Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It also makes the one-up sound when she collects enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Never thoughy I would live to see the day that Wario was made into a Touhou girl.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Clarste posted:

It also makes the one-up sound when she collects enough.

What does the text on the paper say, bill?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

iospace posted:

What does the text on the paper say, bill?

It's like a reminder for a debt owed. Think "Payment Overdue."

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
And don't call me "Bill".

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

New Touhous are good confirmed.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Mazed posted:

rich, check
bad hair, check
no taste, check
a boss, check
"the worst" (official description) check

Jo'on is Touhou Trump and I'm mad about it.

Best part is that Jo'on isn't actually a god of wealth. She's the god of YOLO spending, so she only looks rich.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Video showing all the Last Words, including the new ones. Some are pretty neat; I like how Yukari's cuts the music and her opponent.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

golden bubble posted:

Best part is that Jo'on isn't actually a god of wealth. She's the god of YOLO spending, so she only looks rich.

Technically, she's a kind of plague god that takes money from people. The way it plays out in the story is that she's basically a petty crook.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

golden bubble posted:

I like the idea of a Touhou that's like a Shinto 50Cent.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
God of Conspicuous Consumption.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cash God seems like the coolest and the best.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

She also declares spellcards by pulling a credit card out of her purse.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

She also declares spellcards by pulling a credit card out of her purse.

The absolute coolest.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Was Touhou secretly a political satire this whole time and we just never noticed?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

What, you didn't notice last year when Miko quoted Trump? Or the year before that when Mamizou started tsukumogami facebook to spread misinformation? Or the year before that when Sumireko was the most millennial millennial to ever millennial? t's been blatant political satire for a while now.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I thought clownpiece was a statement on american belligerence and naiveté

no matter the implied connotations, I still think she’s very cool, and I agree with the sentiment that she is so over the top ‘murica that she could only have been designed in Japan.

I guess this is less political satire and more of a dig on US in general

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

There was that somewhat recent Three Fairies chapter where the fairies put on a play about a couple that has to work non-stop for 364 and their single day-off is more work, and the way it got portrayed kinda made it seem like and indictment of Japanese business culture.

Remember when Hecatia talked about the benefits immigration has to culture through the exchange of ideas.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Also ZUN also basically revealed himself as pro-weed legalization in an interview in Strange Creators of Outer World so I think he's just more into politics now than he used to be, and it bleeds in really easy.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
That's a fair cop. I guess I've outed myself as not really paying attention to Touhou for the last few years. I literally just went and ordered a hard copy of Forbidden Scrollery Vol. 1 as soon as you reminded me, so please forgive me.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
also

Justus posted:

I like the idea of a Touhou that's like a Shinto 50Cent.
I can't believe this is relevant a second time

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Clarste posted:

Technically, she's a kind of plague god that takes money from people. The way it plays out in the story is that she's basically a petty crook.

So she was born from the 2016 election, then?

The disbelief involved, that is.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
After seeing Yukari's last word and hearing it referenced the teke teke, I had to look that up because I've never heard of it before.

Jesus Christ, Yukari.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Antinomy of Common Flowers now available on Steam.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
It's been up for 2 hours and already has close to 200 reviews.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Twenty five bucks? Geez.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That's a pretty standard MSRP for a non-AAA fighting game? Latest Arcana Heart is $30, as is Guilty Gear Xrd Rev.1 (with the Rev.2 update being almost $20 more).

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
JP price is 2700 yen, which is more or less what you'll pay in any doujin shop. All of the fighting games except for 12.3 (expansion) and ULiL PS4 (console port) were like that.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

leather fedora posted:

It's been up for 2 hours and already has close to 200 reviews.
Ah, the old Double Reverse Review Bomb trick. Underestimate the Chinese market at your peril.

Even though Steam's not supposed to be available in the Mainland. Weird how many Hong Kongers are on Steam and writing in Simplified Chinese.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Hey the netcode isn't good but the new game is actually fun as gently caress would recommend
One of these flying fighters finally feels really good!!

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Anybody know where the Fantasy Maiden Wars E English patch can be found? I did manage to buy the game (it's on sale! ...I think), but I can't find a translation patch, only a bunch of dead links.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

whoops, I guess the akurasu link died too at some point.

https://mega.nz/#!fZcRGT7S!Q_gIqzQqr84855_KA2urkR_sRsqiHTlLc4YfejtVLz8 Hopefully this is everything you need. The link should be updated on Akurasu now too.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Cool, thanks for responding so quickly

Is there a version of the patch which is compatible with the latest version, 1.2.0? It's not the end of the world if there isn't, I should be able to find a 1.1.2 copy of the game somewhere, but I figured I'd ask.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Alright, so C93 was the final comiket of one of my favorite groups, Liz Triangle. One last album :smith:

But they made nice sendoff, a medley of a bunch of their songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgzWiAsH1Kw

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

There isn't one of 1.2.0, and it's likely there never will be one, since the group that made it is inactive, and our tools don't work on the first game.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Nook posted:

There isn't one of 1.2.0, and it's likely there never will be one, since the group that made it is inactive, and our tools don't work on the first game.

Oh, OK. I'll just track down a version of 1.1.2, then.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Stay safe poverty ghost.

Adbot