Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

botany posted:

wait are all of those real :psyduck:

what's going on with this game

I gave up on consume after arachas queen only went off twice two games in a row. It's maddening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://clips.twitch.tv/CorrectSpicyMacaroniKappaClaus

Bravo. Well done!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Is there something before this clip that explains why shooting a dwarf with thunder is interesting?

Edit: Oh, I see. He's supposed to have a second thunder which he'd have to use on his own unit, but he clicks fast enough that they both are considered used, like when the arachys queen gets robbed of devours.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 29, 2017

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
I am stuck at at rank 20 and cannot get gud enough to get to GM rank. Feel bad for me plz.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'm so glad I haven't run into people abusing these UI bugs, I'd probably be pretty darn ticked off with this update if I had :stare:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
where do i see my daily quests?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

botany posted:

where do i see my daily quests?

It's a tab in the social sidebar thing where you can look at your friends list

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

No Mods No Masters posted:

It's a tab in the social sidebar thing where you can look at your friends list

ooooh thanks! wonder why they put them there, that's a pretty counter-intuitive location

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

botany posted:

ooooh thanks! wonder why they put them there, that's a pretty counter-intuitive location

As with many mysterious and/or broken things in this patch, I assume the reason is they rushed it out so everyone could go on vacation

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

No Mods No Masters posted:

As with many mysterious and/or broken things in this patch, I assume the reason is they rushed it out so everyone could go on vacation

yeah, seems like it

i also really dislike that they pushed the patch during a season, so now i don't have access to end-of-season card kegs, and thus can't actually use any of the cool new poo poo. that seems really badly thought out and i don't understand it.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
If you want to legally tank your mmr before the new season, start playing Moonlight at 4300+. :suicide:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Triss butt
saskia
isengrim : outlaw
isengrim

aelirenn
ciaran
last wish
malena
toruviel
ele'yas

3 elven wardancers
3 blue mountain commandos
3 mahakam volunteers
3 vrihedd vanguard
3 vrihedd officers
2 half elf hunters

if you like to see a big number next to your side of the board this is fairly fun
This needs some adjustments but I've been on a roll with it lately. it will probably never work consistently above 4k because you need a little bit of luck both in your starting hand and in your opponents composition, but if they don't have a way to stop trissbutt or the vrihedd recycling the tempo is insane.

malena, last wish and ele'yas probably could all be swapped out for something else. Malena in particular doesn't do much. I feel like her threshold for stealing a card is so low that she's out of place here except as another elf buff body

Up Circle fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 30, 2017

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see your leader. That a Francesca list?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Ah yeah, I knew I forgot something. I don't think any other leader fits. Filavendrel I haven't even played around with

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
holy poo poo ciri nova is such a goddamn dumb card

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://i.gyazo.com/bf864915b3aeff33f3f618664f6afe06.mp4

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, it's a known bug. When CDPR gets back from vacation they need to fix about 30 bugs in a week if they hope to regain faith.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

nice

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

this patch continues to surprise me, doppler'd units count as ressed units for things like cerys, or the skellige unit that deals 6 damage when rezzed.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/GWENTMasters/status/948910767084011522

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

are they retards

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
where are my kegs

where my kegs at

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
uh, so

turn three, my opponent has played all their cards, only card i have left is an aglais. that's enough points for me to win. i play her and see that literally the only spell in my opponents graveyard is a scorch that will kill my 18 point protector.

and that's how i found out that if you let the timer run out, aglais still gets put on the battlefield but you don't actually have to play a spell. feels like a dirty win, and i'm not sure this is intended.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I think you can just click confirm without making a selection to do that

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oh yeah one of CDPR's community managers confirmed they're not gonna ban anyone who abused the current bugs in Pro Ladder lol

also he maybe clarified a bit on the season end/skipped ranks rewards stuff

it seems tanking your MMR is useless then

rip that guy that got permabanned

frajaq fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 4, 2018

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I hope you guys like dwarves!

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/7o73bh/burzas_statement_that_the_next_hotfix_will_only/

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

CDPR might have hosed up a bit with the bugs and some of the balance stuff but most gamers are such loving whiny entitled children, I can never read much of any games' reddit because it's too disgusting.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

so now that burza greenlit using exploits I'm just stealing everything with emhyr + cahir and it's leading to some pretty hilarious poo poo (for me)

when i used his emhyr to steal the first gold card he played, he forfeit.

apparently it works with venedal elite so you can just straight rip cards outta people's hands.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Personally I think that is a tad malicious, but as you say, it isn't like they were handing out bans :shrug:

I'll just be satisfied once arachas queen always consumes three things instead of two.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

nah burza explicitly said today that they're not gonna ban people for using exploits, so, gently caress it. might as well have some fun with this patch before the hotfix arrives.

also tbh it doesn't even win that much, skellige and dorfs making GBS threads 16 points on to the board every turn is pretty hard to over come. there's a reason nobody is playing spies right now...

Minera fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 5, 2018

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Get Shuped!

Didn't really want to push for 19 this time around so I decided to tank my rating with this deck. Lost three games where I played badly and also didn't get Shupe, then all of a sudden, Shupe!

I hope they fix all the bugs and stuff, but I also hope they do something about silver spies soon too. Spy -> Summoning Circle -> Spy -> Summoning Circle -> Spy from Runestone, whoops you missed one of those things so you lose.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Minrad posted:

I think you can just click confirm without making a selection to do that

i did not know that and i could swear it used to be different at some point.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Given that most of the exploits are just due to clicking fast, I'm sure a number of players have probably triggered them accidentally, and CDPR probably doesn't have a way to distinguish deliberate exploits from accidental ones, so banning people would just create a huge dramabomb and piss everyone off. Even if they only banned players who were repeatedly using them, it could theoretically be argued that some of those folks didn't know it wasn't intended behavior, given the wholesale changes and all the card description fuckups they introduced in the last patch. As long as they get the bugfix patch out quickly, it's not that big a deal overall, really.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Sooo... is the first Nilfgaard leader you unlock in the challenges supposed to be a second copy of Emhyr?

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

God bless this patch:

https://youtu.be/liMUuZk_cGQ

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I just hit a revealed Hattori with a Venendal Elite, and I've never felt more cruel.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Vastakaiun posted:

Sooo... is the first Nilfgaard leader you unlock in the challenges supposed to be a second copy of Emhyr?

Aren’t there copies of leaders with different abilities?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

No.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Minrad posted:

so now that burza greenlit using exploits I'm just stealing everything with emhyr + cahir and it's leading to some pretty hilarious poo poo (for me)

when i used his emhyr to steal the first gold card he played, he forfeit.

apparently it works with venedal elite so you can just straight rip cards outta people's hands.

Wait how’d you do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

MarshyMcFly posted:

Wait how’d you do that?

There are currently several bugs that trigger based on clicking too quickly. With Emhyr you can pick up your opponent's cards.