Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Jiren: spirit bomb is for idiot pissbabies. Final flash? gently caress

GoD snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFVSdlBray8

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Wellwinds posted:

Even if the explanation is as simple as "vegeta nukes the first class seating deck" these screenshots have me super excited for this next episode

I'm hoping it's something weird like they start making bets on the winner and grand priest is like "oh? how about we up the stakes", or "Arak has a thing for the baldies and offers to adopt them if U7 loses"

I hope by the end of it there is only enough space to fit one universe comfortably so everybody is forced to squeeze in tight to watch the finale.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's kinda weird how there's two Final Flashes, the one Vegeta and Trunks sometimes do to finish a punch rush with about a second windup and little visual effect and FINAL. FLASH.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

GOOD KAMI, WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?

Summoning Shenron.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Kashuno posted:

Jiren: spirit bomb is for idiot pissbabies. Final flash? gently caress

GoD snipe

SS1 Final Flash would have killed Cell with a direct hit. That poo poo is Vegeta's Kaioken x10.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It would be really impressive if Arak and associates have to squeeze in with team 7 because Vegeta blew their seats up, because that means both a GoD and his angel didn't think they could stop the blast.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
it would honestly just confirm what I'd been thinking for awhile; without Kaio-Ken, Vegeta Blue is probably somewhat stronger then Goku Blue.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stallion Cabana posted:

it would honestly just confirm what I'd been thinking for awhile; without Kaio-Ken, Vegeta Blue is probably somewhat stronger then Goku Blue.

It'd fit with Vegeta, honestly. He may be one step behind at...nearly all times, but he's incredibly good at shortening said step. He was the first to push Super Saiyan beyond its limit with the Second Grade, only lagging behind when Goku found another way to power it up through mastery, and even there he got there by Cell. He never got Super Saiyan 3 but managed to increase his Super Saiyan 2 power beyond said SS3 form by Battle of Gods through sheer THAT'S MY BULMA rage.

Hell, even before all of that, Goku had his Kaio-ken and still couldn't deal with Vegeta's completely mastered Great Ape form despite how at that point Goku should've awakened his Great Ape powers in his less hairy form.

Vegeta may always be behind but he knows how to deal with being behind. Still, the difference in power is probably minimal, nowhere near enough to make up for Kaio-ken, much less Ultra Instinct which puts Goku on a level similar if not beyond the God of Destructions'. If it weren't for Goku's complete inability to UI at will (and his method of using it making said usage harder every time), Vegeta would be lagging behind harder than ever before.

I find it interesting how this difference in power doesn't exist in the Super manga despite being far more biased towards Goku than the anime. Both have the Completed Blue form there, though Vegeta reaches it an arc later and after designing another way to patch Blue's weaknesses that lasted all of one fight before being rendered useless in comparison to Goku's way.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Considering it looks like he gets a good hit in on Jiren when Goku got absolutely nothing in Blue, I'd say Vegeta is significantly more skilled at fighting without UI. It's probably a result of seeing UI though, making Vegeta go into Super Serious For Real This Time mode, but I am glad he gets to actually make a dent in something where Goku wasn't able.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blaze Dragon posted:

It'd fit with Vegeta, honestly. He may be one step behind at...nearly all times, but he's incredibly good at shortening said step. He was the first to push Super Saiyan beyond its limit with the Second Grade, only lagging behind when Goku found another way to power it up through mastery, and even there he got there by Cell. He never got Super Saiyan 3 but managed to increase his Super Saiyan 2 power beyond said SS3 form by Battle of Gods through sheer THAT'S MY BULMA rage.

Hell, even before all of that, Goku had his Kaio-ken and still couldn't deal with Vegeta's completely mastered Great Ape form despite how at that point Goku should've awakened his Great Ape powers in his less hairy form.

Vegeta may always be behind but he knows how to deal with being behind. Still, the difference in power is probably minimal, nowhere near enough to make up for Kaio-ken, much less Ultra Instinct which puts Goku on a level similar if not beyond the God of Destructions'. If it weren't for Goku's complete inability to UI at will (and his method of using it making said usage harder every time), Vegeta would be lagging behind harder than ever before.

I find it interesting how this difference in power doesn't exist in the Super manga despite being far more biased towards Goku than the anime. Both have the Completed Blue form there, though Vegeta reaches it an arc later and after designing another way to patch Blue's weaknesses that lasted all of one fight before being rendered useless in comparison to Goku's way.

The part where Vegeta beats the poo poo out of Black only for him to power up and all but go 'that didn't count' also isn't in the manga. There they fuse because Vegeta can clearly kill him.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 5, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I find this interesting. Despite "Migatte no Gokui "Kizashi"" having nothing in common with the English name "Ultra Instinct", there's official Japanese merchandise that indeed uses Ultra Instinct. In fact, it gives the full official name of the form which Crunchyroll hasn't, "Ultra Instinct -Sign-". Fan translations to this point used "Omen" due to Herms, though Sign is likely more accurate considering that's what Crunchyroll indeed translated "Kizashi" as in one title.

Here's said merchandise.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 5, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If it's intended as "a sign of things to come", Omen means the same thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm waiting for Ultra Instinct - Revelator -

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dias posted:

I'm waiting for Ultra Instinct - Revelator -

hosed up that they didn't dub that form

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Freeza loving owns

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

For a dude one level below god-tier, Dyspo really comes off as a cocky scrub

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
ive decided in my head that kaioken whilst in blue doesn't augment goku blue x 20, but rather gokus base x 20, so while still a significant powerup it's nowhere near as broken as if he were just instantly 20x stronger than a moment earlier

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't wait for the great Space Emperor to dust that purple rabbit which looks exactly the same as the purple cat but it's a rabbit instead of a cat because of the buck teeth

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

tbp posted:

ive decided in my head that kaioken whilst in blue doesn't augment goku blue x 20, but rather gokus base x 20, so while still a significant powerup it's nowhere near as broken as if he were just instantly 20x stronger than a moment earlier

Please keep me posted on any other important findings of this nature!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Can't wait for the great Space Emperor to dust that purple rabbit which looks exactly the same as the purple cat but it's a rabbit instead of a cat because of the buck teeth

I love that the jump preview said Freeza is having trouble with Dyspo. Dypso bustin out his SUPER SPEED techniques against base form freeza who doesn't even look slightly concerned. Looks like it's from just before the NEP where he moves on Freeza and Freeza is like "hello I have a tail idiot"

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

No stupid rabbit whose only ability is to be really fast can ever outmatch Ohoho-sama.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Not pictured; Gohan turned a magnificent shade of green.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

reignofevil posted:

Please keep me posted on any other important findings of this nature!

i will.... to me the best part of dbz has actually always been the power level debates, and who is stronger than whom

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

does anyone have any good winter/christmas themed db/z/s gifs for me to use, as an avatar

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
These smug/annoyed looks from Frieza are before, him freaking out in the preview is after.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
going to assume dyspo is going to pull something out other than just being fast if it's going to take both gohan and freeza to take him out

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I sure hope Frezia doesn't actually stomp purple rabbit man into the dust immediately because 'how is Universe 7 going to win this decisive battle for the universe when they only have 2.5x as many people, in this 5v2 battle to see who has the most people left in 8 minutes.' sounds like it comes from a parody.

Please let Dypso do at least something.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stallion Cabana posted:

I sure hope Frezia doesn't actually stomp purple rabbit man into the dust immediately because 'how is Universe 7 going to win this decisive battle for the universe when they only have 2.5x as many people, in this 5v2 battle to see who has the most people left in 8 minutes.' sounds like it comes from a parody.

Please let Dypso do at least something.

Vegeta is going to be eating and breathing through a tube by the end of this episode and 17's just has his requisite moment in the spotlight which means he's clear to be mirked, I'm guessing it's going to be 3v2 before too long

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

going to assume dyspo is going to pull something out other than just being fast if it's going to take both gohan and freeza to take him out

Guess Freeza's out next because no one can loving rely on gohan

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i believe in vegeta

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm waiting for Gohan to get into pose-off with Toppo or something, bringing Frieza into a Ginyu flashback just long enough for Dyspo to land a surprisingly powerful blow.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

multijoe posted:

Vegeta is going to be eating and breathing through a tube

it's called the oesophagus

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSB5baXVg2o SSB Vegeta trailer

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The music for this game is so god drat good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I kind of wish they'd just call them Goku/Vegeta Blue instead of doing SSGSS, but whatever. Curious to see how they differ from the vanilla versions.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'll be some weird licensing reason why they're doing the SSGSS thing. Like in Budokai (might have been Tenkaichi) where all the characters were like Goku®

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Dragonball has always been odd about form names. Didn't Super Saiyan 2 not get named "2" until Goku walked Buu through all the SJJ forms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Kashuno posted:

Freeza loving owns

I can hear the Ohohoho from here.