Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Well, now that you've mentioned it, they're going to have two $1M spikes by 12/31. I am still laughing about the two from the first week of the month. They're not even hiding it anymore.

How many years were you talking about the 2 $1M spikes on the discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dusty Lens posted:

Anyways I've invented a time machine that only travels forward in time and only moves at the speed of perception.

The cardboard is to throw off would be thieves.

Please step into my called it box.

*steps*

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Probate Derek.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Probate him for an hour for each person on his block list whenever he mentions it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

yeah but you've been saying the big end times thing is coming for over two years so it's pretty obvious you don't know poo poo you just keep throwing the ele at the wall until it sticks. It's just more lols for the pile though so keep it up.

Two weeks.

Everyone just got the wrong two weeks.

It's a trap.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I call this piece my next blog

oil on canvas

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Man, when I watched Space Court on TV something happened in every single episode

What is this two weeks poo poo

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Star Citizen : Barely Legal

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
okay ill bite, can someone explain what the current thread bullshit is

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Legal blueballs, mostly

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Alan Smithee posted:

Hello. Skadden is the name of the law firm representing Crytek in their suit against Cloud Imperium Games. Skadden Freude is meant to be a play on words of the French term Skaddenfood, meaning to make an enemy defeated in war eat the poo poo out of your rear end.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Lladre posted:

I don't care about any of that. Hope that helps.
He doesn't read anything I post because I said his game sucks rear end, (which it does).

i don't care about derek smart because derek smart sucks let me tell you how much derek smart sucks because i don't care about derek smart derek smart derek smart derek smart DEREK SMART

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Alan Smithee posted:

CIG fails to make a game.

Derek fails to predict CIG's downfall.

The thread makes fun of Derek.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Mr.Tophat posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:aslol:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

stingtwo posted:

Wouldn't yanking code that was created by Amazon specifically for lumberyard and putting it back into Cryengine be copyright infringement. Lumberyard isn't GPL/GNU/Whatever other licenses that allows you to use code from it.

I mean you have stated outside of license changes, they are still using Cryengine.

They are not using CryEngine pure any more. Neither is Amazon.

Star Engine (custom) = CE + bullshit hacks

Lumberyard (custom) = CE + advancements

This is precisely why I had stated that those clowns couldn't have switched their custom code from CE to LY in "a matter of days", and that they LIED about it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i don't care about derek smart because derek smart sucks let me tell you how much derek smart sucks because i don't care about derek smart derek smart derek smart derek smart DEREK SMART

His trolling is as hideous as his avatar.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dusty Lens posted:

A few people have, yes. It's a point that pops up every few months to test the called it waters before sliding back down to sleep.

The theory is consistent with CIG's track records of burning every company it works with. Turbulent has also been their go to fall guy for wild accidental typos on ship pages during sales that get corrected a day or two after the initial gold rush. Turbulent must be really bad as it's happened about fifteen times.

The juice in the Turbulent theory is the notion that they know exactly where all of the bodies are buried and have all of the charts and graphs showing where the murders have been, are and will be happening in the future.

But I doubt Turbulent will do anything that might hurt its ability to form relationships with other companies just because CIG is foundering.

Yeah, I have no reason to believe that CIG is going to mess with Turbulent to the point of being sued by them. As long as they are not sued, Turbulent can't do anything due to NDA. But yeah, they know things.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hav posted:

It really hurts your standpoint if you have the quoting people who are blocked prohibition, then quote the post that was...

You know, I'm giving up. You pretend to block people, but you can't stop looking. Just give it up, nobody cares.

uhm, he's blocked. I only read + quoted his response because YOU quoted it. Otherwise I would NOT have seen it. Geez

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&pagenumber=3375#post479912712

And this why I used to block people who quote people I had blocked; and had a hit list in my sig. I stopped doing that because I was needlessly blocking people who weren't doing what those fuckheads were doing.

----------------

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I have no reason to believe that CIG is going to mess with Turbulent to the point of being sued by them. As long as they are not sued, Turbulent can't do anything due to NDA. But yeah, they know things.

Turbulent are still 'in the tank' and you don't bite the hand that feeds.

Well, not until it stops paying invoices.

D_Smart posted:

And this why I used to block people who quote people I had blocked; and had a hit list in my sig. I stopped doing that because I was needlessly blocking people who weren't doing what those fuckheads were doing.

Fair do, then. I'll stop splitting my replies out of respect.

To take a tangent, has anyone checked Freyermuth's court record? I can find a Reed Freyermuth, who appears to have credit issues, but not Ortwin Sam Freyermuth.

Hav fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 4, 2018

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hav posted:

Yeah, you can see my quandary; I'm completely unable to see your thoughts and work with the paperwork. At the moment _I know_ that Paracorp was primary, but they're not Counsel. There's also the second string that you could be lying, but I'm going to believe that you have the details and won't burn your sources.

Not sure what any of that means. The registered agent was served. Which in every state is a valid service. Who said they were counsel? I certainly didn't because I was the one who broke the news about their attorneys even before the lawsuit was publicly live.

e.g. my registered agents are CSC. If my company is going to get sued, they're not going to come to my office to do it. They will serve it on CSC, who then notify me.

----------------

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

I certainly didn't because I was the one who broke the news about their attorneys even before the lawsuit was publicly live.

Where and who is this? You mean Crytek & Skadden?

Edit: Ditto on CSC; small world. They also do our corporate domains.

Hav fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 4, 2018

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Watch out Hav he'll sue you for defamation right after he finishes doing nothing to suing the Montoya guy

Personally, I'll wait for the blog for the 5,000 word summary.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Personally, I'll wait for the blog for the 5,000 word summary.

You paid money only to talk to goons about star citizen.

:smugdon:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

I literally don't care. Paperwork is factual and king, everything else is just arguing. It's not like this dead gay comedy forum is anything other than a dead gay comedy forum, but I've grown very fond of everyone in this dumb place. Even Derek.

He's an idiot. That's why he's blocked.

We've been talking about it on my Discord this whole year. I never divulged it because I was told NOT to. I don't, never have, never will burn sources for lols.

e.g. I knew why (Ortwin had a flimsy waiver) they did the amendment. Though I mentioned it on Discord and in my Twitter feed, I didn't expand on it until the amendment was filed.

Also, I know the name of the law firm they hired but I had refrained from saying anything because I was waiting for it to be public via their response yesterday. Now that it's been delayed another 14 days, I was waiting for the OK to share the info. And once I get it, I will - long before it becomes public via their filed response.

When the talks broke down, and knew they were going to file, I didn't have the OK to say anything.

When it was filed - and before it even appeared on PACER, I still didn't have permission to say anything until it was SERVED. Which is why my thread on it started this way on Dec 13th - the day it was served.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/940947796794003457

And the hints in those first Tweets were because due to time difference, I STILL didn't have the OK to say anything - and I couldn't. The PACER listing didn't appear until the night of Dec 12th.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/23222744/Crytek_GmbH_v_Cloud_Imperium_Games_Corp_et_al

You never divulged it because you are full ... of ... poo poo. Share the loving info then if you have it. What's the name of the law firm?

PM Beet and tell him not to divulge it.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sickening posted:

You paid money only to talk to goons about star citizen.

:smugdon:

It's so much more than that. And furthermore.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

full ... of ... poo poo.

:ironicat:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Dusty Lens posted:

I call this piece my next blog

oil on canvas

Star Citizen the gif

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

OH MY GOD What have you done??????????????????? Now he's probably coming here to post about a tweet that refers to a blog that consists of more tweets of previous blogs about stuff that he predicted two weeks after they happened but 90 days before the fist blogtweet about the ELE something something that he has to lookup first when he's home again. Or something.

Didn't you get the memo from his discord?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

Star Citizen the gif

Star Citizen the legal case the gif.

Edit: performance review written. I did great.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The name of the law firm is [POTATO]

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

You never divulged it because you are full ... of ... poo poo. Share the loving info then if you have it. What's the name of the law firm?

Maybe he'd consider divulging it if you get off your own rear end and write a response to the complaint(s).

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

You guys think you're pissed now? Well then, better get ready for my upcoming blog because it's got some things that nobody saw coming, and which I can 100% guarantee will lead to legal action that will subsequently *force CIG to produce the promised financial accounting for the project - something that most of you are too scared to see happen.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Sickening posted:

CIG fails to make a game.

Derek fails to predict CIG's downfall.

The thread makes fun of Derek.

so why are people extra mad abaout derek now

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

I literally don't care. Paperwork is factual and king, everything else is just arguing. It's not like this dead gay comedy forum is anything other than a dead gay comedy forum, but I've grown very fond of everyone in this dumb place. Even Derek.

He's an idiot. That's why he's blocked.

We've been talking about it on my Discord this whole year. I never divulged it because I was told NOT to. I don't, never have, never will burn sources for lols.

e.g. I knew why (Ortwin had a flimsy waiver) they did the amendment. Though I mentioned it on Discord and in my Twitter feed, I didn't expand on it until the amendment was filed.

Also, I know the name of the law firm they hired but I had refrained from saying anything because I was waiting for it to be public via their response yesterday. Now that it's been delayed another 14 days, I was waiting for the OK to share the info. And once I get it, I will - long before it becomes public via their filed response.

When the talks broke down, and knew they were going to file, I didn't have the OK to say anything.

When it was filed - and before it even appeared on PACER, I still didn't have permission to say anything until it was SERVED. Which is why my thread on it started this way on Dec 13th - the day it was served.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/940947796794003457

And the hints in those first Tweets were because due to time difference, I STILL didn't have the OK to say anything - and I couldn't. The PACER listing didn't appear until the night of Dec 12th.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/23222744/Crytek_GmbH_v_Cloud_Imperium_Games_Corp_et_al

If you had the balls, you'd TOXX on that statement.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Did you get permission to quote the poo poo out of that

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Alan Smithee posted:

Because the bullshit pile reached climax and started to spill over.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

He was right.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Hold on guys, new tweet storm incoming :kingsley:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

It's like the waves of the sea, bitching at the beach.

Regrettable posted:

He was right.

And that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I and a few others have known about Crytek going to court since at least March 2017. I think references and hints probably exist earlier but, March is when I learned most about it. Feel free not to believe me :gary: