Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

their sensible moderate gun control plan is so well-thought-out that they cant even bother telling you what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

https://twitter.com/LeonardCowalski/status/948468864353845248

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Zokari posted:

their sensible moderate gun control plan is so well-thought-out that they cant even bother telling you what it is

it all comes down to the color of the gun

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
also only police should have guns because those guys never make mistakes

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The only sensible gun control is that everybody gets those shields from Dune

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

youre just saying that because you've mastered the slow blade

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

youre just saying that because you've mastered the slow blade

while you were tripping balls on semuta, now you dare come to ask to ride my worm

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/KFC_UKI/status/948525809840656385

awful

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Vaporize Kentucky

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

this will be really prescient after the fast food wars of 2025

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

already dropped a comment on this in the trump thread but its pretty much exemplifies late stage capitalism :sun:

also @jack is complicit

Plutonis posted:

this will be really prescient after the fast food wars of 2025

cant w8

proxies with lesser known mom and pop restaurants will be caught in the crossfire like Pop's Chock'lit Shack :rip:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What happens to the combination pizza hut and taco bell?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Malaria posted:

cursed image

i dipped it in a potion of holy water and this came out

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

reminder that if you shoot one of these with a laser, it explodes with the force of a nuclear bomb

and the only reason people don't do it is because nukes are forbidden

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Duscat posted:

reminder that if you shoot one of these with a laser, it explodes with the force of a nuclear bomb

and the only reason people don't do it is because nukes are forbidden

They do it anyway though. The shields are the excuse for why everyone in the Dune universe is still using edged weapons, and the reason nobody uses lasguns generally is because if they do hit a shield then they'll blow themselves up as well.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Lastgirl posted:

how did we go from guns to babies in wood chippers

lmao

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I read Dune but never watched the movie should I give it a shot or is it terrible? I could see it making a really boring movie. Book was good but was starting to get a little too weird in some ways by the end.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Comrayn posted:

I read Dune but never watched the movie should I give it a shot or is it terrible? I could see it making a really boring movie. Book was good but was starting to get a little too weird in some ways by the end.

it's alright. not the best book to movie adaption but it has its charms. pretty lynchian.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Comrayn posted:

it is well worth watching, whatever your opinion of it ends up being

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvDvjyc0H4I

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Comrayn posted:

Its not a good movie. Its both weirdly accurate to the book while simultaneously taking huge liberties with parts of it. Also having most of the plot explained in internal monologues doesn't work well in movie form.

The soundtrack kicks rear end though and Sting plays Feyd-Rautha so every part of that is awesome.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They do it anyway though. The shields are the excuse for why everyone in the Dune universe is still using edged weapons, and the reason nobody uses lasguns generally is because if they do hit a shield then they'll blow themselves up as well.

ATOOOOMIIICS!!!!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
yeah, I don't know if I'd call it good, but it's worth seeing once just for how ridiculous it is

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Volcott posted:

What happens to the combination pizza hut and taco bell?

customers of the Pizza Hut Autonomous Outlet may be subject to arbitrary detention on suspicion of brand disloyalty

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Its not a good movie. Its both weirdly accurate to the book while simultaneously taking huge liberties with parts of it. Also having most of the plot explained in internal monologues doesn't work well in movie form.

The soundtrack kicks rear end though and Sting plays Feyd-Rautha so every part of that is awesome.

The internal monologues killed it. Also the nostril plugs look weird on camera.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

captain picard also runs around with a pug shooting lasers

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dune owns, david lynch says "yes, yes sire!!" In it and dale cooper forms isis.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv87NJ2xX0k

A Gnarlacious Bro has issued a correction as of 05:12 on Jan 4, 2018

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Comrayn posted:

I dunno, does this get your wheels spinnin?

DrPossum posted:

captain picard also runs around with a pug shooting lasers

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I’m going to watch it and I’m going to make my wife and probably also her friend who is currently staying in our guest room also watch it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Comrayn posted:

I’m going to watch it and I’m going to make my wife and probably also her friend who is currently staying in our guest room also watch it.

Congrats on your big divorce

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Dune owns, david lynch says "yes, yes sire!!" In it and dale cooper forms isis.

Original cut version of how he got stuck on Arrakis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drz6MNUigMU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Comrayn posted:

This is the correct course of action. You have chosen well.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I will probably watch the space jihad movie on Friday.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrayn posted:

I will probably watch the space jihad movie on Friday.

ha ha you moran

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DrewNutter/status/948253661716652032

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Considering we recently elected a man who, is in measure, the closest to baron harkonnen a president has ever been now would be an excellent time to brush up on Dune.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
trump does not possess a suspensor apparatus

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
bannons name is a killing word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years