Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

mikeraskol posted:

Holy mother of god.

When Marvel does it they do it.

I'm hyped for Marvel to clearly, straight up realize "yeah, we've already pissed off every racist shithead by even making this movie so we're not gonna bother sending them any overtures, just make this movie unapologetically black as gently caress and they can die mad about it." I hope it becomes a habit and movie studios stop feeling so beholden to pandering towards regressive dipshits so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tag Team's Addams Family Values song was the best because they just took "Whoomp There It Is" and added "the Addams Family" after "whoomp"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Black Panther is just a rip off of Black Cougar, the ONLY superhero who saves kids

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Endless Mike posted:

Tag Team's Addams Family Values song was the best because they just took "Whoomp There It Is" and added "the Addams Family" after "whoomp"

I was really confused because I was thinking "The song doesn't sound like that at all"

I'm thinking of the MC Hammer Addams Family song, which was from the first movie.

Linking because it's legit amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRAg_bjxTPg

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

I was really confused because I was thinking "The song doesn't sound like that at all"

I'm thinking of the MC Hammer Addams Family song, which was from the first movie.

Linking because it's legit amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRAg_bjxTPg

For contrast, here is what I was talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ho3FtN-9M8

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Endless Mike posted:

For contrast, here is what I was talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ho3FtN-9M8

I remember that now.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I'm convinced Tag Team just forgot to write a song. Like they got the check and got so caught up spending it that they woke up the day they were supposed to turn in a song and were like "poo poo, well they did say they wanted something like Whoomp" and the way outa touch white execs ate it up.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Select Your Fighter (Alternate looks considered for the Hulk in Ragnarok)

I'm partial to the gruffy beard Hulk but I can't deny that Metalhead Hulk would be something to behold.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm hyped for Marvel to clearly, straight up realize "yeah, we've already pissed off every racist shithead by even making this movie so we're not gonna bother sending them any overtures, just make this movie unapologetically black as gently caress and they can die mad about it." I hope it becomes a habit and movie studios stop feeling so beholden to pandering towards regressive dipshits so much.

"They can die mad about it" is now a new favourite phrase of mine. Thank you.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/deadline/status/949059890953166848

Could be Monica Rambeau, could be any other female character with any connection at all to Carol Danvers.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Monica Rambeau leading the Proto-Avengers in the 90s

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Samuringa posted:

Monica Rambeau leading the Proto-Avengers Nextwave in the 90s tentpole Marvel blockbuster of 2020

How long does the MCU have to be a thing before we can subvert it with Nextwave

JordanKai posted:

"They can die mad about it" is now a new favourite phrase of mine. Thank you.

bless

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I could see a Nextwave live-action series happening, they could even include some jokes about not being able to call the Avengers by their names or why they're never there to help

Probably not gonna have the budget to CGI a Fing Fan Foom in it tho...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Samuringa posted:

Probably not gonna have the budget to CGI a Fing Fan Foom in it tho...

Why would you need to CGI Nicolas Cage in costume?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Watch her turn out to be Jessica Drew or something.

(yah it's probably Monica)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do her normal origin but it's Monica instead of Mar-vell.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Have Rogue show up and steal her powers

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Interesting choice for Sentry-459.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay so now they just need to introduce blue marvel and america...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Barry Convex posted:

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/949059890953166848

Could be Monica Rambeau, could be any other female character with any connection at all to Carol Danvers.

If we are lucky they kill Carol and Monica is Captain Marvel in a ole bait and switch.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
If it’s Monica, she probably won’t have any powers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

okay so now they just need to introduce blue marvel and america...

I'd be shocked if America ever ends up as anything more than a tv cameo character.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why must you hurt me like this

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They'd be dumb not to have a Young Avengers with Kate, America, Billy, Teddy, Kid Loki, and Stature eventually.

Man, I hope she's Monica, that would be awesome. I'd think a good framing device for the movie was Jessica was a little girl when Carol was around and grew up wondering where her hero and friend went.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

uh actually my BLACK CONSERVATIVE FRIEND parrots my dumbass opinions back at me says rap music is bad and Actually Liberals Are The Real Racists and have you seen these fbi crime stats and iq scores? :downs:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 5, 2018

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Race Realists posted:

uh actually my BLACK CONSERVATIVE FRIEND parrots my dumbass opinions back at me says rap music is bad and Actually Liberals Are The Real Racists and have you seen these fbi crime stats and iq scores? :downs:

Frank Miller, is that you?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Frank Miller, is that you?

Not enough hatred of women.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

Not enough hatred/fetish-level-worship of women.

I've never understood that guy.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I've never understood that guy.

Madonna/Whore Complexes are a thing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's not like angry racist, misogynist white men are uncommon

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

No of course not but he's always walked this line between putting women and people of color on pedestals while simultaneously cutting them down and making caricatures of them.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Sgt. Politeness posted:

No of course not but he's always walked this line between putting women and people of color on pedestals while simultaneously cutting them down and making caricatures of them.

He's basically any of the old white dudes at the party in Get Out

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

He's basically any of the old white dudes at the party in Get Out

Right, but angrier and more resentful.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Tokenization is a form of racism/sexism

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I read that as "Tolkienization" at first glance and got really confused.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Also a form of racism

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

Frodo was in Sin City, after all.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Netflix's Bright, of course, being the most recent example of the Tolkeinization of minorities.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Monica Rambeau leading the Proto-Avengers in the 90s

We have already have a screenshot of the movie wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

^^^^^My introduction to Monica. I love how Nextwave highlighted how overqualified and underutilized she was in universe because it basically summed up the use of her character in comics up until that point.

This casting is the first news from Captain Marvel that has me hyped, I'll be crushed if they pull a Hellcat and relegate her to nonpowered support.

site posted:

Yeah... I'm aware, thanks.

No one is arguing Frank "all women are whores" Miller isn't racist/sexist.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 5, 2018

• Locked thread