Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/948617356020011009

Did this get mentioned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

So Snagglepuss is superb. Not just "a funny take on a ludicrous premise", the first issue is really strong and is the best thing I've read from DC in a while. Can't wait to see more of this.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

placing my bet now: new Worlds' Finest title or Batman/Catwoman

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I want Batman and Catwoman to be married forever. Like loise and clarj. :3:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would like to place a preorder for the series starring this good kitty please

https://twitter.com/PerilousPeanut/status/948360081271414785

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

site posted:

I would like to place a preorder for the series starring this good kitty please

https://twitter.com/PerilousPeanut/status/948360081271414785

This always makes me so sad :(

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Got deleted, do I want to know what that was?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Strange, dunno why they would've deleted it, but

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Good news, Dex was introduced recently in Injustice 2.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Good kitty.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Android Blues posted:

So Snagglepuss is superb. Not just "a funny take on a ludicrous premise", the first issue is really strong and is the best thing I've read from DC in a while. Can't wait to see more of this.

I'd read about the Rosenbergs before, but looking it up again, I'd forgotten how excruciating the wife's execution was. It adds a good bit of nastiness to that couple imagining that they got an extra good show.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'd read about the Rosenbergs before, but looking it up again, I'd forgotten how excruciating the wife's execution was. It adds a good bit of nastiness to that couple imagining that they got an extra good show.

Yeah, the throughline of that couple heading to the show is a super good piece of writing that builds an expectation, subverts it, and then uses that for foreshadowing and tone. I'm really looking forward to where this goes.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

For some reason, it never occurred to me that Priest would acknowledge the whole Terra and Deathstroke thing out of the assumption that it was something DC liked to stay in the past.

But I guess they did it in that crappy animated movie from last year, so what do I know.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I cannot mother loving believe they brought that poo poo back. Literally nobody besides like Marv Wolfman, the guy who put himself into a comic just so he could marry Donna Troy, wants to remember that time Deathstroke was a statutory rapist.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Batman is a perfectionist and doesn't know how to ask Catwoman to marry him and its just a whole issue of Selina lovingly dunking on Bruce, sometimes bluntly suggesting he just say the loving words.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I cannot mother loving believe they brought that poo poo back. Literally nobody besides like Marv Wolfman, the guy who put himself into a comic just so he could marry Donna Troy, wants to remember that time Deathstroke was a statutory rapist.

They tried to frame it with Terra being the one to initiate it and make it that sort of relationship and Slade just going along with it for his own ends, but it's still hyper hosed up and :chloe:

It did further shove the events and individuals involved in Teen Titans from the New 52 reboot into the toilet, though Red Hood recently brought it back up for a little bit, but didn't go into too much detail.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Priest is a Wolfman student and will break his own back trying to vindicate any of Wolfman's work that he can. It's not surprising that he's leaning towards the iteration of events that Wolfman preferred, where the evil 16 year old girl sexually manipulated that poor, poor 40+ world famous assassin.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Xelkelvos posted:

They tried to frame it with Terra being the one to initiate it and make it that sort of relationship and Slade just going along with it for his own ends, but it's still hyper hosed up and :chloe:

That's like a billion zillion times worse than either painting him as a gigantic loving scumbag for doing so or, preferably, just retconning the relationship entirely.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The current one frames it as Slade manipulating Terra for his own gain. He gets called out for it by Wintergreen. Still, would prefer it not be there at all.

I feel like Terra has a lot of potential as a character, but it always gets wasted because she inevitably gets brought back to Slade like this.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Whatever happened to that other Terra, Power Girl's friend?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I haven't read the issue yet, but there was no way that wasn't gonna get dredged up.
If Priest had five reasons to take that gig, not letting anyone forget that bit of unfortunate comics publishing was probably, like, #2 or 3.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lightning Lord posted:

Whatever happened to that other Terra, Power Girl's friend?

She last showed up as a major character in the Starfire book from a couple years back. Her and Starfire teamed up and had some adventures, then the series ended.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dexie posted:

She last showed up as a major character in the Starfire book from a couple years back. Her and Starfire teamed up and had some adventures, then the series ended.

Atlee is pretty much a pet character of Palmiotti and Connor and at this juncture is pretty much out of canon like their current Harley series and presumably their Starfire series.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Roth posted:

The current one frames it as Slade manipulating Terra for his own gain. He gets called out for it by Wintergreen. Still, would prefer it not be there at all.

I feel like Terra has a lot of potential as a character, but it always gets wasted because she inevitably gets brought back to Slade like this.

That relationship should be left in the eighties. After the twist, and her death, just leave it alone.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
It seems to be his big thing.

Terra, Jericho, Rose. Sometimes Nightwing, even Cassandra Cain and more recently Flash kid and Bumblebee (I think?). He really likes playing with the young ones.

I can't speak for anyone else but the Wintergreen and ex-wife stuff have always left me yawning, worse than the weird 'Deathstroke-Daddy' stuff.

But beyond that he's super mercenary using more than 15% of his brain to beat everyone who does things for money but also does some things for free. And in that he's sharing the market with Deadshot and any number of other characters.

nofather fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 5, 2018

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's the new Power Girl, not Bumblebee

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Roth posted:

That's the new Power Girl, not Bumblebee

Oh from New 52's Teen Titans? The Wildstorm stuff kept be coming back but the horrible story and characters kept driving me away.

Go Ladytron.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Wow, he's lost a ton of weight! Good on him!
He just tweeted that he lost 80 lbs. prior to the MRSA infection, so yeah, good work!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

He just tweeted that he lost 80 lbs. prior to the MRSA infection, so yeah, good work!

As someone who dropped 50 pounds in 2017 I think he definitely deserves praise.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Nice to see Milk Wars getting the top ad spot this week :)

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

fyi:

https://twitter.com/mitchgerads/status/951129919391596544

TOO MANY GOBLINS
May 31, 2015
I worked out the reveal a few pages into the newest Mr. Miracle and then when they actually confirmed that Barda is pregnant, and you see Scott break into a huge grin I was like :kimchi:
I hope nothing terrible happens but I know that's probably asking too much. This comic has been a roller coaster so far, and I keep gushing about it to people in the comic book store like a crazed evangelist.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
I just played the Telltale Batman game and I have a hankering for some Batman comics now. How are things in DC-land these days? Readable?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

I worked out the reveal a few pages into the newest Mr. Miracle and then when they actually confirmed that Barda is pregnant, and you see Scott break into a huge grin I was like :kimchi:
I hope nothing terrible happens but I know that's probably asking too much. This comic has been a roller coaster so far, and I keep gushing about it to people in the comic book store like a crazed evangelist.

Yea, I figured something was up the more they talked. The first few pages reminded so much about my wife and I that I am thinking of making her read the book even though she might not have any idea about the New Gods stuff. This is easily the best comic being published atm, and I say that knowing that I don't read many comics anymore.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

just another posted:

I just played the Telltale Batman game and I have a hankering for some Batman comics now. How are things in DC-land these days? Readable?

Tom King's Batman is great. As was Scott Snyder's run too. Either are fine jumping on points.

TOO MANY GOBLINS
May 31, 2015

Madkal posted:

Yea, I figured something was up the more they talked. The first few pages reminded so much about my wife and I that I am thinking of making her read the book even though she might not have any idea about the New Gods stuff. This is easily the best comic being published atm, and I say that knowing that I don't read many comics anymore.

Same here, I did the same thing with my wife and got her to read it on that recommendation. She loved it and said the same thing despite not knowing much about the New Gods, so I say go for it :3: It's absolutely the best thing I've read in the past few years.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I will hand it to James Robinson. You always think that the bar can't get any lower with his WW stories but by god he'll try! He'll give it his goddamn worst shot, just you wait! I think the run is currently sitting below the Finches, but still above Picoult in terms of worst-written WW ever. But just you wait! I'm sure ol' Justice Jim has a few tricks up his sleeve left to topple that record!

You'd think it's completely pants-tearingly insane that I'd be enjoying a Hal Jordan book so much more than a Wonder Woman book right now and yet here we stand.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I heard a couple other people on Twitter say it's pretty awful as well. What's happening in the book?

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Kind of a boring comic book day though Mister Miracle is always good and I've been giving Ragman a try (Shining Knight has a brief appearance in flashback).

After the introduction of Green Lantern Corps of China a day in the life of Laney Lan wasn't exactly gripping. I guess he's doing the same thing as King and other writers, with bigger more climactic stories cushioned by slower, 'comfy' one-shots but it didn't really engage. Lan's personal problem is sad and we get to see the Justice League of China not under the bootheel of the Ministry of Self-Reliance but still it's kind of meh.

It's always sad to hear about Wonder Woman books being bad. For years it seemed like people only talked about her when she got a new writer, then complained because it got bad. Then a few years back other new writers came and people seemed to like it. Seems like she's hard to write, I guess? Hard fandom to target maybe?

nofather fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

They have a daughter in Kingdom Come so I imagine they'll keep the kid around. It's a dumb reason but DC tends to like fulfill some aspects of that miniseries since it was near future DCU.

Honestly the worst thing that could happen is DC reboots everything in a couple years and the events of the series never happened. They'd probably slide it in like they do with some series but that's always my biggest worry with anything DC in recent years.