Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Brad’s too good for them.

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Unrelated to Giant bomb but Eurogamer's top 50 list has mass effect above persona 5. lol All these gaming sites suck

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

vaginal facsimile posted:

Unrelated to Giant bomb but Eurogamer's top 50 list has mass effect above persona 5. lol All these gaming sites suck

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I appreciate that brad admitted he scored it too high because a lot of sites gave it like 8/10s and junk.

Scoring systems friggin suck cause a game had to be insanely bad to get under a 75

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In a great piece earlier this year, Chris Thursten called it the immersive simulation's Paul McCartney, a straight-edge artist for the broader audience. I couldn't listen to Paul McCartney for 100 hours straight. Can the next one be the immersive sim's Buckethead, please?

Soral
May 30, 2009

there's more than a handful of good gay romance visual novels that came out this year and only one of them had voice acting that sounded like it was recorded in a loving gymnasium with a microphone made out of a tin can and that was mother flipping Dream Daddy, one of giant bomb dot com's top 10 games of the year. a visual novel with only two hooks, annoying minigames and le epic youtuber voice actors who recorded their lines in an empty warehouse using their nokia flip phone

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Soral posted:

there's more than a handful of good gay romance visual novels that came out this year and only one of them had voice acting that sounded like it was recorded in a loving gymnasium with a microphone made out of a tin can and that was mother flipping Dream Daddy, one of giant bomb dot com's top 10 games of the year. a visual novel with only two hooks, annoying minigames and le epic youtuber voice actors who recorded their lines in an empty warehouse using their nokia flip phone

i just feel its very good

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

it's very good

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Soral posted:

what were the other ones

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Just got to the bit of day two where Abby calls the Nier soundtrack "generic JRPG" and I'm dying

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

Just got to the bit of day two where Abby calls the Nier soundtrack "generic JRPG" and I'm dying

Me at that point:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bump_fn posted:

what were the other ones

your post history :flame:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I just noticed East did what looks to be a play through of Yakuza 0 so I guess I know what I'm watching instead of the deliberation videos

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/giantbomb/comments/7n48kb/i_really_loved_dan_in_this_years_deliberations/drz20xr/

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mp5 posted:

I just noticed East did what looks to be a play through of Yakuza 0 so I guess I know what I'm watching instead of the deliberation videos

im not sure its quite as good as the shenmue play thru but its really good and made me wanna get yakuza0

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

holy poo poo brads on the microphone in the rock band video and this completely redeems GOTY

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Dans arguments against dream daddy were right and correct

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

its the only argument anyone made about anything

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

im never gonna listen what were they

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Fluffdaddy posted:

holy poo poo brads on the microphone in the rock band video and this completely redeems GOTY

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

bump_fn posted:

im never gonna listen what were they

Abby kept saying how genre defining Dream daddy is when nobody in the room had played another VN before, so how could they know that

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

bump_fn posted:

im not sure its quite as good as the shenmue play thru but its really good and made me wanna get yakuza0

Yeah but there was no way I was gonna buy Shenmue and I've been seriously tempted to get a PS4 Pro after this year of games, specifically Yakuza

so I mean maybe this will just save me 400 bucks

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Abby kept saying how genre defining Dream daddy is when nobody in the room had played another VN before, so how could they know that

lmao what the gently caress

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Auld Lang Zone

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

lol

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
https://twitter.com/tamoorh/status/...%2F1100-5720%2F

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
jeff did three old game streams over the break

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7kZQVIZt8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvwlg-IdKkg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To8Mjo8l8eI

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at the clerks statement

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

It's sick they got Yoko Taro to do a list

i just read this and lold at his inside and undertale blurbs

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

lmao i am an hour into this weeks bombcast and it is only about pubg and pubg type games. christ

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

lmao i am an hour into this weeks bombcast and it is only about pubg and pubg type games. christ

they started talking about old internet and i heard the phrase endless september which is something i havent heard about in probably a decade

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

i just read this and lold at his inside and undertale blurbs

I get why he liked Undertale, it also had similar save game fuckery that western devs are too scared to embrace

I think Kojima once said in an interview that he wanted to make a way for a game to destroy the disc it was playing on but Sony would never let him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

what do i even listen to now that goty is over