Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This is my rule as well although my new job is filled with liberals and leftists so I really only have to be careful around clients. One of my clients is a former Marine and the instant she found out I'm a veteran she assumed I was conservative so that's been awkward.

Everyone in my office is a Republican who hates Trump

I am in deep cover here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Gym bros, any thoughts on volume training? My trainer recommended it to me as a break from power lifting, and I just wondering if anyone had any success with it, and how the implemented it

What do you mean by volume training? going into higher rep ranges for sets? I like it, I think it's good to do all sorts of stuff from 2-30 reps unless you have very specific goals like increasing your 1 rep max. I think even then its good to to high rep stuff to let your connective tissue catch up, work on form, and build slabs of thick striated lean dense muscle that hangs off your frame impressively

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What do you mean by volume training? going into higher rep ranges for sets?

Yeah basically,

my previous routine was 3x a week, 3 working sets of 5 with 5-warm up sets

This one is 10 sets of 10

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
yikes, 10x10 sounds like something called german volume training and its a really old, weird workout scheme I think. Why is your trainer bouncing from one end to another with you like this?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

yikes, 10x10 sounds like something called german volume training and its a really old, weird workout scheme I think. Why is your trainer bouncing from one end to another with you like this?

Its literally german volume training but I didn't know if anyone would know what that means

Dunno, I told him I was interested in some cardio work to supplement my reduced walking from vacation and he gave me a couple of routines and this was one of them he wanted me to try

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Trainers need to constantly mix your routines up so you don't realize that you don't need them anymore. Usually with the excuse that it "keeps your body/muscles guessing."

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 4, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trainers need to constantly mix your routines up so you don't realize that you don't need them anymore.

Nah, having somebody on your rear end when you slack helps, along with knowing you are gonna disappoint someone if you make excuses

I don't use a trainer regularly tho, usually I just schedule a few appointments every few months to check up on stuff

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm referring more for the 3x a week sessions at Planet Fitness.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 4, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Nah, having somebody on your rear end when you slack helps, along with knowing you are gonna disappoint someone if you make excuses

The second part is the responsibility of your sexual partners! I never want to go to the gym but I must be strong enough to take my lady to pound town. Choo choo.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The second part is the responsibility of your sexual partners! I never want to go to the gym but I must be strong enough to take my lady to pound town. Choo choo.

your mom says she doesn't mind a little flab tho

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The top tank of the communal house bathroom is now reddish brown. This of course feeds into the bowl being a reddish brown. At first I suspected a classic double decker, but it seems to be poop free. Is this something I should fix on my own or worthy enough to contact the landlord?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

your mom says she doesn't mind a little flab tho

That's what she calls your dick

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

That's what she calls your dick

gently caress

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It doesn't take me any strength to have sex wiht my dolls,get on my level you plebe

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its literally german volume training but I didn't know if anyone would know what that means

Dunno, I told him I was interested in some cardio work to supplement my reduced walking from vacation and he gave me a couple of routines and this was one of them he wanted me to try

I've never bothered with weighted cardio lifting stuff. I used to just do hiit on a bike and sprints in a park. Could never get into road running even when I was right into mma and bjj or before that rugby and soccer. Running just makes me want to shoot myself.

I keep my reps in the 8-12 range unless I really want to bust a plateu then do 5x5 for a few weeks. I've thought about trying some of that stuff where you restrict circulation and do light weights thats apparently the new hotness in certain circles but I'd look like a fuckin idiot so I don't.

I'm thinking about trying yoga given that it's a new year but prolly wait a month for the new years crowd to thin out.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah basically,

my previous routine was 3x a week, 3 working sets of 5 with 5-warm up sets

This one is 10 sets of 10

That's a lot of volume. What percentage of your 1rm is he saying to base this on? If he said something like 30% of 1rm, I can see it. A couple years back, there was a pretty widely talked about study that said that this kind of volume workout was just as effective at building muscle as lifting heavy. I was always told that high-rep low weight exercises were more for scultping than building strength. I lift mostly for aesthetics, so my basic routine 4-5 sets of 15 reps per exercise at 80% of 1rm which gives me both

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My right nipple was chafing so hard all day.

Left nipple was fine :shrug:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

the mean lunch lady posted:

Arctic Zero is straight TRASH

Almost every Halo Top I've had has been good, except the Lemon Cake one. Chocolate covered banana or oatmeal cookie might be my favorite.
The rainbow flavor is godawful, the cookie dough one I liked and I would buy it more often if it was 5$ for one of those little suckers

In terms of getting better shape I feel like I should stop using my laptop on a coffee table as I lounge on my couch like a decadent Roman Emperor.

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/948657342308147202/photo/1
:swoon:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The top tank of the communal house bathroom is now reddish brown. This of course feeds into the bowl being a reddish brown. At first I suspected a classic double decker, but it seems to be poop free. Is this something I should fix on my own or worthy enough to contact the landlord?

Sounds like rust?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

My right nipple was chafing so hard all day.

Left nipple was fine :shrug:

Tell your spouse to switch hands next time

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Sounds like rust?

Yeah apparently a bunch of houses east of cap hill are having this problem. So good for the house/landlord. But I can't find anything on the news about it.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Those cans of spray foam insulate are a god send when you own a 100yr old home and need to plug up small drafts introduced through the century of renovations and such. Only problem is the turds that added a new kitchen area did not bother to condition or insulate the crawl space underneath so the tiles are god drat ICE right now. Gonna have to take care of that in the spring :(

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/948747423022710785

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/948762421501493248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lmao trump/bannon is in the intro to new x-files episode 1

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

drain it and scrub it with vinegar

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Related: Kendrick Lamar is performing at halftime lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gently caress em up, kendrick

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I kind of envy my dog. It’s not that he sleeps 23 hours a day, for at least several of those hours he’s mentally awake, but just seemingly can’t congeal his body from an ooze-like state. He’s the single most relaxed little puddle of a creature, even outdoing the cat and her sunbeam in that he manages it so consistently and for so long a duration.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

First post in the chat thread

Face the bloodshed boys

Fuxk it all and embrace the darkness

Also listen to the new nobody else ep by idealism

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Also I've never really been a fan of trap poo poo but drat if boost my ego with kodak and future doesn't sound amazing while baked

Happy new year

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I hope the college players kneel for the anthem.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

I hope the college players kneel for the anthem.

same

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pardon my Take is kinda dumb but occasionally really funny.

They were saying that college players get all this stuff in exchange in for playing and Arian Foster just goes
"That's indentured servitude"
"Oh gently caress. I'm gonna have to ignore that because I want to continue enjoying the product"

Don't know if I've heard the argument made quite that way but it was succinct and punchy.

Also I miss Arian Foster.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Money23Green/status/948784477131522048

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/948917687543062528

president bigly is shook

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/948915707735048192

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kinda surprised it took Sessions this long, marijuana is his white whale and he'll do anything to try to get rid of it.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Here's to hoping that appropriations bill continues rohrabacher-blumenauer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
VA is going to pull a name out of a hat to decide which party controls the lower house of the VA State Legislature at 11 AM today.

I'm nervous but hopeful.