Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Why will the cowards Alabama not play UCF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Going undefeated is real loving hard.

i agree, thats kinda my point. I don't think UCF is bad, but they aren't going undefeated in a P5.

quote:

You don't have to beat multiple top teams to be successful in a P5 conference, at least not this year where there aren't really any great teams. Bama's best win prior to Monday was, what, LSU?
Its not that Alabama or Clemson or whoever is playing a top 5 team every week, its that outside of a couple scheduled cupcakes, they play decent teams most week. You start playing a #15 here and a #20 there and a 7-5 and 6-6 type team inbetween and it gets really tough to run off undefeated seasons, thats why P5 teams rarely do it. Of course Alabama is favored to win each individual game on their schedule, but winning ALL of them is pretty hard. I think theres a big difference between having to deal with an AAC schedule and having to deal with a P5 schedule. I don't think UCF is bad, but i think they probably end up with 2-4 losses in most P5 schedules and probably end up ranked in the teens or so.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

in accelerationist news, TAMU may be offering Aranda $2.5 - $3.0 million for the DC position

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Rosen and Darnold declare.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Emron posted:

Why will the cowards Alabama not play UCF

Nick shook as gently caress op

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LLCoolJD posted:

They broke Florida State.

That team had way more problems than just QB

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I love the attitude that UCF would have zero chance against UGA or Bama when they handled Auburn who beat both of the aforementioned teams.

I’m not saying they’d definitely beat them, but pull your head out of your rear end. I’ve never met a group of fans that huff their own farts more than Georgia fans.

(This isn’t directed at anyone specific on this board except for a couple people who probably know who they are, but mostly my irl UGA fans)

Zero chance is a bit much, doing two top 10 teams back-to-back is asking a lot of anyone much less a G5.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

MourningView posted:

That team had way more problems than just QB

True, but it's never good when you have to rely on a backup QB that makes Manute Bol look chubby.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's not like Francios was Lamar Jackson or something either. Losing your starter is obviously bad but I don't see how they were going to come even close to their preseason ranking even with him healthy. Their offensive line was trash and they didn't have transcendent skill position talent like Dalvin Cook around to make up for it anymore

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

pillsburysoldier posted:

in accelerationist news, TAMU may be offering Aranda $2.5 - $3.0 million for the DC position

Still won't make them less rear end.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

Still won't make them less rear end.

my dude

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

7-6 is going to go over really well

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
I don’t buy this narrative that Clemson was overrated and maybe shouldn’t have been in.

They had a sick defensive line, the most wins over bowl eligible teams, strong game control and beat the Auburn team that is the foundation for UCF’s the transitive property national championship.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I hope meanwhile, at the SEC Legion of Doom, they're taking into account of how Auburn halfassing the Peach Bowl has cast shadows on the all-SEC natty, and will finally for the first time in recorded human history instruct their officials to call holding occasionally on the Tigers next season. I say make up for lost time and immediately start all Auburn drives half the distance from their own one-foot line until further notice.

quote:

I love the attitude that UCF would have zero chance against UGA or Bama when they handled Auburn who beat both of the aforementioned teams.

Georgia beat Auburn by 21 at a neutral site (with two TDs off the board because of poo poo officiating), UCF beat them by 7. UGA beating UCF by 14 sounds about right to me. This isn't me sniffing my own farts; UGA was pretty great this season. Don't fall into the turn-of-the-century Gonzaga trap where the Zags couldn't just be an awesome mid-major capable of hanging with the big boys, they had to be BETTER THAN ERRRRRRRRYBODY because CINDERELLA RULEZ BABY

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 4, 2018

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

I hope meanwhile, at the SEC Legion of Doom, they're taking into account of how Auburn halfassing the Peach Bowl has cast shadows on the all-SEC natty, and will finally for the first time in recorded human history instruct their officials to call holding occasionally on the Tigers next season. I say make up for lost time and immediately start all Auburn drives half the distance from their own one-foot line until further notice.

Georgia beat Auburn by 21 at a neutral site (with two TDs off the board because of poo poo officiating), UCF beat them by 7. UGA beating UCF by 14 sounds about right to me. This isn't me sniffing my own farts; UGA was pretty great this season. Don't fall into the turn-of-the-century Gonzaga trap where the Zags couldn't just be an awesome mid-major capable of hanging with the big boys, they had to be BETTER THAN ERRRRRRRRYBODY because CINDERELLA RULEZ BABY

Lol sure thing buddy

Also it keeps getting better, they’re having the loving parade

https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/948683412952571904

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Georgia is actually the worst team in the NCAA. They scrapped by all season with all three phases of the game horse poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

D.N. Nation posted:

Auburn also beat Georgia or does that not count

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
For the season Georgia is +0 against Auburn, Alabama is -12, and UCF is +7. Seems very clear who the better team is to me tbh

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 4, 2018

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

CharlestheHammer posted:

Auburn also beat Georgia or does that not count

Did the game in Atlanta count to you out of curiosity?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol sure thing buddy

Also it keeps getting better, they’re having the loving parade

https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/948683412952571904

I am going to this, disney ticket fees be damned

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

vikingstrike posted:

Did the game in Atlanta count to you out of curiosity?

I mean yeah but if you want to use pure point differential you got to use both games.

I am not saying UCF is like obviously better but that they have a strong case to and their win lose is comparable to any of the teams in the playoffs. This is not a Hawaii thing no matter how they pretend.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

G-Hawk posted:

You start playing a #15 here and a #20 there and a 7-5 and 6-6 type team inbetween and it gets really tough to run off undefeated seasons, thats why P5 teams rarely do it.

UCF plays in exactly the conference you find a 15 or 20 here and there because that happens to be the top of the mountain for a G5 squad. Maybe the AAC isn't the shitshow everyone assumes it is?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
UCF needs to join the ACC imho

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

boop the snoot posted:

I'd love that, but Florida State and Miami would probably veto it.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
It’s kind of like blatantly obvious that UCF is doing all of this to help raise their profile but it still owns really hard and is super funny.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean yeah but if you want to use pure point differential you got to use both games.

I am not saying UCF is like obviously better but that they have a strong case to and their win lose is comparable to any of the teams in the playoffs. This is not a Hawaii thing no matter how they pretend.

Sure. Both games of course count. They both beat auburn in Atlanta. So UCF at Jordan Hare?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

For the season Georgia is +0 against Auburn, Alabama is -12, and UCF is +7. Seems very clear who the better team is to me tbh

Clemson's +8 :v:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Carlton Davis, Jeff Holland and Kamryn Pettway all leaving early. Davis could go in the first round and will be missed. Holland was a monster but we might have achieved that "never rebuilding, just reloading" elite level of DL talent and development. Various conflicting rumors about Pettway but they ranged from he decided his season was done a few weeks ago to he had been quietly kicked off the team but was being allowed the opportunity to transfer without stigma. Shame for the SEC's 2016 leading rusher.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

boop the snoot posted:

Some UCF people seem to think the Big Ten wants to add them.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

gotta shore up the everglades media market

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
When will conference membership stuff spin back up again?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

gotta shore up the everglades media market

1,2,4,5 dem gatas don't take no....subscription channels

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Korranus posted:

UCF plays in exactly the conference you find a 15 or 20 here and there because that happens to be the top of the mountain for a G5 squad. Maybe the AAC isn't the shitshow everyone assumes it is?

its better than the other G5 conferences at the moment but it isn't even close to a P5 conference in depth. I don't think USF or Memphis were very good either but even if they were, its a loving cliff after them

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 4, 2018

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

congrats to UCF on their Championship Trophy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I don't know what is worse, the last 2 pages of this thread or the fact that it looks like Trump will be at the game.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Yeah but so will Kendrick

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Lasagna Pilot posted:

There are a ton Big Ten alumni in Florida. But unfortunately, not in September or October.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Pakled posted:

I'd love that, but Florida State and Miami would probably veto it.

Oh indeed

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

boop the snoot posted:

I mean it's not like anyone is in the G5 by choice

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Let in Rutgers and people assume you'll chase any big TV market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I don't know what is worse, the last 2 pages of this thread or the fact that it looks like Trump will be at the game.

Now it's definitely a meteor game.

• Locked thread