Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Also I need to do another playthrough without leaning on how good the girl whose name ends with ae is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Macaluso posted:

every game should have dating. undertale, life is strange: before the storm, overwatch

Overwatch might even be good if it was a dating sim.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Probably gonna try and get back to Dragon Quest 8 in prep for 11 this year. I only have the PS2 version, instead of the 3DS version.

I Hope This Is Acceptable

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Overwatch: Dancing All Night

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

Probably gonna try and get back to Dragon Quest 8 in prep for 11 this year. I only have the PS2 version, instead of the 3DS version.

I Hope This Is Acceptable

The PS2 version looks and sounds better so you're good to go

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Yeah the 3ds experience wasnt great. Maybe i was expecting too much after the masterpiece of 5 on ds that i had just finished

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
reading the sonic adventure dx tcrf page and finding out that sonic adventure was basically 3/4 of a game full of bizarre programming decisions. for example, the main title is actually a horizontally flipped image and by default looks like this

they also accidentally left in a dev tool that lets you press y to make one of the bosses move on to its next attack

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Colonel posted:

reading the sonic adventure dx tcrf page and finding out that sonic adventure was basically 3/4 of a game full of bizarre programming decisions. for example, the main title is actually a horizontally flipped image and by default looks like this

they also accidentally left in a dev tool that lets you press y to make one of the bosses move on to its next attack
That image thing is really bizarre. Like how does that even happen?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Raxivace posted:

That image thing is really bizarre. Like how does that even happen?

i dunno, how does the big cannon in sky chase that you're supposed to destroy automatically start losing health and die if you take more than a minute to destroy it

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The Colonel posted:

i dunno, how does the big cannon in sky chase that you're supposed to destroy automatically start losing health and die if you take more than a minute to destroy it

It gets caught in one of Doctor Robotnik's Deadly Speed Traps

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm only an hour in but so far Tacoma is insanely my poo poo

No idea how I didn't hear about it before, don't recall it coming up in here

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah the 3ds experience wasnt great. Maybe i was expecting too much after the masterpiece of 5 on ds that i had just finished
radical!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I spent all my freetime working on a bad drawing instead of playing games again.

Tomorrow I'm probably gonna play my modded Skyrim and hopefully it won't blow up.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Internet Kraken posted:

I spent all my freetime working on a bad drawing instead of playing games again.

Tomorrow I'm probably gonna play my modded Skyrim and hopefully it won't blow up.

It's good to be a creator rather than a consumer, sometimes :gbsmith:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

That's a cute picture!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Braid was cool enough, I'd never play it again but I enjoyed what it did, it seemed to have a few genuinely clever ideas and it managed to execute them well.

The Witness, I dunno, I keep contemplating it, but honestly if I was gonna get a weird atmospheric puzzle game, I'd probably get Obduction instead.

The talos principle

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I actually finished up some chores early so I decided to play a little Skyrim before going to bed tonight.

Just started the game and as the intro begins I hear horrible clanging. As the screen unfades I noticed the cart was jerking around way more than usual. It was apparently half stuck in the ground and was violently phasing its way through the earth as the ingame cutscene progress. As it got to the village it started doing barrel and clipping through the NPCs. loving A+ Bethesda, really showing me picking this game up again was a good choice :regd09:

Here you can see the amazing parking job the driver did;

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Olive! posted:

It gets caught in one of Doctor Robotnik's Deadly Speed Traps

I got caught in bowsers time trap when cheating at mario 3

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Macaluso posted:

every game should have dating. undertale, life is strange: before the storm, overwatch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Internet Kraken posted:

I actually finished up some chores early so I decided to play a little Skyrim before going to bed tonight.

Just started the game and as the intro begins I hear horrible clanging. As the screen unfades I noticed the cart was jerking around way more than usual. It was apparently half stuck in the ground and was violently phasing its way through the earth as the ingame cutscene progress. As it got to the village it started doing barrel and clipping through the NPCs. loving A+ Bethesda, really showing me picking this game up again was a good choice :regd09:

Were you running it higher than 60 fps because it does not like that at all

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sorry, Lewis Hamilton is not a natural born US Citizen!

BAD END

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Internet Kraken posted:

Sakurazuka posted:

Were you running it higher than 60 fps because it does not like that at all

The Enhanced Edition gets rid of that particular bug.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Goodness I loved Braid.

There was something magical for me about that game. Those tricky puzzles would remain in my mind throughout the whole time I was playing it. I would be doing some work and mulling over how to get a particular piece and suddenly the answer would appear in my head and I could not wait to get home and try my thoughts out.

It was also backed up by having a truly beautiful soundtrack. The opening theme "Maeneum" is one of my most played songs because it is just so peaceful and gives me little goosebumps.

Even though there is no music, I am experiencing similar with the Witness and love the fiendish nature of the puzzles!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my niece forced me to speedrun breath of the wild at gunpoint, and boy do I wish this game had good combat cause the bad end boss rush would be real fun in a game with better fighting

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

precision posted:

I'm only an hour in but so far Tacoma is insanely my poo poo

No idea how I didn't hear about it before, don't recall it coming up in here

Tacoma is real solid, top 20 of 2017 easy. It's like a playable episode of Black Mirror

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tacoma was cool and pretty much a direct improvement upon all the storytelling aspects Fullbright pioneered with Gone Home in 2013. I didn't find it to be as personally affecting as GH but it told a good story and most importantly, it was short!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cars 4 looking good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I wish we had gotten more Space Channel 5. I imagine we would have gotten more if that sega/mtv thing went through where Ulala would be a cohost on it or whatever

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The speedrun for this game is amazing and I highly recommend everyone check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZtTsjp7Ik0

The Colonel posted:

What boss?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The steam sale ends in ~3 hours. This is your warning. Last chance to get that epic open-world rougelike early access zombie battle royale minecraft-clone you were looking at.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Saint Freak posted:

The steam sale ends in ~3 hours. This is your warning. Last chance to get that epic open-world rougelike early access zombie battle royale minecraft-clone you were looking at.

Ugh, I KNOW. I still can't decide what to spend the remainder of my budget on. :negative:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Did anyone play that LTTP clone Blossom Tales? It came out for Switch and it looks kinda fun. Might pick it up after work.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

Ugh, I KNOW. I still can't decide what to spend the remainder of my budget on. :negative:

Open Sorcery

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Edmond Dantes posted:

Ahaha 'budget' I've not spent this much on a fuckin sale in years :shepspends: I had no idea going into this how much I'd want. 2017 was loving incredible for games, in retrospect.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

Did anyone play that LTTP clone Blossom Tales? It came out for Switch and it looks kinda fun. Might pick it up after work.

I just play the original game when i get tempted by things like that.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zaggitz posted:

I just posted a mini-review of it in the Switch thread, but basically it's an adequate LTTP clone that does a handful of kind of frustrating or disappointing things. It's a 6/10 and that's a lot to do with how nice it looks and sounds and the overall charm, moreso than its gameplay.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Mister Adequate posted:

Ahaha 'budget' I've not spent this much on a fuckin sale in years :shepspends: I had no idea going into this how much I'd want. 2017 was loving incredible for games, in retrospect.

I'm actually super cheating this time. I usually budget ~50 bucks for sales, but I got a PS4 from overseas a month or so back and I got a refund on the import tax deposit for ~USD 40... which I immediately put into the gaming budget as "-40", even though since getting the PS4 I've spent a good $100 bucks on games for it. :shepspends:
Between (current) PSN and Steam sales, out of those now lying $90 I have $33 left which I'll probably use to grab Blades of the Shogun and a $10 PSN card to grab Stardust Ultra for the PS4.

I was thinking about getting XCOM2 but since I never played EW for longer than a couple missions I decided to reinstall that and will give it another go before jumping into 2.

Still on the fence regarding Caves of Qud; I've been warned against it as babby's first RL (it's also EA which I tend to avoid on principle), so I may just grab DoomRL instead and see if I actually like the genre and grab it next sale. Let's be honest here, it's not like I have nothing to play.

FirstAidKite posted:

Open Sorcery

I'm going to buy this sight unseen and report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I forget where I heard this but Caves of Qud is a passion project and so will be in early access forever? Like they'll never stop adding content to it. Maybe I'm just making that up.

• Locked thread