events. You'll just have to wait for that to happen.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
1/11 TGC BSB. Worst pull of the fest, but all of them after the 6* lucky have been not great for me.

Wish I could have that 200 mythril back.

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

synthetik posted:

How quick does gil come? As a newbie, can i screw myself by spending gil on upgrading and combining equipment?

Gil can be a bottle neck for the first few months playing this game and then it becomes basically irrelevant. If you have doubts, ask us if it's worth it to combine something. When you're new, the answer is usually no.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the game took 50 myth from me and spat out a dupe koga blade.

worst pull since g11 not even kidding.

Griz
May 21, 2001

I only had one 6* dupe (holy chain) so I pulled once on each banner

1: Yda BSB
2: 3x Gladiolus BSB
3: Cloud BSB2, dupe Zack BSB
4: Lightning USB
5: Shadow BSB, dupe Raines BSB

... not great, but at least it wasn't a bunch of dupes and LMRs for characters with nothing else.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

6* LD: Yuna USB, Fran USB, Aranea OSB
Banner 1: Krile CSB, Refia USB, Krile BSB, Braska bSB
Banner 2: Tifa OSB/LMR, Ursula BSB
Banner 3: dupe Alphinaud BSB, Yuffie LMR, Zack LMR
Banner 5: Marche USB, 2x Shadow BSB

Only 1 chain, but Marche USB is a pretty good consolation prize

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Hmm, earth weakness boss...

Not my slickest kill, but I managed it. Can't ignore the ogre mages, everyone casts some pretty strong magic if you don't buff/debuff accordingly.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 3, 2018

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Heal: Eiko USB, Vanille BSB (dupe)
Burst: Curilla BSB
6* LD: Ace USB, Prompto USB, Maria OSB
P1: Locke CSB, Locke LMR
P2: skip
P3: Zack LMR, Tidus CSB
P4: Snow CSB (100 gem)
P5: skip

Pretty happy with this haul :)

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I drew, Tifa's LMR

welp

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Let's see how I did:

Lucky Draws:

Heal: skipped
Burst: skipped
6*: Agrias OSB, Garnet USB
P1: skipped
P2: skipped
P3: (2 pulls) Zack BSB (dupe), Yuffie LM, Tidus BSB, Cloud USB
P4: (1 pull) Gaffgarion LM, Squall LM, Lightning BSB, Edea BSB (dupe)
P5: skipped, but Seymour CSB on dollar draw

For 175 Mythril plus $5, I actually did okay. Everything past Cloud USB and Seymour CSB is gravy- I'd have paid the cost for those two alone.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Heal: Skip
Burst: Squall BSB2, Edgar BSB, Gau BSB
6*: Delita USB, Faris USB1
Fire: Yda BSB, Vivi BSB2 (dupe)
Earth: Tifa LMR, Ingus BSB
Wind/Water: Alphinaud BSB, Yuffie BSB2
Lightning/Ice: Skip
Holy/Dark: Skip

I still don't have a single CSB.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Heal: Skip
Burst: Gladiolus BSB, Shantotto BSB
6* Terra USB, Laguna USB
Fire: Skip
Earth: Dollar pull Ingus CSB
Wind/Water: Tidus CSB, Alphinaud BSB, dupe Cloud BSB2 /22
Lightning/Ice: Snow CSB /11
Limelit Stage: Dollar pull Edward USB
Holy: Skip

This fest went super well, even though my volume of relics was a bit low.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 3, 2018

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Oh yeah forgot about the half draws

uhh Think It was
Heal: Lenna SSB, Penelo USB
Burst: Laguna BSB, Edgar BSB, Khimari BSB
6*: Squall USB, Edea USB

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

My lucky draws were better than my fest pulls.

Healer: Deuce USB, Penelo BSB2, Rosa BSB(dupe), Sarah SSB
BSB: GogoV BSB, Reynn BSB, Refia BSB(dupe)
6*: Mog USB, Refia USB, Faris USB1

Banner 2: Ingus BSB
Banner 4: Shelke BSB, Lightning BSB2(dupe)

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I made out with Krile chain, Rinoa chain, a decently-complete Squall (LMR, BSB2, had OSB), and a variety of BSBs I'm getting varying amounts of use from. I spent 400 myth on the fest, so I'm not rear end over tits happy, but lots of holes in my teams have been plugged so I can't complain too hard.

In other news, gently caress the Ogre Mages to hell and back.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Some good pulls tonight. Very tempting.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
I said I'd skip Phase 5, but I took a good look through the relics and realized I would've liked having most of those, with only two dupes on the banner. I'll just do onnnee pull:

Well now I'm REALLY happy with my fest haul

I have both dark chains now... too bad they can't stack with each other...

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Healer: skip
Burst: Seymour 1, Thancred 2, Larsa
6*: Cecil OSB, dupe Ace USB
Banner 1: skip
Banner 2: skip
Banner 3: skip
Banner 4 (one pull): Kain chain, Lightning USB, dupe Edea BSB
Banner 5: pending (was intending to skip it but now I'm weighing the benefits of it compared to waiting for Orlandeau USB...)

Was disappointed in my 6* lucky draw result but getting two discos from one pull on the festival proper (including Lightning USB which I've been chasing for a while) made up for a lot. Getting a new chain, a high-tier USB, and Larsa BSB for 100 mythril spent total feels like a pretty good haul. Went 0/5 on 100 gem pulls though, starting to wonder why I bother with those even though I basically never do them outside of festivals.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 3, 2018

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Got Ramza/WoL BSBs. I guess I have a hastega now!

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I spent 400 mythril for Butts and Cloud USB and Fire & Lit chains. Some other stuff too.

Went well, can't ask for more.

Still have 600 mythril for other things.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So now that the Fest is over I'm feeling like I shored up my Ice weakness nicely. Rinoa Chain/BSB and Squall got his LM to go with his BSB2 from last fest. Should be great once I dive Squall. Now my weakest element is Lightning, for which I have Lightning USB/BSB and not much else.

Nothing really jumps out to me as a solution now that the Kain Chain is gone. FFIX banner two for Garnet stuff might be something I guess? Otherwise I guess I can wait for the 3rd Anniversary Fest in three months. But banner 2 is riddled with Squall dupes, more stuff for Lightning and another shot at Kain Chain.

What is everyone else running for lightning teams? There doesn't seem to be a ton of obvious standouts aside from "Lightning and her stuff is good".

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Ashe's top tier lit USB is up for grabs right now. Desch USB on limelit is nice.

Unavailable options are Shantotto's stuff, Orlando's "OSB", Reno USB. Rapha is fine too. One of Delita USB elements is lightning.

If you can't find party members just use entrusters and force feed gauge to Lightning. You have triple castspeed and can vomit out SBs all day.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Up to 7/8 sub-30 magicite! Mostly thanks to my new toys Rinoa BSB and Snow CSB. Spent way too much time trying to make Ayame work as a DPS though, switching her out made those blinks much more manageable.

Bartz was the rest of my dps spamming SSS to build meter.

Living Flame is my last one.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Heal Banner: Aerith USB Ovelia USB Minwu SSB
Burst Banner: Gladiolus and Cid IV BSB
6* Banner: Terra OSB
Fire Banner: Krile BSB
Earth Banner: skip
Wind/Water Banner: Edge BSB from dollar pull, Another Edge BSB + Fujin BSB + Cloud USB from two mithril pulls
Lightning/Ice banner: Kain Chain
Holy/Dark banner: skip, Warrior of Light LMR from dollar pull

I went 1/11 a lot but I got some nice things with no dupes other than the two Edge BSBs. Wish I had more mithril socked away for the OK banner though

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

BSB lucky: Gordon bsb
6* lucky: Curilla USB, Marach USB, Ingus CSB
P3 100 gem: Zack lmr
P5 100 gem: Shadow BSB (dupe)
P5 pull: marche USB, Raines BSB x2, Seymour LMR

Total: 100 myth and $5 to get the item I wanted second most this fest (marche USB) and a lot of interesting options. I already have gotten good work out of zack's LMR tag-teaming with his BSB, and Ingus chain seems like it'll be a hero vs any earth weak MP boss.

Unfortunately, marach USB is super redundant for me given my array of lightning options, Curilla USB seems neat but it's all I've got for her and it's my worst realm, and Gordon bsb seems like a real bad result for 25 myth.

Overall, I just didn't have enough myth to make a run at stuff this fest (blew it all on FFTA-1) so I'm very happy with what I did get for what I spent. Still have 50 myth left for a shot at OK USBs.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My kinda sad haul:

Lucky Healer: Aphmau USB
Lucky Burst: Squall BSB2 (dupe)
Lucky 6*: Rydia USB
Banner 1: Braska BSB
Banner 2: Tifa OSB
Banner 3: Kimahri USB (100 gem)
Banner 4: trash (100 gem)
Banner 5: trash (100 gem)

All my pulls were 1/11 and I pretty much wasted 300 gems. :v:

e: Vivi would you PLEASE find your RM1b already??

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
I also 100 gem'd Seymour's Chain. +Dark stick too, hot drat

Is there a decent site to look up what each person has for Legend Materia? The dualcast ones are covered heavily but I struggle finding info on others. As far as I can tell, Seymour chases ST dark attacks (summons need not apply for some reason) with some drain spell?

• Locked thread