Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
The second one's lit in such a way that make them seem like high res screen shots. Nice work all around really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

quote:

gotta go fat

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Junkrat ft. Special guest: Doomfist

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jade from Beyond Good & Evil

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

:swoon:

Most of those are spot on but for whatever reason I'm especially impressed by the Solas.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

RareAcumen posted:

Junkrat ft. Special guest: Doomfist

I don't usually creep on cosplayers but.... who is this beautiful junky boy? :love:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
HORNK SMUNSH

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Looks like a Warcraft character.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Nah, Warcraft characters are a lot prettier

Edit: okay, that's one step I didn't consider
https://twitter.com/SKSProps/status/936585004175560704

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Whoah.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

Right? I think I woke up the morning after next to that once in my 20s...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I have asked time and again for people to not dox my ex-wife. Mods!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Nah, Warcraft characters are a lot prettier

That's the Horde symbol on the right gauntlet. That there is a Warcraft Orc.

e: I'm sleep deprived and dumb and missed your point.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Wocket Waccoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTFAV6oriz0

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Captain Invictus posted:

Those poor pets. I've never met a dog or cat who is totally cool with having full head coverings put on them, let alone full body costumes. They must be either very well trained, or writhed out of them alright after those photos

Dressing Your Dog up as Boba Fett is Something You Have to Devote a Full Weekend to

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ganson posted:

Right? I think I woke up the morning after next to that once in my 20s...

that's probably too old to be sleeping in your mother's bed :/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Hyperlynx posted:

That's the Horde symbol on the right gauntlet. That there is a Warcraft Orc.

e: I'm sleep deprived and dumb and missed your point.

Dude you can't just call someone's ex wife a horde.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dude you can't just call someone's ex wife a horde.

You can mine, because it's true, so it's not fake news.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

that's probably too old to be sleeping in your mother's bed :/

:drat:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUMX6hsvbO4

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Hahaha I still don't know how they thought that was going to look good. They have such a dainty gait.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It might work if they only did shots where it was full out running.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
shaggy had sex with that dog i knew it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A cosplayer suits up. The video plays at double speed because it's a long process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VreqtltV6w

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A fursuit that doesn't fill me with desire to soak it in gasoline and torch (with the owner inside)!
what strange new miracles does this cosplay culture bring?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The detail inside the costume that you don't see is also insanely impressive. She modeled all the individual muscles in the legs. :psyduck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsr_CZOhP7c&t=448s

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I kinda want to stage a furcon with this quality of stuff just to shame fursuiters.
"And they haven't even built it for sexual gratification! "

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I kinda want to stage a furcon with this quality of stuff just to shame fursuiters.
"And they haven't even built it for sexual gratification! "

You can't shame them, it'd only encourage them.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You don't know depression like I do, if you actually have professional grade artisans to compare your sad garage made stuff to you tend to go "gently caress it".

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

RareAcumen posted:

Jade from Beyond Good & Evil

That one sucks, Jade isn't even white!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Er, skin color shouldn't matter when cosplaying. I mean, yeah, it's convenient when you're Asian and cosplaying an Asian character, but denying the quality of a cosplay getup because the person isn't the appropriate skin color seems to be missing the point a bit.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

biracial bear for uncut posted:

That one sucks, Jade isn't even white!

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Captain Invictus posted:

Er, skin color shouldn't matter when cosplaying. I mean, yeah, it's convenient when you're Asian and cosplaying an Asian character, but denying the quality of a cosplay getup because the person isn't the appropriate skin color seems to be missing the point a bit.

It shouldn't, but it does. And my post is a complaint of yet another minority character being whitewashed by dozens of cosplayers. Here is an article that explains it better.

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/to-white-cosplayers-who-cosplay-as-poc-characters

quote:

I always get massively uncomfortable whenever I see white cosplayers cosplaying as people of color characters. I am not talking about white cosplayers committing cultural appropriation but, rather, white cosplayers who choose to dress up as a character who also happens to be a person of color. What often occurs is an aggressive, colorblind approach to POC characters and, within their cosplay, they completely and effectively erase the racial identity of these representations. To them, they are treating POC characters as if their race is negligible—a very humanistic approach. However, racial representation in media is extremely, extremely important to a lot of minorities. Very rarely do we ever see characters on television or in movies that look like us. That cultural and ethnic background associated with that character does not magically disappear. Even if it is not explicitly delved into, that cultural and ethnic background associated with that character does not magically disappear. It becomes both problematic and oppressive when white cosplayers adopt those racialized identities. Even if it may not seem entirely fair for me to say this, you could cosplay as any of the hundreds upon hundreds of white characters written for you. Instead, you choose the few people of color characters in existence.

This really isn’t a matter of being petty or possessive; this is a complicated issue. White people cosplaying as GoGo Tamgo (an Asian-American woman) from "Big Hero 6," Princess Tatiana (the first black princess ever in Disney) or Korra (an Asian-American woman) from "Legend of Korra" is inherently problematic. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and feels both inappropriate and disrespectful. Systematic racism makes it extraordinarily difficult for people of color to gain any sort of visibility in pop culture to begin with. When white people jump in, ready to cosplay as us, it diminishes the importance of those accomplishments because those characters either become white-washed (and their racial identity is lost) or violent acts of blackface/brownface/yellowface are committed. It intensely disadvantages and further marginalizes us. Having people of color characters to cosplay as is a safe zone; it’s the one place where we are allowed to come as ourselves when many, many POCS get harassed for cosplaying as white characters. "How dare Sailor Moon be black!" "Cinderella is supposed to be white!" "Steven Universe can’t be Asian!" It feels like an intrusion into a safe space and a violent intrusion at that.

People of color should not have to only cosplay as people of color characters, but many people of color are not physically safe to cosplay as white characters. Harassment. Physical violence. Racial epithets. For people of color to traverse racial boundaries by cosplaying as white characters is to traverse literature and media that seek to make us invisible. It is a revolutionary act that turns the normative white male or female character on its head because many of these characters represented by white faces easily could have been a person of color. It is not unconventional, nor is it a pioneering act when white people cosplay as people of color. It has been happening for years. It traverses racial boundaries, but in an extremely violent way that mimics the blatant racism of blackface, brownface, and yellowface. It is not an act of rebellion against oppressive, racist standards. It is inevitable that this article will be read and the only thing taken away from it is that I am “forbidding” white cosplayers from embodying their favorite characters. What I am instead proposing is that white cosplayers recognize that they are invading a safe zone. I encourage white cosplayers to acknowledge their privilege in their ability to cosplay as both white and people of color characters without endangering themselves. I also urge white cosplayers to rethink their cosplays, and be mindful of the consequences of embodying a person of color character.

Some Pinko Commie has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Jan 3, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just don't, your argument is stupid.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Arguing that the perceptions of POC regarding white people co-opting minority characters don't matter is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
"If you want to dress up as your favorite character, you drat well better make sure you share a race" is a really lovely message to send.