Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Moniker posted:

Best part of the night last night https://youtu.be/-vY8DmzGGzw

Is there a baba booey in there or something? I aint watching a 5 minute marriage video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

JB50 posted:

Is there a baba booey in there or something? I aint watching a 5 minute marriage video.

I watched a couple minutes and the groom does part of the Gary Tape.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I don't know why her boyfriend waited 18 years to propose, and finally got married when she was 39 and had a brain tumor.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Look at this human anus

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Is it too late for me to rank my favorite wack pack, too late.

5. Original Bigfoot; I was obsessed with this guy before I even started listening to the show. I just kept seeing him show up in movies and tv and remember being confused and amazed with his career.
4. Wendy; She has never failed to make me laugh when she comes on air. She's amazing.
3. New Bigfoot; This guy has a nightmare of a life, and I listen to every new update with shock.
2. Riley Martin; Awesome voice, incredible life, great gimmick.
1. Beet; Reigning King of the Wack Pack.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Wackpack top five:

1 Hank: everything he did was gold: "GO HAVE SEX WITH JESUS CHRIST YOU human being"!!
2 Bigfoot: "So when you have sex with your girlfriend Danielle, she just holds her penis out of the way"? ... "She hold it out of the way it is"
3 Gary The Retard: He's just a lovable guy
4 ETM: I guess I'm like the stern haters they mentioned in Private Parts. Hated him, but wanted to hear what he said next. Also loved it when they completely antagonized him...... Zero. Point. ZERO.
5 Daniel Carver: I disagree with pretty much everything he says, but...... gently caress, he's entertaining in some weird way that I can't explain.

Honorable mention: High Pitch Eric. Jesus christ he's a human cockroach. I guess when I listen to his hosed up poo poo, I can feel better about myself.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

wesleywillis posted:

Daniel Carver: I disagree with pretty much everything he says, but...... gently caress, he's entertaining in some weird way that I can't explain.

What are the things he's said that you agree with?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
How has literally no one mentioned Crackhead Bob?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Coheed and Camembert posted:

I kinda feel like you have to be an older listener to appreciate him since he wasn't around much in the Sirius years. Kinda like how most of us prefer Hank over ETM.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:mad:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

1 Hank: He could be near-death drunk, and still kick Gary's rear end at Rock And Roll trivia... WHILE being hilarious.

2 The Beet: just love this guy, how can you not love him?

3 Sour Shoes: most laughs I've gotten out the show for a long time now

4 Ronnie Mund: possibly the most dysfunctional staffer, keeps trying to think, but nothing happens.

5 Angry Alice: Easily one of the most sympathetic whack packers, but hilarious when she gets cranked up.

Honorable mentions go to: Sal, Kenneth Keith Kallenbach, Elephant Boy, Wendy, Daniel Carver.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Look at this human anus

Wait, is that Luh-Met?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Wait, is that Luh-Met?

Before his on-air meltdown, yes. I'm not sure he's been seen since.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sand Monster posted:

Can you expand on this meltdown? Who is that and what happened?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

BiggerBoat posted:

What are the things he's said that you agree with?

Well, there ain't much, but not everything he spews out is racist bullshit.

This is the only one I can come up with offhand, but there are a few other instances. Few being a key word......
https://youtu.be/mkbiSs5a3rQ?t=56

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 2, 2018

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Can you expand on this meltdown? Who is that and what happened?

He had an on air meltdown after Howard was busting his balls for chasing married women on Tinder and pretending to be younger than he actually is to find them. He ended up leaving the studio and hiding in the bathroom so they would leave him alone.

He has been on one time since the meltdown and they goofed on it for a few seconds but then moved on to whatever topic it was he was presenting.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Wow, and women on the show have been raving about how good looking he is?

Looks very girly to me... Throw a long wig and some makeup on, and I might gently caress him.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Well if you compare him to the guys who work on the show he probably looks like Adonis.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Squashy Nipples posted:

Looks very girly to me... Throw a long wig and some makeup on, and I might gently caress him.

Lol what the gently caress.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I think his last time on air was the Lenny Dykstra embedded, which was loving nuts.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Listening to more 1994... holy poo poo, was this show vicious. I had forgotten how completely savage Quivers could be.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

I was never a fan. I enjoyed some of the calls they used his voice on, and he had a few good appearances, but thats it IMO.

For me rating the wack pack boils down to repeatability.
The thing with most wack pack bits is that they are good for a listen or two, but then just become sad and or annoying.

So based on that, Sour Shoes has the most replay value for me, followed by ETM then Hank.
Hank had such a short run tho, that the material is very limited...but each appearance is a home run.

Also a short run, but good replay value is the Jesus Twins.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Those guys were stunning from the very beginning, and their manager might have been even better.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Twins first appearance is lightning in a bottle. Incredible. Has to be one of the best guest entrances in show biz history: "This is the only show where you gotta get past a stutterer, a monkey, and a gorilla to get into the studio. Hey Crackhead, get outta here."

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

kylej posted:

Jesus Twins first appearance is lightning in a bottle. Incredible.

Would you say it has paramount value?

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001
Everyone who desecrates the vision of the Jesus Twins learned a very important lesson today:

That the Jesus Twins are for real and that I am not mentally insane for taking them on.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Sand Monster posted:

That's compromisable.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sand Monster posted:

Anything other than the Jesus Twins is superfluous.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I was never a fan. I enjoyed some of the calls they used his voice on, and he had a few good appearances, but thats it IMO.

The thing with most wack pack bits is that they are good for a listen or two, but then just become sad and or annoying.

So based on that, Sour Shoes has the most replay value for me, followed by ETM then Hank.
Hank had such a short run tho, that the material is very limited...but each appearance is a home run.

This is exactly how I feel. A good wack packer bit is the depth of it all. Ironically enough, Eric's 12 year saga of acting, lying, complaining, quitting, and rejoining the show was always way better than a silly one-off goof with Crackhead Bob or someone similar.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

I mean watch it for like 30 seconds man. You don't have to watch the whole thing.

Sidenote: Did anyone notice that Rahsaan wasn't on the Wrap Up Show today? They didn't mention him either. I wonder if he was kicked off the show or fired? Usually the less they mention the more is going on.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I couldn't agree more. I hated whenever they brought in John the Stutterer because it was the exact same bit each time and it went on forever (though I do appreciate his rock star hair.)

5. - Crazy Alice - Her fights with Artie were amazing. Also - the time she called Jackie a bald human being and Fred nearly died laughing.
4. - Riley - The negotiations bit was overdone towards the end but he was usually a home run whenever he came on.
3. - Bigfoot - Always amazing whenever they brought him in.
2. - ETM: Yeah it was mostly Fratto's shtick to get on the air, but it was entertaining as hell.
1. - Sour Shoes: So many songs have been ruined for me because I now think of the Sour version, like "I was made for loving Steve Langford"

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

DeadBonesBrook posted:

5. - Crazy Alice - Her fights with Artie were amazing. Also - the time she called Jackie a bald human being and Fred nearly died laughing.

gently caress THAT MUTHAFUCKA TO HELL!!!!!!!

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

So Gary got a DNA test and he's 11% Middle Eastern and 11% Sephardic Jew. I wonder what the other 78% is.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Moniker posted:

I mean watch it for like 30 seconds man. You don't have to watch the whole thing.

Sidenote: Did anyone notice that Rahsaan wasn't on the Wrap Up Show today? They didn't mention him either. I wonder if he was kicked off the show or fired? Usually the less they mention the more is going on.

reddit speculation seems to be he got let go around Christmas. Apparently he used to have show/Sirius-related stuff on his Twitter profile that is no longer there. He was abysmally bad and never seemed to get the show, it's a rare net gain for the show in this aspect.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Those are the same Reddit speculators who swore they had double secret information that Scott Salem was fired.

The Rahsaan thing might be totally true (Gary/Marci will have to find someone to do Sternthology but probably any intern could do that job) but Reddit gets things wrong just as often as they are right.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Top 5 wack packers

- Eric the Midget
- Derek from Texas
- Romeo Blues
- Eric the Liar
- Eric the Songwriter

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

reddit speculation seems to be he got let go around Christmas. Apparently he used to have show/Sirius-related stuff on his Twitter profile that is no longer there. He was abysmally bad and never seemed to get the show, it's a rare net gain for the show in this aspect.

I use Reddit but they're a bunch of idiots.

I'm not positive he had any Sirius related info on his Twitter. I believe if he was taken off the air, he still works for Sirius. I did appreciate that he never seemed to blindly agree with Howard's opinion like 100% of the rest of the staff.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Once I start to smell the writers "helping" a show character with their bit, I get disinterested pretty quickly, and with a lot of the Wack Packers, there have been calls/bits where the premise is so obviously cooked up by someone in the back office.

The thing that is so pure and wonderful about Eric is that to believe any of it's fake (other than the weird Johnny Fratto period where they had him saying anything to get on the air and plug his ventures), you'd basically have to buy into him pulling an Andy Kaufman-esque grand facade, even going so far as to tank his appearances on actual television shows.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

an AOL chatroom posted:

Once I start to smell the writers "helping" a show character with their bit, I get disinterested pretty quickly, and with a lot of the Wack Packers, there have been calls/bits where the premise is so obviously cooked up by someone in the back office.

The thing that is so pure and wonderful about Eric is that to believe any of it's fake (other than the weird Johnny Fratto period where they had him saying anything to get on the air and plug his ventures), you'd basically have to buy into him pulling an Andy Kaufman-esque grand facade, even going so far as to tank his appearances on actual television shows.

A lot of Eric was fake, my dude. And his Fratto period lasted most of his time on the show, he hooked up with Fratto before they even went to satellite if I remember correctly.

The realest stuff about Eric was when they would offer him things that would impact him in real life and he'd gently caress up the decision (flying with balloons, the Emmys, acting gigs, etc). Stuff like calling in the hit was enormously fake and dreamed up by Fratto, it was just funny because of how Eric would stumble through them and try to make it seem serious and real. Again, this is why I never hated on Fratto because he was the puppeteer behind a ton of funny poo poo with Eric. Eric was far too dull and uncreative to ever be like that on his own, Fratto knew what to do (!) to make him funny.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jan 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

wesleywillis posted:

gently caress THAT MUTHAFUCKA TO HELL!!!!!!!

Hi Fred