Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Nice clips!

I had some trouble with my GeForce Experience settings, otherwise I would have treated you to a nice and quiet jetski tour around the islands east of Miramar, followed by a leap off the lighthouse cliff.

BTW, in case anyone's wondering, the loot up there is nothing special, same as the mainland.

I hope the three guys I left on the first island had a nice firefight before the last one died to the zone.

Those three islands rule, particularly the farthest north one. Always some lvl3 gear and kar98's. Also if the boat/ski doesnt spawn you can swim pretty easily, although it takes a couple minutes. I've never died to the blue landing there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.
So there I am minding my own business, when...

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

:shobon:

that was adorable

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/948538577960472576

That sort of explains some of the longer distance engagement fuckery?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think this game is very bad, but also, very good.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

eonwe posted:

I think this game is very bad, but also, very good.

same, OP

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Had a crazy good luck duo game last night. Circle down to the very end was in the city I landed in. Pretty sure my dead friend's body was in the final circle. An early crate landed right on a roof that I got an AWM from, uncontested. Got my first AWM kills as a result and got to the final circle. 5 were left, I knocked one as the circle was shrinking, and as it continued, all 3 remaining players just...died at once, presumably from the blue. So like, my blood pressure was super high as I'm looking for this guy's friend and then...nothing, just you win.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Parallel Playa posted:

That first one is really well played, especially that smooth jump up. Did you end up dying to the zone? The second has lovely spray control+transfer (although you did kinda let your friend die with that greedy first aid!). Nice clips.

I ended up placing second but running in from the zone forced me to use my last first aid and i had to 1v7 after with only bandages. Got it down to 1v3 and knocked 2 but alas...

We won the mesa game because everyone else was running in from the zone so i just shot them from up top while my remaining teammate ran interference down below.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Had a crazy good luck duo game last night. Circle down to the very end was in the city I landed in. Pretty sure my dead friend's body was in the final circle. An early crate landed right on a roof that I got an AWM from, uncontested. Got my first AWM kills as a result and got to the final circle. 5 were left, I knocked one as the circle was shrinking, and as it continued, all 3 remaining players just...died at once, presumably from the blue. So like, my blood pressure was super high as I'm looking for this guy's friend and then...nothing, just you win.

I had one of those wins last night in a duo (I can't believe I didnt notice that guy up on the hill on the right side of my screen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA0r7ICZxZc

This was after, two circles previous, my game crashed while the circle was closing and I was adsing on a dude running up a hill in front of me. Luckily I was walking forward so I made it into the circle with just a sliver of life left while I rebooted

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I'd accidentally disabled my mic recording on this one so you can only occasionally hear me via someone else's mic. Doesn't have that much of an impact on the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3R_Y8sgY7A

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i've died at least five times because i thought an enemy was one of my teammates.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

:3: Oh my god

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

i've died at least five times because i thought an enemy was one of my teammates.

The nice thing about the old teammate color scheme was that it was garish enough that you wouldn't shoot them out of hand (or delay yourself from shooting them) like you might with the new one. Squad member #1 (yellow) just blends the gently caress into 95% of Miramar's backgrounds.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah that's it. i hadn't played for months until this past week and it wasn't an issue for me back then.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I think long range fuckery still isn't solved, feels like I'm shooting through a lot of people at range

In other news, this dumbass smoked himself off then ran into his own fire

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Best PC exclusive I've bought since CSGO. Even though its on Xbox now,horribly.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

CounterStrike was also an xbox once :eng101:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

CS:GO having console versions is why we have no fun object physics or sprays in the PC version!!! I'm still salty!!!

I also haven't played in like two years so mb those things are back.

Dad Hominem
Dec 4, 2005

Standing room only on the Disco Bus
Fun Shoe

Crane posted:

North/ Běi
South/ Nán
West/ Xï
East/ Dōng

In my experience Chinese players always call directions using English letters, so if you hear gunfire you can scream "EN DOUBLEYOU EN DOUBLEYOU" or whatever and that should get the point across. If you learn numerals you can also give the precise bearing.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Theses no hacking in PUBG . Git good

https://streamable.com/rg7kx

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i had a hilarious thing today where all my bullets seemed to go through a guy I was shooting at and hit my team mate who circled around behind the gun instead was pretty funny because i knocked him and then got knocked so we lost

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Got my first AWM kill! Woo!

Then got taken out immediately by some guy I didn't notice in the grass like 10 feet from me. Whoops.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I got three kills with a van and kept one of the bodies as a trophy.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

esperterra posted:

CS:GO having console versions is why we have no fun object physics or sprays in the PC version!!! I'm still salty!!!

I also haven't played in like two years so mb those things are back.

1.6 4 lyfe

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WT-dygSoeU

Ran into a hacker today*

*the hacker is not the guy I run over in the video, its a different guy who had his aimbot set to center mass so I knocked him 3 times with a kar98 while he full autoed into the dune infront of me from 300 meters with an AK, then his buddy got him up and he eventually got high enough to hit me :(

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't quite get hacking in tpp. aiming quickly is far less important.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't quite get hacking in tpp. aiming quickly is far less important.

3rd person camera gives you more advantage to use overlay hacks like WH etc. Also, it's just the original, and much more popular, game mode.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It probably feels more fair too, since everyone in TPP has a wallhack! :haw:

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:

Dad Hominem posted:

In my experience Chinese players always call directions using English letters, so if you hear gunfire you can scream "EN DOUBLEYOU EN DOUBLEYOU" or whatever and that should get the point across. If you learn numerals you can also give the precise bearing.

Ooh good point. I didn't know that about the English Letters, good to know.
It'll be awhile before I memorize numbers.

1.Crude direction (E, S, W, N)
2.Compass direction (if time) (numbers)
3.Type/object
4.Distance, simple (near far)

I sometimes wish there was a chat box, but the lack of one adds to the tension I think.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

and much more popular, game mode.

O_O what a crazy mixed up world we live in.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Groovelord Neato posted:

O_O what a crazy mixed up world we live in.

It sort of makes sense. We've already established that many people get very angry at dying in a game where 99% of the time you will be among the dead. TPP is a mode where you can literally hide completely behind cover and still look around to ambush people, so they probably feel safer.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah i was just joshing. when i first got the game had 2 chicken dinners in the first 4 games and 5 or 6 thatt first weekend. i switched to fpp once that became a thing and have yet to get a din din in it.

it's funny seeing the gaming cultural divide too. all the top english speaking streamers play fpp but when there's chinese or korean streamers at the top they;re playing tpp.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah i was just joshing. when i first got the game had 2 chicken dinners in the first 4 games and 5 or 6 thatt first weekend. i switched to fpp once that became a thing and have yet to get a din din in it.

it's funny seeing the gaming cultural divide too. all the top english speaking streamers play fpp but when there's chinese or korean streamers at the top they;re playing tpp.

Even on the English streamer side, I remember when FPP first came in, most of the big streamers hated it and refused to play it. People are resistant to change. Look at all the hate the new map gets from big streamers.

I personally prefer FPP by a wide margin even if I suck at it (and PUBG in general), because at the very least anybody who wants to keep eyes on me has to risk getting shot to do so. It doesn't usually help, but at least I can tell myself I had a chance.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

People apparently do not like being taunted in a Meatwad voice at all while they are crawling around on the ground, waiting for teammates to come and revive them

Their meltdowns only fuel my desires to mock them (until I get shot in the face)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zaodai posted:

Even on the English streamer side, I remember when FPP first came in, most of the big streamers hated it and refused to play it. People are resistant to change. Look at all the hate the new map gets from big streamers.

the new map is kinda bad in that it has way too much open area and i never seem to find vehicles. the areas with actual buildings are good as hell though. the map really needed to be smaller than the original like 2/3 the size there was no reason to make a same size map.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

yeah originally it was to be 4x4. They should just shrink by half without getting rid of any buildings.

agreed. i remember hearing it was going to be much smaller and being super excited but then all of sudden everyone was reporting it was the same size and i'm thinking what are those jokers at bluehole thinking.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 4, 2018

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
yeah originally it was to be 4x4. They should just shrink by half without getting rid of any buildings.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Groovelord Neato posted:

the new map is kinda bad in that it has way too much open area and i never seem to find vehicles. the areas with actual buildings are good as hell though. the map really needed to be smaller than the original like 2/3 the size there was no reason to make a same size map.

I don't disagree with there being too much space that's pointless, but even the open areas feel less death-trappy to me than on the old map. The old map has so many places that are literally open fields with no cover where you're just going to have to run through a massive, coverless kill zone people are already camping, or just take a buggy and storm through it.

Speaking of storming things with a buggy, though: Last night I was playing 3-man squads with friends and we dropped a ways off the flight path and found three buggies in close proximity. After dicking around playing bumper cars with the buggies like retards for a few minutes, we just took our buggy convoy across the map. Whenever we drew fire from buildings, we'd split out in different directions (with no real plan in mind) and basically suicide rush them from all directions. We took out a couple squads with full-retard shock tactics before we died, and it is probably the most fun I've had in PUBG ever.

Buggy Squad, best squad.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The old map was kind of boring and most fights ended up with people hugging trees or the occasional rock. Now they got rid of the trees and lessened the number of rocks. Possibly more important than the loss of the tree trunks themselves, the canopy cover that broke up sight lines is gone. Fights generally take place only in cities or over long distances in the open where it’s impossible to move up since there’s no cover. That’s bad.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

*extremely Darude voice* We're missing sandstorms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The next map should have players shrunk down and you have to fight it out in a massive back yard and a house and poo poo, like green army men