Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

the second of these opinions is defensible but wtf to the first

Section 80 fanboys are real and legion in the rap thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

b-minus1 posted:

lol. that was before my time. I didn't even know this happened.

Yep, it was the first year of the BCS. Tulane rolled up Conference USA and was 10th in the final BCS poll, but the mid-major conferences weren't even part of the original BCS system and there wasn't the contractual obligations for inclusion back then, so Tulane was completely ignored.

Utah would have had the same treatment in 04 had Orrin Hatch not gone to bat for them with Congressional hearings and threats of IRS audits of the BCS bowls.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Section 80 fanboys are real and legion in the rap thread

I mean it's very good but come on

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
GKMC is definitely better

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
drat is one of the best albums to come out in a long time.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I was kidding. (Not about the Big Thief thing, that was true.)

GKMC is indeed actually his best album.

Additionally, drat > TPAB.

https://twitter.com/ESPNUonSiriusXM/status/948948789557161986

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 4, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

D.N. Nation posted:

I was kidding. (Not about the Big Thief thing, that was true.)

GKMC is indeed actually his best album.

Accurate

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
LIsten to ATLiens by Outkast and then drat right after.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I started to get really angry and type up a care post but I'm just gonna leave it at lol gently caress you dude

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Lyle

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He did have their best seasons since 2007 and hilariously he is not wrong about the winning back to back bowl games thing!

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
All of Kendrick stuff is great but section 80 is for sure his best release

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
can someone ask Kendrick what he thinks about UCF's national championship

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

He'd till tell them to sit down and be humble

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Korranus posted:

You and Boise had your chance

Never forget those glorious few days when SDSU was gonna join the Big East

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
UCF is paying their coaches a national championship bonus lol

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Quandary posted:

All of Kendrick stuff is great but section 80 is for sure his best release

^

good poster, b.A.d. opinion

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

boop the snoot posted:

This is legitimately a good gesture and a smart idea

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

Even the ones on the Nebraska staff?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

a neat cape posted:

Yep

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

a neat cape posted:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...000/1001924001/

“According to associate athletics director for communications Andy Seeley, UCF is distributing an additional $300,000 to the nine on-field assistants and $25,000 to the support staff, which will be divvied up at the discretion of head coach Scott Frost, who is departing for Nebraska, with the approval of athletics director Danny White.”

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
They're all on the Nebraska staff. Frost brought the whole drat gang.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope some obscure local paper recognizes them as champions and they get a trophy made.

2017 Orlando Sunday Gazette National Champions trophy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

I hope some obscure local paper recognizes them as champions and they get a trophy made.

Lebatard is running with it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

boop the snoot posted:

One of the old BCS computer rankings has them one, and plenty of teams have claimed titles based on dubious ranking systems, often done way after the fact

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That’s a good way to attract an up and coming coach who is on a solid trajectory and show they are seriously financially invested. UCF has like a billion alumni so I’m not to sure that they won’t get that back quickly via fundraising.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
UCF claim on this title is more solid than like 3 of Bama's claimed titles.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
UCF should claim a natty tbh and I for one support their efforts, and on top of that I feel better going into next season knowing Auburn has a losing streak in Atlanta

Also while Section 80 is good it's nowhere near GKMC and drat imo

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

UCF should get Trump to invite them to the White House as national champs.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Auburn and UGA have losing records against directional Florida schools in the new millenium

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky claims a title from the 1950 season based on Sagarin rankings or something similar of previous years. They went 10-1 and beat OU in the Sugar Bowl ending their long winning streak, but the AP didn't vote again after bowl games so Oklahoma was already crowned champion.

UK also won the NCAA tournament in the 50-51 season. They gave Rupp a Cadillac. They gave Bear Bryant a watch. God dammit Kentucky could you not have ponied up for a car for the Bear too? Is that why we are cursed? Is Bear Bryant's watch our billy goat?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Kentucky claims a title from the 1950 season based on Sagarin rankings or something similar of previous years. They went 10-1 and beat OU in the Sugar Bowl ending their long winning streak, but the AP didn't vote again after bowl games so Oklahoma was already crowned champion.

UK also won the NCAA tournament in the 50-51 season. They gave Rupp a Cadillac. They gave Bear Bryant a watch. God dammit Kentucky could you not have ponied up for a car for the Bear too? Is that why we are cursed? Is Bear Bryant's watch our billy goat?

Do the 6 titles they give Bear credit for count that UK title? If not, Nick is 2 behind right?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I still can't believe they used to vote on the national champion before the bowl games were even played, no wonder like 5 different teams claim championships every year during that era.

Hell, Washington claims 1960 for the same reason, voting on the national champ was done before the Rose Bowl was played but we beat #1 Minnesota so that clearly means we were the real national champs. I know this mostly because the dedication of the claim was done the first football game I went to during my freshman year. The team wore throwback unis to commemorate it and gently caress those things were good-looking, still mad to this day I didn't get one - although it probably would've been a #10 for Jake Locker :laffo:

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Manoueverable posted:

I still can't believe they used to vote on the national champion before the bowl games were even played, no wonder like 5 different teams claim championships every year during that era.

IDK, the whole idea of playing meaningful games after a 5-6 week break is bonkers :colbert:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/thomasgoldkamp/status/949047383656103936

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Well they need to order rings for the players to make it legit.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

an adult beverage posted:

Well they need to order rings for the players to make it legit.

they are already paying the coaches, so if they haven't done this already, they should

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Chump Farts posted:

they are already paying the coaches, so if they haven't done this already, they should

They might be an extra benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
In 20 years all the record books will list one of Alabama or Georgia, and UCF, as champions, and young fans will wonder why the gently caress Georgia or Alabama deserved to win the championship and it's gonna be amazing.

I love this dumb loving sport.

• Locked thread