Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

what she wants is cake

Exactly. She doesn't want to eat yucky souls and she's too focused on cake to really pay much attention to individuals. It's the only reason the Strawhats are actually landing hits instead of dying horribly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

what she wants is cake

WEEEEEEEEDDING CAKE

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
im pretty sure she'd gobble up any souls of anyone terrified in the moment. she did so to her son and she was just in a short croquembouche frenzy during that moment. thank god usopp isn't in this crew or he'd be long dead by now

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I would love if somehow Luffy eats the cake before Big Mom can have any of it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ethiser posted:

Calling it now he punches discount joseph joestar out of a mirror and into the cake

And he and big mom both lose their poo poo about this in opposite ways

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Luffy eating the cake is absolutely going to happen and we’re going to get a full page spread of every named character in the arc’s Enel face.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ethiser posted:

Millions posted:

Luffy eating the cake is absolutely going to happen and we’re going to get a full page spread of every named character in the arc’s Enel face.

Okay, yep, please let this happen.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
That, or Tooth Dogg ends up eating the cake due to hunger from missing his lunch, but does not have the same comedy powers that Luffy has to slim down instantly.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Cheapsteaks posted:

That, or Tooth Dogg ends up eating the cake due to hunger from missing his lunch, but does not have the same comedy powers that Luffy has to slim down instantly.

The cake is not a donut.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Millions posted:

I am going to be extremely disappointed if this doesn't happen. Don't let us down, Oda.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Luffy eating the cake would be hilarious, but he's notoriously not a fan of sweets so I wouldn't bet on it.

e: actually I forgot how he devoured Pudding's candy house way back at the start of this arc, RIP cake

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 4, 2018

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
luffy still needs to beat katakuri >:[

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

anime was right posted:

luffy still needs to beat katakuri >:[

He's workin' on it! I bet next chapter we but back to round 6 or 7 of their fight, as Luffy keeps popping out to recover and snack before jumping back into the mirror world. Conveniently, Mochi Boy is trapped there as long as Luffy keeps a hold on Brulee.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
remember when we thought the arc might end like 30 chapters ago lol

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

anime was right posted:

remember when we thought the arc might end like 30 chapters ago lol

Which is good aince unlike the previous 2 major arcs this hasnt overstayed its welcome.
In fact its been going up up up

(How long was dressrosa again)

E: dressrosa was 102 chapters (jesus christ) and this has been 65 and counting. Yet it feels like it has had 100x more impact and just sheer stuff packed in compared to dressrosa.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jan 4, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't think there's any doubt that this arc has been far better than Dressrosa, but it's still hilarious to think that Oda genuinely thought this would end much earlier than it actually will considering we haven't gotten to what he said would happen last year, and in fact we don't seem to even be close to it yet.

It's like how the Year of Sanji has gotten quite a bit longer than a year. Oda's not good at calculating how much time his arcs will take.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the 3 years of sanji makes more sense for him anyway

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Ahhh... This arc.... I hope it never ends...

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't think there's any doubt that this arc has been far better than Dressrosa, but it's still hilarious to think that Oda genuinely thought this would end much earlier than it actually will considering we haven't gotten to what he said would happen last year, and in fact we don't seem to even be close to it yet.

It's like how the Year of Sanji has gotten quite a bit longer than a year. Oda's not good at calculating how much time his arcs will take.

Maybe it's an in-universe year of Sanji and it will last for the rest of the series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Millions posted:

Luffy eating the cake is absolutely going to happen and we’re going to get a full page spread of every named character in the arc’s Enel face luffy's utterly blissful face as he achieves nirvana

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Manatee Cannon posted:

the 3 years of sanji makes more sense for him anyway

brilliant. I cannot let this post go unappreciated

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Why not both?

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
that guy who made the 3v3 fantasy roster made me lowkey mad by not having jinbei in the SH's section thats all

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Is Jump on holiday break?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is Jump on holiday break?

yea

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I believe we read this week's chapter last wednesday.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Sub Harrison posted:

I believe we read this week's chapter last wednesday.

yeah i didn't want to overcomplicate that there's no chapter for us pirates this week. we'll get the 15th's chapter in a weekish.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its really funny that we read the chapter in english before people in japan get to read it

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I finally caught up after not reading the manga for a couple of months:

Not the Sunny! Big Mama needs to go down before the new arc. Laying a hand on the Sunny is unacceptable!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I loved watching the pre Skypea One Piece anime and seeing how lovely they treat the Merry

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Having stopped really reading the manga at the start of fishman island, but having started to catch up recently I have once again been stumped in understanding the Celestial Dragons. As in do they actually provide anything to the world government or are they just simply the most obvious sign of just how messed up the government really is?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hunt11 posted:

Having stopped really reading the manga at the start of fishman island, but having started to catch up recently I have once again been stumped in understanding the Celestial Dragons. As in do they actually provide anything to the world government or are they just simply the most obvious sign of just how messed up the government really is?

They are the world government. It's formed by a bunch of former kingdoms banding together, the celestial dragons are their descendants.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

does the bourgeoisie ever provide anything?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

You know the House of Saud and how they have like 100s of rich princes? It's basically that

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

:capitalism:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Begemot posted:

They are the world government. It's formed by a bunch of former kingdoms banding together, the celestial dragons are their descendants.

I could except that as the answer if they still actually ruled or interacted with their countries in any way whatsoever. Instead they literally buggered off to the holy land and created new ruling families to rule in their stead.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

I could except that as the answer if they still actually ruled or interacted with their countries in any way whatsoever. Instead they literally buggered off to the holy land and created new ruling families to rule in their stead.

local government is a thing. mariejois is the capitol and the king of alabasta is like a state governor or w/e

e: tho I guess with the celestial dragons, the better way to look at it is that they're the royal family and the gorosei are parliament

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean, the King of Alabasta is sort of an outlier because the Nefeltari family was supposed to go the Holy Land, but their ancestor was literally the one original king who chose to stay.