Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

tsa posted:

His mom was the citizen, not his dad. But besides that:

:shrug:

probably not but without a supreme court case it's all speculation

There are two ways to be born a U.S. citizen: either be born in American territory OR at least one of your parents must be a U.S. citizen. His mother being a U.S. citizen mean Obama is too, Q.E.D.

Anyway, cartoons:

Title: "What are you going to do with your Bitcoin?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I was wondering what this gif was from, did a reverse image search, and lol.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 43 minutes!

I think it was Priggee who drew Trump as a rooster taking credit for the sunrise before he was even inaugurated

it was over that auto plant that only outsourced 50 jobs instead of 100 of them or something??? Alas for this accursed news cycle renders me unable to remember current events after like a month or so

Cartoons, though, with those my mind is a steel trap

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The hivemind is strong with this gag.

"Strategic Error Command" :discourse:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I was going to skip that Garrison rant because it seemed like just a rehash of his usual stuff, but I'm sure glad I didn't because then I would have missed John Podesta, son of Josef Mengele.

Also I love Garrison assuming his readers are idiots who can't understand the most basic metaphors:

quote:

My latest cartoon features a police lineup. At such an event, the eyewitness chooses a perpetrator. In this case they’re all guilty.
I mean, he's right, it's just funny that he thinks so.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

??
Did he accidentally make a cartoon about his side? I don't know who else he's trying to talk about here.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

??
Did he accidentally make a cartoon about his side? I don't know who else he's trying to talk about here.

He's saying that white people shouldn't care about what black people say regardless of what it is. Probably.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

cheetah7071 posted:

He's saying that white people shouldn't care about what black people say regardless of what it is. Probably.

i mean the redpanels guy used to constantly do "you're being a neo-nazi wrong!!!" strips too

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
The primary point of the cartoon is a criticism of the alt-right; it legit took me a second to figure out it was a criticism from within :eyepop: They usually don't do that

Like, the only way I can tell the thesis is "some people are being racist incorrectly" rather than "racists are dumb hypocrites in general" is the way the black people are talking. Well. And my prior knowledge of the author, I guess.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

The primary point of the cartoon is a criticism of the alt-right; it legit took me a second to figure out it was a criticism from within :eyepop: They usually don't do that

Like, the only way I can tell the thesis is "some people are being racist incorrectly" rather than "racists are dumb hypocrites in general" is the way the black people are talking. Well. And my prior knowledge of the author, I guess.

Their current MO is to go after the “alt-lite” because the snowflakes are scary and mean.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

This is so racist, i feel like I am gaslighted. I keep on trying to AGC it but it isn't working!

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Starshark posted:

I should be used to this by now but it still annoys me that right wingers who purport to be supporting women in Muslim countries don't know what dress they wear.

(It's because they don't actually support women in Muslim countriesanywhere)

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Katt posted:

Book reader here. :argh:

John Snow is dead
Little finger is about to marry Sansha
Stanis is about to defeat Ramsey in combat

He's never going to finish the books, you know.

Or they're going to be a departure from the series, which is going to piss people off.

Or they won't, and other people will declare that he's a sell-out to the TV stuff.

Any way you go about it, we lose.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation

Axe-man posted:

This is so racist, i feel like I am gaslighted. I keep on trying to AGC it but it isn't working!

pfff, easy

The alt-right's views stem from a persecution complex which manifests as an almost pathological need to have other people say nice things about them, hinting at gnawing insecurity. Hence, they are more concerned with whether people call them racist than they are with racism. They should seek therapy. AGC.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah :mitt: is gonna be the guy to take Trump down! :laffo:

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

??

I think he's saying that There Are No Good Ones

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
How does anyone think Anyone But Mitt is a good opponent to anyone? He didn't really win the 2012 nomination, he just happened to watch all his opposition set themselves on fire repeatedly. Did he even surface for 2016? I don't remember anyone but Cruz, Rubio and Jeb!

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

TheDarkFlame posted:

How does anyone think Anyone But Mitt is a good opponent to anyone? He didn't really win the 2012 nomination, he just happened to watch all his opposition set themselves on fire repeatedly. Did he even surface for 2016? I don't remember anyone but Cruz, Rubio and Jeb!

No, after he lost twice he decided to take a powder. I guess he's decided there's been "enough time", and being a Mormon conservative is his path to take over Hatch's seat in "the state where the Mormons are".

It'll probably work. And he's probably at least a minor improvement over Orrin loving Hatch and certainly won't be any worse.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
From a while back, but...

Katt posted:

Since his father was a US citizen. Does it even matter where Obama was born?
It shouldn't matter, and it's really obvious that it shouldn't matter, but it's technically never been proven because nobody's ever run who was not born on U.S. soil*. The U.S. (like most countries on the American continents and basically nowhere else) has both jus soli and jus sanguinis, so you're a "natural-born citizen" if either one of your parents was an American citizen or if you were born on U.S. soil.

The phrase "natural-born citizen" is in quotes there because that's all that Article Two of the Constitution says. The question becomes "are you a natural-born citizen if neither of your parents were but you were born here?" which is a loving obvious slam dunk... but then again we have the Roberts Court.

Summary: Doesn't matter, could theoretically matter in most insane possible universe even given the current one we live in.

*footnote needed because John McCain was born on a Naval base in Panama which is hilarious in historical context so it gets a spoiler tag in case someone didn't know.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

... Kim Jong Un is a Staples product?

(Also I'm 95% certain he's deliberately riling up Trump, looking at their other foreign policy moves at the same time...)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wait uhh are there people out there that when they hear someone say "I've got a big dick" they think "that guy must have a big dick"?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wait uhh are there people out there that when they hear someone say "I've got a big dick" they think "that guy must have a big dick"?

ben garrison exists, yes

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mitt won for two reasons: the first is that he outspent his opponents by a laughable margin. Like he spent more than his three major competitors combined, and he paid about 20 bucks per primary vote.

The second reason is Newt Gingrich. Newt won South Carolina, which at that point had been a predictor for the GOP primary for about 20 years. So Newt doggedly stayed in the race even when it was clear he had no chance, and this effectively split the tea party vote. So in a way we can thank Newt, because Santorum would have made for an unbearable election.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

From a while back, but...

It shouldn't matter, and it's really obvious that it shouldn't matter, but it's technically never been proven because nobody's ever run who was not born on U.S. soil*. The U.S. (like most countries on the American continents and basically nowhere else) has both jus soli and jus sanguinis, so you're a "natural-born citizen" if either one of your parents was an American citizen or if you were born on U.S. soil.

The phrase "natural-born citizen" is in quotes there because that's all that Article Two of the Constitution says. The question becomes "are you a natural-born citizen if neither of your parents were but you were born here?" which is a loving obvious slam dunk... but then again we have the Roberts Court.

Summary: Doesn't matter, could theoretically matter in most insane possible universe even given the current one we live in.

*footnote needed because John McCain was born on a Naval base in Panama which is hilarious in historical context so it gets a spoiler tag in case someone didn't know.

*Don't forget about The Zodiac Killer Ted Cruz

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Character gets called out for long ongoing hypocrisy and defense of "I was being ironic! ha ha" is discarded immediately. This is the best Prickly City ever.
I mean, this will be forgotten in a second and it won't change anything and the strip will continue its hypocritical bullheadedness immediately like this never happened, but still. It's a nice moment.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Technowolf posted:

There are two ways to be born a U.S. citizen: either be born in American territory OR at least one of your parents must be a U.S. citizen. His mother being a U.S. citizen mean Obama is too, Q.E.D.

Anyway, cartoons:

Title: "What are you going to do with your Bitcoin?"

What one of my business associates did with his Bitcoin.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

He took a picture of a car??

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

dear lord what did I just watch :stare:

I had no idea the video for this song was so friggin' weird

If you are reading this thread and have not watched a couple spitting image sections on youtube then you are really missing out.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

VideoGameVet posted:

So, he took his rapidly depreciating asset and converted it in to,.... Another rapidly depreciating asset.

I guess this one is at least marginally useful while it depreciates.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

VideoGameVet posted:

Yup this is a thing. Never carpool in that car if he asks you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MikeyTsi posted:

"Norks". For when you REALLY want to use a racial slur but you're too lazy to actually look it up.

It might just be stupider than that as the only place I've seen "Norks" used as an insult was the terrible Homefront videogame series.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Lord help me, but the Trump quote there made me think of was this from Shock Treatment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDvXS1nVQg&t=66s

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

DACK FAYDEN posted:

pyf Spitting Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDk6ZeGNnU

this is the correct answer at every single point even though they had a few other good ones

bring back splitting image

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

TheDarkFlame posted:

I vaguely remember some noise from some(?) Republicans(??) during 2016 about Mitt saving them from Trump. Never amounted to anything and almost all of them fell in line eventually regardless.

re: "natural born citizen" maybe it's a Shakespeare joke. Makes as much sense as anything.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

VideoGameVet posted:

So what? I could do the same with a packet of McDonald's sauce.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

muscles like this! posted:

It might just be stupider than that as the only place I've seen "Norks" used as an insult was the terrible Homefront videogame series.

"Norks" is also, I believe, a somewhat old-fashioned British word for tits. So there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

T-man posted:

People who hate trans people before transitioning themselves are always the most sad thing to deal with as a trans person. :smith:

I realize this is from pages ago but this post really hit me hard. I believe much more strongly in reformation and second chances than a lot of other people I know.

It's not the case for the majority of transphobes, of course. But internalized transphobia is very real. It sucks for everyone involved.