Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Elman posted:

I play EU FPP and the only fishy death I've had was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcEjMSsiVRw

It's hard to believe he spotted us there, and he didn't even hold his breath. He hit my friend a couple of times and myself 3-4, downing me. The way his aim snaps between the two of us (and a third guy maybe?) seems off too, but it could just be replay hijinks.

Still, that's a single weird one in ~40 hours of play.

No es muy falso. I think he is legit. Tough to tell though due to the death cam being an especially janky mess in this instance.

On a different note. Any of you guys tried comparing full auto while holding your breath and without holding your breath. I feel like it might be easier to control if you don't hold your breath which seems crazy to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Got my solo fpp chicken tendies last night with an AWM and a Groza. Groza is a murder machine at 100 yards and under. 3rd place guy got salty over comms all ‘such bs I hope u like getting reported’. Too busy hunting down 2nd to respond but it put a smile on this gamers face.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Is this played with a controller?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

That squad is astoundingly awful.

Incidentally that's two separate squads. You got a finally killed notice on the first guy you downed when the third guy you killed (HONGJUNG919) kills gan459 to finish off that first squad.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

glad to see MeatSims from Perfect Dark are making a comeback

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Your whole Steam account does not get banned. Since it's not a VAC ban, you might not even have means to tell if any given player has been banned in PUBG.

I was wondering about that, I tried to add someone I matched with as a friend, but their username was nowhere in Steam, or in my recent players list. She had an Asian accent though so it made me think that China could access the game, but possibly not everyone who plays is playing through steam.
Is that right?
Is the only way to access the game is with a Steam Acct? (then VAC bans would be more of a deterrent)

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
does this game enable to me to roleplay as a youtube streamer

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

whaley posted:

does this game enable to me to roleplay as a youtube streamer

Sure, just be sure you call out anyone who kills you for being a stream sniper and rant about how you're going to get them banned because you're a BIG TIME STREAMER.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Also, two-time your girl

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Parallel Playa posted:

Also, two-time your girl

I was clicking away from this page and had to come back and give this comment some love.

Nice.

Nice.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

What are some useful Chinese phrases I should know for this game?

My 2 friends and I who regularly squad together get a lot of Chinese randoms as our 4th and they actually play pretty decently, share equipment, and work as a team. I feel bad I can't talk to them. I only know "ni hao" and "xiu xiu."

How would I say "Guy! On the hill!" Or something in Chinese ?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Crane posted:

I was wondering about that, I tried to add someone I matched with as a friend, but their username was nowhere in Steam, or in my recent players list. She had an Asian accent though so it made me think that China could access the game, but possibly not everyone who plays is playing through steam.
Is that right?
Is the only way to access the game is with a Steam Acct? (then VAC bans would be more of a deterrent)

Not sure if Steam is the only way to access the game, and Steam Community functionality is banned in China. Since you create player profiles separately from Steam, it is entirely possible that China had some PC bang style deal or something else in place, and that you are not able to look up on Steam someone using their in-game name. If it is Overwatch Korea early deal style affair then they indeed have very little deterrent from potential cheating. Otherwise, an account ban is an account ban, regardless of anticheat or distribution platforms. VAC bans on Steam are just an extra badge of shame, since they are forced to be visible to anyone on your profile page. Age and status, but not game, however.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

bromplicated posted:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
On the same note I need some better insults to yell at Chinese players while in the lobby. Idealy I'm looking for something the I can say in English that will enrage them.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

daslog posted:

On the same note I need some better insults to yell at Chinese players while in the lobby. Idealy I'm looking for something the I can say in English that will enrage them.

Have you tried "China number [2+]" over and over again

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

daslog posted:

tony ma

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Trabisnikof posted:

Have you tried "China number [2+]" over and over again

Or the old standby, "Taiwan number 1!"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I have begun play this and am SUPER bad. I was pretty decent at APB tho so here's hoping my Old Heavy Watch Hands can be redeemed, in time.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Smythe posted:

I have begun play this and am SUPER bad. I was pretty decent at APB tho so here's hoping my Old Heavy Watch Hands can be redeemed, in time.

Just shoot 'em up and have fun. I still give heart attacks to every person on Discord when my lovely graphics lead me to believe a bush is a person or wind blows my way or something.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Zaodai posted:

:boom:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Zaodai posted:

Taiwan REAL China, Taiwan BEST China.

Works up quite a lather.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Just shoot 'em up and have fun. I still give heart attacks to every person on Discord when my lovely graphics lead me to believe a bush is a person or wind blows my way or something.

thanks op i got second in a game the other day by crawling inthe weeds and shooting people. i also tried to run a guy over but missed and then died. overall a++ experience in this janky rear end game.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Smythe posted:

thanks op i got second in a game the other day by crawling inthe weeds and shooting people. i also tried to run a guy over but missed and then died. overall a++ experience in this janky rear end game.

one of my best runs so far included hiding under a bridge for 90% of the game and then dying as soon as I had to leave

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the best are games where you spend the first 3 circles barely out running/running in the blue, then finally finding a bike and immediately killing yourself on it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tweak posted:

the best are games where you spend the first 3 circles barely out running/running in the blue, then finally finding a bike and immediately killing yourself on it

In my last game I died because I forgot to stand up for sprinting from the blue. Was like 20 metres from the zone too.

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost

Ashrik posted:

Is this played with a controller?

No.

Party Plane Jones posted:

That squad is astoundingly awful.

Incidentally that's two separate squads. You got a finally killed notice on the first guy you downed when the third guy you killed (HONGJUNG919) kills gan459 to finish off that first squad.

That's what I thought, hence "mashing potatoes". Wasn't sure about it being two squads. Made sense given their behavior.

https://youtu.be/oz0kTiEdUVA

Finally got my first chicken dinner solo v. squads. Had 3-4 rounds where I finished #2 yesterday. Also my first Miramar chicken dinner solo, period.

Spent about 5 minutes playing cat and mouse with a squad. Killed 3. Fourth ran away. Had a care package drop on me - the first time I've successfully solo looted a drop. Mk.14 and 8x scope. First time using a Mk. 14. I was terrible with it.

All in all a good time was had. I love this game.

Feral Bueller fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 3, 2018

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it really does look like someone playing with a controller, not in a bad way but it does

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost

hawowanlawow posted:

it really does look like someone playing with a controller, not in a bad way but it does

In what way? I'm always interesting in feedback. I'm not very good at this game. I *am* having fun, and wish to continue improving.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sarcasmatron posted:

In what way? I'm always interesting in feedback. I'm not very good at this game. I *am* having fun, and wish to continue improving.

I guess your mouse sens is really low, so when you pick up your mouse and put it back down it looks like someone making quick movements with the right stick. also, a lot of your aiming looks to be done with WASD

both habits are good, honestly. I would have probably choked in that situation. the only suggestion I could make is maybe use a bigger mousepad so you don't have to pick up your mouse so much

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Grats to PUBG for winning Steam's "Mom's Spaghetti" award!

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I like clips. Let's post clips.

Here's a solo vs squads one from the day before yesterday that still kinda bums me out. I suck at CQC with the m16 :( Also, apologies for the loud breathing, I didn't realise my mic was on (or that it was that close to my face...)
https://clips.twitch.tv/ChillyFaintHareDoritosChip

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Parallel Playa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAQx23bjynE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0pZenMvahs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyjgFxn7How

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 4, 2018

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
That first one is really well played, especially that smooth jump up. Did you end up dying to the zone? The second has lovely spray control+transfer (although you did kinda let your friend die with that greedy first aid!). Nice clips.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Nice clips!

I had some trouble with my GeForce Experience settings, otherwise I would have treated you to a nice and quiet jetski tour around the islands east of Miramar, followed by a leap off the lighthouse cliff.

BTW, in case anyone's wondering, the loot up there is nothing special, same as the mainland.

I hope the three guys I left on the first island had a nice firefight before the last one died to the zone.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Parallel Playa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8QQ11CQWI

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:

bromplicated posted:

What are some useful Chinese phrases I should know for this game?

My 2 friends and I who regularly squad together get a lot of Chinese randoms as our 4th and they actually play pretty decently, share equipment, and work as a team. I feel bad I can't talk to them. I only know "ni hao" and "xiu xiu."

I've been casually trying to learn Mandarin but all the free programs insist I learn the writing first so I gave up for awhile.

Good first phrases
Directions
Object
Distance (simple)
Like "Enemy, East, Far/Hill"

My accents are inconsistent. Double check.
Basics
Thank you/ Xiè Xiè (Imagine Firefly "shee shee" )
Silent/Jì mò
North/ Běi
South/ Nán
West/ Xï
East/ Dōng
Enemy/ Yuän Jiä
Vehicle/ Chë
Health/ Xue
Near/ Jìn
Far/ Yuăn
Come/ Guo lai
Go/ qu
Together/yiqi?
Give me/Gei wo

gently caress/poo poo=Wo cao
gently caress your mother=Cao ni ma (cao means Bush and also gently caress or drat)

I'll kill you/ Da sei nei/da Si ne (Cantonese)
Amy from Futurama speaks Cantonese if you want to get an idea for insults.
"Aieyah! Junk nei, o da sei nei!" in Cantonese: "Good Grief, I hate you, I will beat you to death!"
"Fa te fung chi gu li da si ne!" Cantonese: "You better or I'll kill you!".
Cantonese and Mandarin are like French and English in Canada, many French understand English, but not as common the other way around.

Extras
Awesome, good/ Gei li
Sell, betray/ mai, keng die
Report/ Ju bao
Wait a sec/ Deng yixia
Help me for a bit/ Bang wo yixia
Bro/ Gë Men (not ironically frat bro, it means brother)
Tree/ mù
Rock/shí (that looks a lot like Xiè for thank you, can anyone help with this one?)
Ammo (huo) shows up as fire hot or urgent, so maybe I'll say "Gun Food" (qiäng shí)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Parallel Playa posted:

Here's a solo vs squads one from the day before yesterday that still kinda bums me out. I suck at CQC with the m16 :( Also, apologies for the loud breathing, I didn't realise my mic was on (or that it was that close to my face...)
https://clips.twitch.tv/ChillyFaintHareDoritosChip

Okay.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
This is what I call spicienda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSBalRJS688&t=273s

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Bus driver survived!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hellsau posted:

Bus driver survived!

He did! We got pretty far that round, too, but moment of the night was definitely these dumb vehicle physics.