Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

The Shep posted:

You can't defend yourself from an arrest, weirdo.

Unless it’s a “false arrest” but he didn’t say it three times to invoke its power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Dingleberry posted:

Unless it’s a “false arrest” but he didn’t say it three times to invoke its power.

I DO NOT ENJOINDER YOUR REQUEST FOR ARREST!

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
The federal government owes me 6300000 and you can't arrest a contract unless its entity is in all caps

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republican-lawmaker-recognize-sovereign-citizens-or-pay-dollar10000-fine

quote:

Republican state Rep. Richard Marple is scheduled to introduce a bill that treats sovereign citizens as a recognized legal class, and proposes a $10,000 fine for state agencies that don’t buy into sovereigns’ legal make believe. Marple champions sovereign citizen talking points, which typically draw a far-right fanbase, and has earned him the praise of white supremacist Christopher Cantwell.

Can you still not buy booze after 8pm in CT?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

The Shep posted:

Sure you can.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Reign Of Pain posted:

The federal government owes me 6300000 and you can't arrest a contract unless its entity is in all caps

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republican-lawmaker-recognize-sovereign-citizens-or-pay-dollar10000-fine

Can you still not buy booze after 8pm in CT?

"Some sovereign citizens might believe local sheriffs to be the highest valid form of government."

But... They are. Oh poo poo am I a sovereign now???

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

The Shep posted:

"Some sovereign citizens might believe local sheriffs to be the highest valid form of government."

The calls are coming from inside the thread

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Shep posted:

Does that mean when I graduate I'm the commanding officer of this thread? :clint:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Chichevache posted:

Does that mean when I graduate I'm the commanding officer of this thread? :clint:

Peep the reg-date, son.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Gotta be elected sheriff bro

Vote Beanie 2020

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The Shep posted:

Peep the reg-date, son.

I'm sure if you ask nicely, Smiling Jack will appoint you his #1 enforcer.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

:regd07:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Shep posted:

Peep the reg-date, son.

You popo or SO, granddad?

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.

The Shep posted:

Peep the reg-date, son.

My button is bigger and actually works.

I had a guy try the sovereign citizen thing once, with paper work from the internet. I decided to mind gently caress him, and asked him if he had paperwork that also did not exist.

He ended up googling Department of State Form 1138 and he kept bitching "All I can find is this IRS form" :laugh:

Thesoldier fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 5, 2018

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Thesoldier posted:

My button is bigger and actually works.

I had a guy try the sovereign citizen thing once, with paper work from the internet. I decided to mind gently caress him, and asked him if he had paperwork that also did not exist.

He ended up googling Department of State Form 1138 and he kept bitching "All I can find is this IRS form" :laugh:

I'm pretty sure we have a form for every 4 digit combination

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Chichevache posted:

You popo or SO, granddad?

I identify as a parking lot monitor. Just lol if you're still being proactive in Obama's America.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The Shep posted:

Obama's America.

:what:

whatever helps you sleep at night Shep

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Its so easy to trigger you I don't even have to try anymore.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

The Shep posted:

There was no arrest going on because LP have no arresting powers :thunk:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Shep posted:

Okay cucklord

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

uncle w benefits posted:

There was no arrest going on because LP have no arresting powers :thunk:

Depends on the state, my dude. Citizens arrest is legitimate.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Yikes.

I think TX recognizes citizens arrest.

I would probably a.) act a fool b.) lose my cool and c.) go all out up in here if some dweebs tried to cit arrest me.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Most state's allow loss prevention to lawfully arrest/and or detain a theft suspect. Here they can "detain" for up to an hour pending arrival of local law enforcement. The law even allows them to follow the subject outside the store to do it if needed. While there is no resisting arrest charge that would apply, if you use force against the merchant employee or loss prevention in an attempt to flee, you'd likely also be charged with assault.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
e: ^^^^ :respek:

It's not exactly citizen's arrest. It's called shopkeeper's privilege in the common law but has been incorporated into most state statutes. It follows the basic rules of citizen's arrest, but is given a higher deference. The short of it is in basically all jurisdictions you can be detained by store personnel if you are suspected of shoplifting. There are limits that vary per jurisdiction, of course, but it is pretty much universal iirc.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Breach of the Peace over here means Joe Bloggs can kick down a neighbors door to prevent 'fear of personal harm or damage to property.'

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The Shep posted:

whatever helps you sleep at night

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

whatever helps you sleep at night

Your tears are like melatonin.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The Shep posted:

Your tears are like melatonin.

I'm still hitting doors and ripping steel

don't cry for me Shep

cry for America

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

I'm still hitting doors and ripping steel

don't cry for me Shep

cry for America

I knew we were due for an authentic Smiling Jack "I do real cop work" post.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
What do you guys do when behind a car at a lengthy light? Run the plate in the CENTRAL POLICE MAINFRAME, or do you just try to finish masturbating through your pants?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
whynotboth.gif

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The Shep posted:

I knew we were due for an authentic Smiling Jack "I do real cop work" post.

The Shep posted:

:smugdog:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

uncle w benefits posted:

What do you guys do when behind a car at a lengthy light? Run the plate in the CENTRAL POLICE MAINFRAME, or do you just try to finish masturbating through your pants?

Play "Sound of da Police" over the loudspeaker.

This works better on night shift, when people are less likely to accurately identify my car number.

Edit: but the guys who run plates end up with some excellent stolen vehicle arrests.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 6, 2018

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
We are training on body cameras right now. I just filmed my dick. :cawg:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Chichevache posted:

We are training on body cameras right now. I just filmed my dick. :cawg:

prove it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

You'll have to subpoena my sergeant. They staged a mock fight while I was pissing and I activated my camera to respond. At least the locker room was warm today.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Filmed your dick? What kind of expensive high res/zoom cameras you guys getting?

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Chichevache posted:

You'll have to subpoena my sergeant. They staged a mock fight while I was pissing and I activated my camera to respond. At least the locker room was warm today.

Are you in WA state? I wanna file a FOIA request if you are so in two years the state/county/agency can pay me $86000 for not giving me dick body cam footage quick enough.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

Most state's allow loss prevention to lawfully arrest/and or detain a theft suspect. Here they can "detain" for up to an hour pending arrival of local law enforcement. The law even allows them to follow the subject outside the store to do it if needed. While there is no resisting arrest charge that would apply, if you use force against the merchant employee or loss prevention in an attempt to flee, you'd likely also be charged with assault.

In Florida there is a "Resisting a Merchant" statute that covers LP and Agents of said merchant to pretty much do whatever is reasonable when they believe someone is stealing.

If the person runs and pushes LP or another employee out of the way while still carrying said stolen merchandise we hit them with strong arm robbery as well.
So yes idiots turn misdemeanor theft into a Felony robbery all the time.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Resisting a merchant? Skyrim mods are getting out of hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Grem posted:

Resisting a merchant? Skyrim mods are getting out of hand.

Yeah can't you just kill the merchant and escape without being seen by the local guards?