Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

D_Smart posted:

I agree.
I'm no big city lawyer, but weren't their points kind of contradictory?

e: drat, sniped and I'm phone posting. Can someone with a nice dogge or catte spotte me a taxxe?

Redundant fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/215061920?t=01h33m00s

:gary:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Redundant posted:

e: drat, sniped and I'm phone posting. Can someone with a nice dogge or catte spot me a taxxe?

No

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=3369&perpage=40#post479894120

And No

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=3369&perpage=40#post479893898

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

so what happens when CIG inevitably fail to respond in the next two hours?

i want to call "nothing particularly" but i don't know how to call it

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm filling out paperwork for a surgery, and there is a question that says "Do you have an internal nerve stimulator?" I asked my wife what that was, and she said, "Apparently this clinic gets a lot of patients from the Stimpire."

lol. Was there a question "Do you feel grief?"

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

alf_pogs posted:

Are you skipping pages or something? The amended complaint gives them another 14 days to respond. Like, literally loving Two Weeks :laffo:

----------------

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Colostomy Bag posted:

lol. Was there a question "Do you feel grief?"

There was a section for depression.

Interestingly there was a section to rate your pain, filled with increasingly hungry-sounding words like "Is the pain throbbing! Is it debilitating! Is it UNBEARABLE!!!" Sadly there was no option to inform them that it was tripling every second.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Are you skipping pages or something? The amended complaint gives them another 14 days to respond. Like, literally loving Two Weeks :laffo:

whoops, i only read the cat posts

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Redundant posted:

e: drat, sniped and I'm phone posting. Can someone with a nice dogge or catte spotte me a taxxe?

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Oh good. Now you've linked the posts again it all makes more sense and I fully understand how CIG will simultaneously settle without responding/appointing counsel and be unable to settle without responding/appointing counsel. Good.

e: that is a dashing and handsome catte, thanks.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

I listened to this for a minute or two and that bald dickhead went and said that if Star Citizen lives up to 20% of the hype it has built up, it would still be one of the best games ever...

LISTEN UP YOU THUNDERING MORON, IF WHAT THEY HAVE PROMISED YOU IS A GAME THAT WILL BE FIVE TIMES BETTER THAN ANYTHING THAT IS CURRENTLY OR WILL EVENTUALLY BE OUT THERE, THEY ARE DEFINITELY LYING TO YOU.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Are you skipping pages or something?

Pot meet kettle.

Maybe he follows in your footsteps on how to read the thread. You should feel honored...a disciple in the making. Someone has to carry the torch.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'm sad to announce BoredGamer won't be at the event I attend annually. I guess him being dropped from the opening night party made him sad.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Redundant posted:

Oh good. Now you've linked the posts again it all makes more sense and I fully understand how CIG will simultaneously settle without responding/appointing counsel and be unable to settle without responding/appointing counsel. Good.

e: that is a dashing and handsome catte, thanks.

:negative:

That's on you, bud. Because you are assuming that my "agreed" is referring to the excepted posts in toto, even though my comments to each one, should be clear enough for you to understand which parts I agreed with, and thus chose to expand on.

I don't know what to say man. Next time, I'll use crayons.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

Pot meet kettle.

Maybe he follows in your footsteps on how to read the thread. You should feel honored...a disciple in the making. Someone has to carry the torch.

:laffo: except for the fact that I DO read all the pages. And furthermore. :colbert:

----------------

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

There was a section for depression.

Interestingly there was a section to rate your pain, filled with increasingly hungry-sounding words like "Is the pain throbbing! Is it debilitating! Is it UNBEARABLE!!!" Sadly there was no option to inform them that it was tripling every second.

It saddens me that they didn't get the latest memo from the Stimperor Health Consortium on how to properly rate pain. Fill out a comment card and sign it with your severed hand.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

D_Smart posted:

:laffo: except for the fact that I DO read all the pages. And furthermore. :colbert:

There can be no doubt about this. We have all seen the game manuals you expect people to read. This thread is child's play to you.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
derek uses some weirdass bubble sort on pages to read this thread tho

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Thread is boring again.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Truga posted:

derek uses some weirdass bubble sort on pages to read this thread tho

I think he reads them like I do. If it's been a while (more than 1 page) I actually start at the end, read backwards for several posts, them jump to where I left off, read a few posts forwards, then randomly fill in the posts in between those two endpoints.

I read novels the same way.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Lladre posted:

Thread is boring again.

comedy locust

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

Don't worry, you just did. Alternatively, you can still call it after it being passed.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

2 hours to go!

And 14 days :negative:

Nothing Works on PTU

It's been five years and fifteen days
Since you took my pledge away
I stream every night and sleep all day
Since you took my pledge away

Since 3.0 I can do whatever I want
I can clip through anywhere I want
I can eat my dinner in a fancy wankpod
But nothing
I said nothing can take away these blues
'Cause nothing ever works
Nothing works on PTU

It's been so lonely without your patch
Since the netcode's wrong
Nothing can stop this framerate from falling
Tell me CIG where did you go wrong

I could play many games on Steam
But they'd only remind me of you
I went to Chris Roberts and guess what he told me?
Guess what he told me?
He said girl your money's all gone
No matter what you do, but he's a fool
'Cause nothing ever works
Nothing works on the PTU

All the features that you promised MoMa
On the forum
You lied every night and day
I know that dealing with Derek is sometimes hard
But here he comes with another blog
'Cause nothing works
Nothing works on the PTU

Nothing works
Nothing works on the PTU
Nothing works
Nothing works on the PTU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
And lo, we see further dust within the fray, hiding and concealing the bloody result of the meeting of mind and legal suit, for fourteen days they will clash against each other's firms, and like the papal smoke which rises we shall understand the nature of what is to come when fate provides an unhurried, godly answer.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Nothing Compiles would also work, but that was p good

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/w9WqRMM.gifv

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Pictured: Derek calling it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Thoatse posted:

Nothing Compiles would also work, but that was p good

drat, that would've been perfect.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

alf_pogs posted:

Now I'm just a simple back woods hyperchicken but I'm pretty sure that the next step would be for the court to schedule a hearing to render a default judgement against CIG. They are still allowed to show up to that hearing, though. A typical default would give the plaintiff more-or-less everything asked for. I'm not sure what would happen in event of a jury trial.

If they do respond, I'm not sure it'll show up on pacer instantly.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm filling out paperwork for a surgery, and there is a question that says "Do you have an internal nerve stimulator?" I asked my wife what that was, and she said, "Apparently this clinic gets a lot of patients from the Stimpire."

Marry her a second time, that’s a good woman there.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Wiz posted:

The physics engine breaking down will be our next endgame crisis.

I'm going to be profoundly disappointed if this doesn't happen now. Do a reality caving in on itself as a entropy substitution endgame crisis.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

A plague of comedy gives rise to strange hangers on and bedfellows, the entourage of the warlord's impressive bluster and blogbespoke war treasury that gives gleam to goons who have fallen for such allures, those who place their independent banners upon separate hills to die upon, those who merely chew at the cud and stare on at the grand field conflict to unfold...perhaps unwitting to the tragedy to play out. All are merely actors upon this inexplainable stage, this setting demands to be experienced to be understood. One with wisdom, if not poise, might pivot one's understanding to the gravity of the drama that unfolds to appreciate this to its full extent. Alas, all reports and details are not yet quite comprehensive, for history is written by the victors, and there is no absolute winner to ascribe such events their place in history just yet. Just predictions, calls, and sonorous echos of parlaying tribes.

Hark, a blog is sounded in the distance. More posturings and postulations as back to back the backers meet the warlord's ire in the cloud of tarrying feet of grunts and decisive tramples of legal cavalry. A legal cavalry most appropriately equip'd for such bloody hacking and slashing of the finances. Much will be lost and won in this two weeks, and men in their haste of the present thoughts will fear their empty purses before they begin to fear the gallows, guillotine, or oubliette.

As if one could forget such knaves, villains and purloiners of trust and promise at this stage of this sordid tale. God would sooner welcome the devil to his side than one might forget these emperor fools.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

kingcom posted:

I'm going to be profoundly disappointed if this doesn't happen now. Do a reality caving in on itself as a entropy substitution endgame crisis.

Excuse me, Mr Contingency, but while you were busy slaughtering my people you didn't tell us if entropy can be reversed. :ohdear:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mangoose posted:

There can be no doubt about this. We have all seen the game manuals you expect people to read. This thread is child's play to you.

Spergs and all that :grin:

----------------

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I motion that "thread is bad again" and its variations be reclassified as an anime like naruto or something.

Exception being "thread is good again" in its various forms which shall be reclassified as a second order parp joke.

D_Smart posted:

made you look

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

I think he reads them like I do. If it's been a while (more than 1 page) I actually start at the end, read backwards for several posts, them jump to where I left off, read a few posts forwards, then randomly fill in the posts in between those two endpoints.

I read novels the same way.

Something like that. But I don't fill in anything. I read all this poo poo. Cat pics and everything. It gets easier since I just get to scroll past the "Jerk Detected" bits with a superior air of aloofness reserved for my neighbors.

----------------

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

I motion that "thread is bad again" and its variations be reclassified as an anime like naruto or something.

Exception being "thread is good again" in its various forms which shall be reclassified as a second order parp joke.

Doomsayers and fortune serfs can call the weather of the thread as they say fit, for they rarely dictate the climate. Storm's a coming, and those who can only posture will be swept away, those who bolster themselves and just post shall not fear a single moment of a terrible thread, for they shall be golden in their endeavour to exist within the post, however and whatever form that may take.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

D_Smart posted:

It gets easier since I just get to scroll past the "Jerk Detected" bits with a superior air of aloofness reserved for my neighbors.

You wear noise cancelling headphones in a comedy club, your aloofness behoofs only your self-mockery.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I shall endeavor to recall the lessons of those who shitposted before me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Sindai posted:

http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/169230027125/things-reported-as-commercial-successes-and

Someone asked the Ask A Game Dev guy about games that were secretly financial success/failures, his go to example of financial boondoggle?

shocking

Now, there's a find, thank yooooooooooooou.