Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My personal opinion is that this game sucks and always has.

If you disagree that's ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

QuasiQuack posted:

Did they implement dedicated server yet?

They just did an open beta test of the dedicated servers and it went super well, so those should hopefully be out soon.

Otherwise, balance, eh?

Be zen about things, lawdy.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

People say the base characters aren't fun or viable but Lawbringer is in the base set so I dunno what they're talking about.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
Is this game worth buying on sale? I have considered buying it a few times at 50% off but its almost 70% off now.

-67% C$ 119.99 C$ 39.60

39.60 Canadian

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
No. It's worth 20 dollars for everything.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Trogdor_666 posted:

Is this game worth buying on sale? I have considered buying it a few times at 50% off but its almost 70% off now.

-67% C$ 119.99 C$ 39.60

39.60 Canadian

I'd say it's worth it. Season 5 releases tomorrow, with a wealth of balance changes and dedicated servers.

It's a great game. $40 CAD for the game and season pass is a great deal. Maybe don't buy the season pass just yet though - it unlocks all the dlc heroes who you otherwise have to pay for, but try the regular version first and see how you like it. The DLC heroes aren't crazy overpowered compared to the main cast.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
ok great gold edition for 40 bucks includes the dlcs :)
I was mostly leaning away because no dedicated servers but they are adding them now? great.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

No. It's worth 20 dollars for everything.

39 CAD is approximately 20 USD :P so sounds worth it.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

^^ closer to thirty but it's a $10 delta either way

Yeah the game was a bit rough when it launched but honestly post launch support has been great. And there's still genuinely no other game quite like it, at least not with the same production values! I'm happy it's popularized the concept of 3D fighting games without fighting game type combos :v:

The team's a tad slow at implementing balance changes, but that poo poo takes time.

What platform are you playing on?

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Huh, checked out the season 5 patch notes, this might make me come back actually. I somehow fell in love with the Kensei but uuuh, it was a bit rough before. Now that they are reworking the class it might not feel like hitting your head against a wall repeatedly! :v:

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
I am playing PC. I am pretty sure I am about to grab it and remote home (at work) and start the download.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
I got it, I don't see the room for this in the goon discord though.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
Ok well when I get home I'll have the game. I am on PC. I do not see a room for this on the goon discord did it get removed? Also what is a good character to start with?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Trogdor_666 posted:

Ok well when I get home I'll have the game. I am on PC. I do not see a room for this on the goon discord did it get removed? Also what is a good character to start with?

Huh. there definitely used to be one, but I don't see it on mine anymore either. Not sure there's really a huge goon population left though.

What's your uplay? I mostly play on PS4 but started on PC.

Not available tonight I'm afraid.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 15, 2018

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
I only game on PC.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I have For Honor on both platforms

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
What faction should I be picking on PC?[

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Trogdor_666 posted:

What faction should I be picking on PC?[

It doesn't make any difference besides what shape your icon is (knights get a shield shape, vikings get a circle, samurais get a rectangle) and you get more bonus microtransaction currency based on what rank your faction is in territories owned at the end of each round of the Risk game but that's totally random and unpredictable. There's no bonus to lcharacter level progression for the knight characters if you pick the knight faction or anything like that.

That said the knights have a volcano in one of their Risk territories so they're the best.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 15, 2018

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

It's worth noting that with season 5 you'll get more experience, steel, or uh, more troops I think if you control certain territories in the faction war, but no it doesn't really matter in general. Knights are definitely the best though.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Oh yeah the game is fun and I fire it up for a couple rounds every few days but prepare to lose a lot until you develop the muscle memory to mash the guard break button as soon as your opponent does so that you can escape the guard break.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I don't see it on sale on steam and I still don't know if the dedicated servers are a thing, so for now, fuuuck this game, im not touching it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the dedicated servers are apparently releasing literally tomorrow. No guess on my part whether they will work out the gate though.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I was wrong about that unfortunately! Season 5 is releasing today, dedicated servers come online on the 19th.

The open beta for the dedicated servers went really well though

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Came back to the game today with a few friends to try it out and it's still every bit as fun-strating as last time, getting back into the flow was iffy at first but I picked it up fairly quickly. I'd say I'm below average when it comes to this game and I was being matchmade against people who I actually stood a chance against which was a nice surprise - I'd assumed that only a hardcore playerbase was left so I'd be trounced at every turn. I mean, I then ran up against a prestige 89 dude who took on three of us without an issue so it's not perfect, but it's not bad either

I only play Warden and I have no clue what to do against flying neck-biting shamans, their leap attack seems to span half a map and comes out ridiculously fast

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Temperature test pre-reinstall, having not played since release: Is the Fat Man any good yet? Because he’s the best, but felt so bad once you met non-stupid or vortex-capable people.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

The fat man is not the strongest hero by any means and he's also one of the few heros you have to play very defensively with. Your parry game needs to be on point, and being good about reading your opponents is critical.

Trying out the new kensei and honestly not in love. Simple enough to understand - your top heavy can be cancelled into literally anything else, but I find it so hard to play well using him.

Shame too - maybe I'll finally put my efforts into learning the Warden though! I've always loved her customizations at higher levels but never got great at the vortex.

Lawbringer is still bae though

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I haven't played this game since season 1 but I'm actually having fun.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I'm really glad that a parry no longer chains into a free guard break. I feel like I can actually throw out attacks and not get immediately destroyed for it.

ADTerminal
Jun 1, 2011

moosecow333 posted:

I'm really glad that a parry no longer chains into a free guard break. I feel like I can actually throw out attacks and not get immediately destroyed for it.

They took this away? :argh:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

moosecow333 posted:

This a step to the Right Direction and I'm glad of it

How's the Kensei rework? He's the only character that really appeals to me as a katana enthusiast

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Minorkos posted:

How's the Kensei rework? He's the only character that really appeals to me as a katana enthusiast

Well he still doesn't have any fedora or trenchcoat cosmetics, so you're out of luck.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

moosecow333 posted:

this. the amount of damage you got off that guard break was nuts cuz you could just toss someone into the wall or worse off the ledge.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
I can't play this game anymore.

It doesn't suck I just lost all my understanding of how to win fights and the new party mechanics are conflicting with months of muscle memory.

I'm a mess at this now at it's very frustrating.

Getting absolutely slaughtered with champs I was king with.

I'm not angry they changed things and I'm glad people are coming back but dammit change is hard! :smith:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I haven't played this game since season 1 but I'm actually having fun.

:same: I finally feel like a a class clicked for me, been having a lot of fun with Nobushi. It's great when I'm not getting utterly dominated by some prestige 40 warden, but that's only sometimes.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
How's the valkyrie these days?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Did they make any changes to Zerker? She was my favorite but very difficult to win with as soon as that horrible dumbfucker Centurion was put into the game.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Did they make any changes to Zerker? She was my favorite but very difficult to win with as soon as that horrible dumbfucker Centurion was put into the game.

Yeah the patch they put out last week totally changed berserker along with conquerer and kensei to make them all a lot better, and smaller changes to nobushi and highlander.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

exquisite tea posted:

Zerk got a huge rework, gains uninterruptible hyper armor on light chains and heavy chain finishers are unblockable. YouTube up some videos to get an idea.

Centurion blows now btw. It’s much more difficult for him to get his cutscene beat down going now that he isn’t guaranteed a gb on parries.

Capn Beeb posted:

How's the valkyrie these days?

On console she is not great, but ok, thanks to her 500ms lights. On PC, she is in pretty rough shape, as PC players are able to react faster to the lights. Valk suffers from her chains requiring the 2nd hit to always be a light. If you fight someone who knows this you could be in for a rough time. However, she is such a rare pick that you may not run into players who understand how to counter her move set very often.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Minorkos posted:

Shouldn't you be playing Aramusha, then? Kensei doesn't use a Katana.

I hate myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

New Kensei owns along with the new parry/GB mechanics. He might be the best 1v1 hero now, no joke. His mix ups are insane.