Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Your friend is never quitting league for dota. He hopes that you will enjoy league and play it instead of dota. Bronze 2 is like basement tier mmr. Under 2k, probably closer to 1500

He is pretty bad and tilts quite easily. He spend a ton of time watching and reading about league but has never gone beyond Bronze 2. The bet is that if I can place into bronze 2 or higher he switches to DotA.

I have one general complaint about league and it's players but people give up so loving fast. People start spamming the /surrender campaign as soon as they start losing.

Addamere posted:

oh hello there eve online wannabe spymaster Enigma89 how goes life

15% is fair mein freund. With that said Digi was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the idea that you have to 1v9 has pervaded the league community so anyone who personally is not immediately at the moment explicitly winning thinks the game is over because they can't hard carry.

it doesn't matter if they're playing a scaling champ who isn't far behind, which is in fact "winning," its time to surrender.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Enigma89 posted:

He is pretty bad and tilts quite easily. He spend a ton of time watching and reading about league but has never gone beyond Bronze 2. The bet is that if I can place into bronze 2 or higher he switches to DotA.

If your friend is so bad and tilty that he can't make it out of bronze 2 despite ostensibly investing a lot of time into learning about League there's no way he'll stick with DOTA.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

rabidsquid posted:

the idea that you have to 1v9 has pervaded the league community so anyone who personally is not immediately at the moment explicitly winning thinks the game is over because they can't hard carry.

it doesn't matter if they're playing a scaling champ who isn't far behind, which is in fact "winning," its time to surrender.

Wow the longest “we win late guys just don’t get caught (votes no)”I’ve ever seen

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The disgusting league mentality that every player needs to personally win the game. Shakes my head. Now if these guys would just peel for me I’d personally win the game.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

The trend of people not wanting to play out winnable games when they're even a little bit behind has gotten progressively worse every year that I've played this game.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
We’re just a few years behind the Koreans

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

people just have garbage morale in this game because they got tilted 4 games ago when their thresh support refused to buy sightstone and instead tried to rush shiv and steal kills. there is no real 1v9 mentality it is just people who have no discipline or whatever who get salty over tiny crap and lose the will to play games

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

pog boyfriend posted:

people just have garbage morale in this game because they got tilted 4 games ago when their thresh support refused to buy sightstone and instead tried to rush shiv and steal kills. there is no real 1v9 mentality it is just people who have no discipline or whatever who get salty over tiny crap and lose the will to play games

This is when you take a break, not continue to ruin games for 4 other people.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I think me not knowing league all too much makes it fun. All I see in dota are my mistakes and the mistakes of my team and the mistakes of the enemy.

I am purposely trying to stay ignorant of league outside of my own hero.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow the longest “we win late guys just don’t get caught (votes no)”I’ve ever seen

yeah when one person on the team isnt ahead the game is over and i unplug my computer from the wall. anything less is idiotic

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I’m good with the latter part.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

This is when you take a break, not continue to ruin games for 4 other people.

yeah i dislike it too but there are ppl in this thread who do that sort of thing. i have no idea why people play a game that they are not finding fun but whatever floats ones boat.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

See I’d say that one of the parts of the game I find unfun is playing out a losing game for 10 minutes while field general Vayne gives useful advice like “I carry” and “don’t get caught”

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

See I’d say that one of the parts of the game I find unfun is playing out a losing game for 10 minutes while field general Vayne gives useful advice like “I carry” and “don’t get caught”

those guys are the other side of the coin. both are equally bad. captain vayne and mutinous zed

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

I mean have you actually tried not getting caught. seems ok to me but idk

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
we have late game guys stay as 5

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

JerryLee posted:

Half the time "don't get caught" actually means "if we hide in our base maybe the enemy team will spend 30 minutes dicking around instead of ending the game." Then the person saying it gets caught anyway, you die saving them and then they bitch at you.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

JerryLee posted:

I actually want to get caught, that’s what excites me.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Crazy Larry posted:

Half the time "don't get caught" actually means "if we hide in our base maybe the enemy team will spend 30 minutes dicking around instead of ending the game." Then the person saying it gets caught anyway, you die saving them and then they bitch at you.

A lot of people seem to be totally cool wasting 10 more minutes on the hope that the enemy team is will just throw. It's weird

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Best thing you can do is just personally play well and in chat never try and antagonize the guys who are already being dipshits, force yourself to be positive and not cause back and forth rage chatter and defuse it if others cause it, then if your not being a dipshit yourself, they might even follow your calls for where they should go.

In those lower ranks, just play something that scales late and can melt towers within a single wave, probably with the help of a sheen item, people are notoriously bad at reacting to their towers falling or just basic situational awareness or where they should be in the wood tier ranks and then don't know they shouldn't come at the fed carry 5 levels and 5k gold above anyone else destroying their base 1 by 1 or that they shouldn't send 5 people to chase you while your team does baron either.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Rygar201 posted:

A lot of people seem to be totally cool wasting 10 more minutes on the hope that the enemy team is will just throw. It's weird

And they might throw too but “it’s just a game guys let’s have fun : )” is only a valid defense when it’s in support of killing supers with no vision on the map for 15 minutes instead of queuing up again, and not against it.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

people love to play out hour long games that they are losing in but theoretically favoured at full 6 slots for some reason

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

just play aram, where a long game is like 35 minutes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I played an hour long aram and stopped playing the game for over a month.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm generally fine playing out long games, but I'd prefer a surrender vote in cases where the probability of us coming back is almost entirely dependent on the enemy carries completely losing their minds. If the enemy team has Vayne and they get far enough ahead by midgame, then the game's over unless we have some ridiculous lockdown comp, and playing it out past that point just to lose when four item Vayne inevitably annihilates our backline in three shots isn't particularly fun or productive. I'd rather my team go apeshit taking low percentage plays to try and come back from a huge deficit instead of huddling in our base waiting to lose for another 10 minutes.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Lol if you're not full build at 30 minutes every game

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Best thing you can do is just personally play well and in chat never try and antagonize the guys who are already being dipshits, force yourself to be positive and not cause back and forth rage chatter and defuse it if others cause it, then if your not being a dipshit yourself, they might even follow your calls for where they should go.

Depending on how you get your fun from League of Legends, this might be the exact wrong advice.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
honestly early FF only matters if your teamcomp is focused on early or midgame winning. if you lose hard to a lategame scaling comp early you hosed up insanely hard and should probably surrender. If your team has a Vayne and Nasus on it then you are probably going to have to give up objectives early in order to maintain enough map control to survive to 40 minutes. If you don't like playing the long game then don't pick hyper scaling lategame champions and if your team does, then join them if you want to win.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

How Rude posted:

honestly early FF only matters if your teamcomp is focused on early or midgame winning. if you lose hard to a lategame scaling comp early you hosed up insanely hard and should probably surrender. If your team has a Vayne and Nasus on it then you are probably going to have to give up objectives early in order to maintain enough map control to survive to 40 minutes. If you don't like playing the long game then don't pick hyper scaling lategame champions and if your team does, then join them if you want to win.

Yeah that's nice and all but we're not talking about the games where your team slowly cedes objectives so they can safely scale into late game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

to me if your team gives up seventeen kills in four minutes, you have to concede. nobody wants to play that game out for sixty five minutes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm glad you agree with me now and have given up your original position & have also agreed to never play vayne again.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Clearly the only two possible game states are "late game team comp safely scaling" and "Yasuo has 10 kills at 5 minutes."

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm glad you also agree with me.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

The real victory screen in the video game League of Legends is the "Summoner has Disconnected" announcement after you've denied the third surrender attempt to a 1/8 master yi who has been calling the rest of the team useless retards for 25 minutes to which you respond, every time, "Don't worry buddy keep farming we got this : )"

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Camel Camus posted:

The real victory screen in the video game League of Legends is the "Summoner has Disconnected" announcement after you've denied the third surrender attempt to a 1/8 master yi who has been calling the rest of the team useless retards for 25 minutes to which you respond, every time, "Don't worry buddy keep farming we got this : )"

i never experience that because i am the guy picking master yi but when i play master yi i win games. *

*:not as much as when i play amumu, one of my most picked characters, that apparently i have never lost a game as. but i am still going to be picking master yi because he has a samurai sword

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I submit that playing out 70 minute comeback games Actually Owns, as almost invariably you get to watch someone on the enemy team slowly lose their mind as they realize their team is throwing

I played a ranked game once where we were down like 9k gold at 20 minutes against 2 hypercarries, one of which was a jinx that over the course of the game went from saying "ggezpz" before they cracked our base to demanding we report their shaco for splitpushing

Monicro fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 4, 2018

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I mean, I like 50 minute scraps to the death where we come back from our Nexus being at 80 HP with a win as much as the next summoner, but only once in a blue moon. If I had to do that poo poo more than once a season, I'd go insane.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think this game is pretty fun to play and usually have a good time as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enigma89 posted:

15% is fair mein freund. With that said Digi was wrong.