Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Speaking of perma bans, I posted up a tutorial for my long legged deredeo in the painting thread. I also cover some advanced modeling techniques along the way:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705692&pagenumber=442#post479930869

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Speaking of perma bans, I posted up a tutorial for my long legged deredeo in the painting thread. I also cover some advanced modeling techniques along the way:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705692&pagenumber=442#post479930869

This is awesome and makes me want to buy a new deredo. Thanks for doing it. What brand of grey stuff do you use?

Also, I'm dumb and don't even play 30k, but :toxx:. Going to paint up more fists this year, hopefully I don't forget to post them.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Cheers Booley. I don't use any specific brand- I think I got these from greenstuffworld.com

Another year also means another Skullapalooza :) We plan to include 40k and other systems this time around

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
What would be a good makeup for a mechanicum allied detachment for this year's project to go alongside my tank-heavy iron hands? I want to grab some kind of robots, what about the troop choices? Practically speaking having robots part of the iron hands detachment might work better with some of their RoWs though.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
hammer time

honk honk

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hell ya wang. Keep smashing out those death guard boiz

chutche2 posted:

What would be a good makeup for a mechanicum allied detachment for this year's project to go alongside my tank-heavy iron hands? I want to grab some kind of robots, what about the troop choices? Practically speaking having robots part of the iron hands detachment might work better with some of their RoWs though.

Admech is a good ally for tank heavy IHs. Thralls, castellax, and thallax are all good choices depending on what you want them to do. Out of those I prefer thralls and castellax, but that doesn't factor in your HQ. Once you decide what you want your HQ to do it solves all your other problems- a shooty magos can go with thallax, a tanky magos can lumber around with some castellax, and thralls are there for fleshsmiths.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

adamantium|wang posted:

hammer time

honk honk

Hell fuckin yes

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Big deal I had that tank in 8th.. grade.. and... OH gently caress IT'S GLORIOUS

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

adamantium|wang posted:

hammer time

honk honk

The destroyer decal on the leg of the praetor is a great touch

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

:goose: :goose:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

finished up my boi Sev ft. a dead dork

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

adamantium|wang posted:

hammer time

honk honk

Your weathering continues to be loving amazing.
:goose::goose:

Hixson posted:

finished up my boi Sev ft. a dead dork

That Sevatar is fantastic. Great blending on the blue, but it's almost too bad he's such a busy model. It doesn't give you much room to show off your lightning.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Thanks bois

poo poo that's a great Sevatar Hixson

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
A dark angel artfully posed in its natural state. Exquisite.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Why is Sevatar killing fellow traitors?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:same:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
is it weird that it looks like stanyer?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

it all makes sense now

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

lmao

By the way, how do you do the weathering on your DG? Sponge?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

*Goose Willis gets on a jetbike with his girlfriend*

Her: who’s speeder is this?

Goose: it’s not a speeder, it’s a jetbike

Her: who’s jetbike is this?

Goose: it’s Sev’s

Her: who’s Sev?

Goose Willis: Sev’s dead baby.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Is it even possible for dumb gay 40k xeno poo poo to look as cool as Heresy models??

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

:same:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Also thanks for the kind words. 30kay thread is best dead gaym thread

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

DrPop posted:

lmao

By the way, how do you do the weathering on your DG? Sponge?

Yep, either blister foam or a shaped foam sponge from an art store depending on what's on reach at the time

Anacharis Scoria
Jan 5, 2018

The Xanophane Tyrant, The Fallen Master, Lord of the Nine Cohorts, The Apostate Magister

Hixson posted:

Also thanks for the kind words. 30kay thread is best dead gaym thread

We're a highly organized goon mob

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

gently caress off Scoria

Anacharis Scoria
Jan 5, 2018

The Xanophane Tyrant, The Fallen Master, Lord of the Nine Cohorts, The Apostate Magister

Hixson posted:

gently caress off Scoria

more American than stanyer so many of them is my punishment onto you

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

adamantium|wang posted:

it all makes sense now

plz stop doxxing

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

adamantium|wang posted:

it all makes sense now

The adidas stripes get me every time

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hixson posted:

gently caress off Scoria

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Mango Polo posted:

The adidas stripes get me every time

The "ultra bitter" is what kills me.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

Will be even better next year, when half our thread is banned

:getin:

I finally put these through! For the record, I decided to show MERCY to:

Recoome posted:

I’d like to point out I didn’t actually toxx because I was writing a thesis, so if you strike me down, I’ll become mire powerful than you can possibly imagine

Banning someone who was toxxed against their will sounded funny, but I can appreciate a goon who puts a thesis over painting a mans. :v:

DrPop posted:

Let the record show that I only committed to painting a man and/or becoming competent. I feel I have taken baby steps toward the latter and I painted 12 mans and am very happy to have gotten back into the swing of things and look forward to more in 2018.

Also technically correct, and I like that you got back into painting after such a long time :buddy:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've taken shits more interesting than this open day. I should have stayed in bed.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

TTerrible posted:

I've taken shits more interesting than this open day. I should have stayed in bed.

I guess it’s good if you like custodes?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Venom Soag posted:

I guess it’s good if you like custodes?

Even then it's just a redo of resin 30k stuff in plastic.. for reasons.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Plastic is superior.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Not in this thread you loving casual.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Resin makes 30k a lesser experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ijyt posted:

Resin makes 30k a lesser experience.

Please stop richshaming us by capering in your peasant rags. If you can't even afford resin shoulderpads for your Legion, you are just not ready for 30k.