Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Gal*Gun 2 is coming out on Switch this year if you can stand it being the way that it is.

Oh cool there goes my browser history.

Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Instead of posting from gis or their website, have this

https://i.imgur.com/RkkfdDWl.jpg

The game's gene is "pheromone shooter"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Takoluka posted:

On a related note, why do people call the game "Super Mario Bros" and not "Super Mario Brothers"? This happens with Smash too (Smash Bros and not Smash Brothers), despite the game explicitly saying "Super Smash Brothers."

Because they are games I play with my bros

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sentient Data posted:

Instead of posting from gis or their website, have this

https://i.imgur.com/RkkfdDWl.jpg

The game's gene is "pheromone shooter"

I don't think it's fair to completely discount a game just because Seth Rogen likes it.

squirt the daisies
Apr 26, 2009

Immortal Wombat? That game is for pantywaists!
So the Flower Dance or whatever is called was coming and i'm thinking either Emily or Haley. Haley looks better but Emily seems nicer and i think she likes me more. Luck has it they're both roommates, so i go to their home to, you know, ask one to be my partner. As soon as i enter the house they're having an argument about house cleaning. I take Emily's side, both understand and go in their rooms. I proceed to Haley's room 'cause you know, she's hotter. To my surprise i can open her door and she's in her bed. I give her a flower (smooth), she's like, ew. So i quickly and furiously look in her panty drawer and go to Emily's room. She has her door closed, i can't enter AND she won't leave her room. So i go home to plant some seeds or whatever.
Flower Dance day, i go there ready with a nice flower, ask Haley she says 'don't think so', i then ask Emily she says 'someone else already invited me, sorry'.
I ask everyone there, no one would dance with me. drat, gently caress bitches.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

for those (all) of us that hate Brawlout we will now be getting the superior Smash ripoff

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/949048349956673536

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Vikar Jerome posted:

is the direct next week?

Usually a Direct was scheduled sometime before or around the company's shareholder meetings, and since they have one scheduled on January 31st, you can expect something to pop out this month.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Oiled and Ready posted:

Late night of progress on the Romancing Saga 2 project:

Nice! Definitely looking forward to this, got all the way to the final boss but got loving roadblocked there so might as well wait for this to make NG+ easier.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
My joycons and/or switch are hosed up I think. When playing handheld with the joycons attached they stop working. I get the prompt to press L+R and that does nothing. The buttons don't register. If I disconnect the joycons I can press L+R and they are recognized immediately. If I reattach they stop working as soon as they click into place. No button on either controller works. If I press -/+ for more info I can use any button to advance the help slides, even with the joycons attached.

If I press home I can go to the home screen and use both controllers, still attached, but the switch indicates only my left or right joycon is attached, never both at the same time.

This has only happened once before and I was able to remedy the problem by restarting the switch.

This is super annoying and I think I'm going to contact Nintendo for some help. :(

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 5, 2018

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

What I want to know is why people keep calling our games "Steamworld" and cutting off the part of the title that actually differentiates the games from each other. It's actually getting to be kind of a problem...

(Okay yeah I know the titles are kind of bad.)

The titles aren't great, but you can't just call a game Heist and know what that's immediately about either, and Steamworld Heist isn't an easy title to just throw onto a forums post, especially with phone typing.

You should name the next game Steamworld Galaxy just to gently caress with people.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Is it Steamworld Brothers or Steamworld Bros?

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Call the next game Steamworld 2.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

creationist believer posted:

Is it Steamworld Brothers or Steamworld Bros?

Super Steamworld Odyssey: Belch of the Industrial

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Steamdig worldbros

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Wildtortilla posted:

My joycons and/or switch are hosed up I think. When playing handheld with the joycons attached they stop working. I get the prompt to press L+R and that does nothing. The buttons don't register. If I disconnect the joycons I can press L+R and they are recognized immediately. If I reattach they stop working as soon as they click into place. No button on either controller works. If I press -/+ for more info I can use any button to advance the help slides, even with the joycons attached.

If I press home I can go to the home screen and use both controllers, still attached, but the switch indicates only my left or right joycon is attached, never both at the same time.

This has only happened once before and I was able to remedy the problem by restarting the switch.

This is super annoying and I think I'm going to contact Nintendo for some help. :(

Have you checked the connectors for lint or anything? They're tiny but I bet if there was lint in the way they'd screw up the connection.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Wildtortilla posted:

I had this happen once. Resetting the console or unpairing and repairing my joycons worked.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

squirt the daisies posted:

So the Flower Dance or whatever is called was coming and i'm thinking either Emily or Haley. Haley looks better but Emily seems nicer and i think she likes me more. Luck has it they're both roommates, so i go to their home to, you know, ask one to be my partner. As soon as i enter the house they're having an argument about house cleaning. I take Emily's side, both understand and go in their rooms. I proceed to Haley's room 'cause you know, she's hotter. To my surprise i can open her door and she's in her bed. I give her a flower (smooth), she's like, ew. So i quickly and furiously look in her panty drawer and go to Emily's room. She has her door closed, i can't enter AND she won't leave her room. So i go home to plant some seeds or whatever.
Flower Dance day, i go there ready with a nice flower, ask Haley she says 'don't think so', i then ask Emily she says 'someone else already invited me, sorry'.
I ask everyone there, no one would dance with me. drat, gently caress bitches.

Ew, grows.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Steamdig worldbros

The Adventures of Chain-Link :rimshot:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Tried half the Pic-A-Pix Deluxe demo, seems alright to me. My only nitpick is the lack of a "mark" button like Picross S had, which made marking possible ranges easier, but otherwise it's a nice spin that's different enough from base and Mega Picross that I might go ahead and give it a buy.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
The next title should be Steamworld : BOTW
not an acronym, just the 4 letters.

PS, I greatly enjoyed Steamworld 1, 2 and Gaiden.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, I am dying to know, what was it like working with Steam Powered Giraffe?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Project S. T. E. A. M. World by Valve

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It would be cool if in the next steamworld there was kart racing

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Takoluka posted:

On a related note, why do people call the game "Super Mario Bros" and not "Super Mario Brothers"? This happens with Smash too (Smash Bros and not Smash Brothers), despite the game explicitly saying "Super Smash Brothers."

"Super mario bros" is the game, "super mario brothers" is the movie

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Verisimillipede posted:

Anybody have a problem with the controls on some tracks on Mario kart? There's a few tracks where I have absolutely no handling at all and everything pulls to the left. I don't think it's the controllers cause it happens on both my pro and joycons.

Yeah this happens to me when I play the game in the living room on my roommate's television. No idea why, but the controls just lock up. That's the only game where it happens to me. And I never play with tilt controls so that wasn't my problem.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wonder if Codename Steam would have done better with a less ugly art style. 80s American comics on the low res 3DS wasn’t a great choice.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wonder if Codename Steam would have done better with a less ugly art style. 80s American comics on the low res 3DS wasn’t a great choice.

It did bad cause enemy turns took like 120+ seconds

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It was going for a 60s Jack Kirby pop vibe. The problem is they didn't go all the way. Should have gotten Tom Scioli to do a sequel on Switch. Oh boy would I love anything in his art style. Codename STEAM didn't go far enough into Kirby territory.

(That man is not merely standing on two tanks. His feet are two tanks.)

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 5, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

a lot of STEAM maps were really bad and it was sometimes hard to discern where things were. It's a shame because the idea was pretty unique. If Nintendo wanted to resurrect it ever again they should just give it to the Kingdom Battle people, who proved they can make a great tactics RPG game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theyll just do more kingdom battle in that case though since its like free money for them and takes none of their dev resources

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
STEAM's art style was probably its biggest strength imo, it's the gameplay and map design that were rear end

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Steamed Hams Dig 2

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Arguing elsewhere that Madden and CoD would be good for the Switch to have (if they are decent ports that arrive day and date). I used to work at Gamestop and those were always our biggest launches. Not sure if the so called "typical Nintendo audience" would pick them up but I think a lot of other new people that haven't had a Nintendo system since they were a kid would. It could go a long way to that 20m figure Kimishima was on about. And maybe AssCreed too. Thoughts? I would at least pick up AssCreed and I could convince my boyfriend he needed CoD (once I buy him a Switch). I know we think it's some combo of Pokemon/Smash/Animal Crossing to get to 20m but could it be third party support too?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I've skipped the last couple years of CoD games but if a full-featured port of the next installment came out on Switch and it had a decent playerbase I would absolutely pick it up just for the novelty of playing in handheld mode

edit: replace CoD in the above sentence with "Madden" and the same holds true for me

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

What I want to know is why people keep calling our games "Steamworld" and cutting off the part of the title that actually differentiates the games from each other. It's actually getting to be kind of a problem...

(Okay yeah I know the titles are kind of bad.)

You can retire off the piles of money you’ll earn off of SteamWorld Never Stop Steaming Dig Heist Tower. I’ll PM you my address for my check.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Arguing elsewhere that Madden and CoD would be good for the Switch to have (if they are decent ports that arrive day and date). I used to work at Gamestop and those were always our biggest launches. Not sure if the so called "typical Nintendo audience" would pick them up but I think a lot of other new people that haven't had a Nintendo system since they were a kid would. It could go a long way to that 20m figure Kimishima was on about. And maybe AssCreed too. Thoughts? I would at least pick up AssCreed and I could convince my boyfriend he needed CoD (once I buy him a Switch). I know we think it's some combo of Pokemon/Smash/Animal Crossing to get to 20m but could it be third party support too?

if that latest WWE game wasn't a total pile of poo poo i would have bought it immediately, but it is and i didn't. but yeah more third party on switch is something i am totally in favor of. wii u got some assassins creed stuff so it doesnt seem totally unbelievable? i'd spring for the ezio games or black flag, maybe.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

alf_pogs posted:

if that latest WWE game wasn't a total pile of poo poo i would have bought it immediately, but it is and i didn't. but yeah more third party on switch is something i am totally in favor of. wii u got some assassins creed stuff so it doesnt seem totally unbelievable? i'd spring for the ezio games or black flag, maybe.

Oh yeah, me too. I guess it doesn't have to be current gen AssCreed, just one of the "good" ones to take on the go. I guess those games are *cough**gag*retro now as much as it pains me to say it so Jimmy who grew up with PS360 as his first console might be wanting to revisit his childhood.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Oh yeah, me too. I guess it doesn't have to be current gen AssCreed, just one of the "good" ones to take on the go. I guess those games are *cough**gag*retro now as much as it pains me to say it so Jimmy who grew up with PS360 as his first console might be wanting to revisit his childhood.

while i am talking third party pipe dreams, wheres dark souls and dead space 1 at!?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

alf_pogs posted:

while i am talking third party pipe dreams, wheres dark souls and dead space 1 at!?

Well we know From Software is doing something based on that infographic from last year. Dark Souls in some form is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I would kill for Dark Souls on the Switch but I'd wager it's more likely gonna be Armored Core

• Locked thread