Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Screw the haters, I love the KOTOR episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
KOTOR is the kind of LP where the compilations will be a great watch, but following the episodes is kind of a drag.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Screw the haters, I love the KOTOR episodes.

This was me during Marvel vs Capcom.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am loving Kotor despite Pat's horrific positive Bastilla takes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

RareAcumen posted:

This was me during Marvel vs Capcom Command Mission.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I think this LP is another case of "We really should have done a dry run before actually making this an LP"

Because KotOR really doesn't lend itself to the LP format at all.

He was talking about Mario, not KOTOR, but they don't do dry runs of anything which is probably why so many LPs turn out to be duds, either due to games being bad or overly long, or being played by the wrong combo or whatever, and the editing is worse nowadays so you hear more of the poo poo they clearly didn't want you to hear.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Yeah, the KOTOR lp is moving at a slow pace. We should just call it SLOTOR at this point.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There's so much more pazaak. Sorry dude.

I actually dont mind the pazaak or the general slow pace. I was just hoping that pat was trolling woolie.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He was talking about Mario, not KOTOR, but they don't do dry runs of anything which is probably why so many LPs turn out to be duds, either due to games being bad or overly long, or being played by the wrong combo or whatever, and the editing is worse nowadays so you hear more of the poo poo they clearly didn't want you to hear.

Oh my bad, but the point stands about KOTOR. It's a great game and, yeah, the abridged best of the LP will be amazing, but like, one of the episodes was literally 20 minutes of menus.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

Yeah, the KOTOR lp is moving at a slow pace. We should just call it SLOTOR at this point.

thaaat's a aaaaalien

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I mean, for anyone who hasn’t actually played KOTOR there is SO much more game for them to do.

Like I’m not following this because I got all the KOTOR I needed out of my system back in the day, but when I checked back in on like episode 21 and saw they were STILL on Taris my first thought was “If they don’t start with massive editing soon this LP is going to be 100+ episodes easy.”

There is SO much game in KOTOR and giving episodes to Pazaak and menus is going to turn this into the never ending story.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I played the poo poo out of Kotor like 3 times at least, and I still love it because someone experiencing what was considered the EU star wars game at the time is cool. Also is the game harder than I thought, cause I never knew about the menu healing thing and they're struggling against the sith base boss.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it can be more difficult if you have a bad build and dont know how to play video games

i tried to start up kotor 2 but have to put it down. kreia is cool but telos is so much boring 'video game' dialogue.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I think there is a gas leak in their office or something

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVvhbBR3fUs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How does Redfield keep getting squads? He's got a 0% survival rate!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

How does Redfield keep getting squads? He's got a 0% survival rate!

Never stopped Hunk

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I know he's explicity said he will never do it on the channel, but I still maintain hope of a (Woolie-based) Arkham Asylum LP one day.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I've no idea why he'd be against the idea. It makes much more sense than some of the LPs they've come out with.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Krazyface posted:

I know he's explicity said he will never do it on the channel, but I still maintain hope of a (Woolie-based) Arkham Asylum LP one day.

WHY is he against playing Arkham Asylum?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I thought they hard de-confirmed New Vegas, not Arkham Asylum.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

There’s a lot of games they’ve been adamant they’ll never play because they’d take too long, but then they’ll turn around and spend 12 hours on Taris so who knows

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mandrel posted:

There’s a lot of games they’ve been adamant they’ll never play because they’d take too long

They've also said that there's games they won't play because their so good that they wouldn't be able to add anything to them with commentary, and yet we still got RE4 and Silent Hill 2.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He doesn't want to play AA because people kept telling him to play it and insisted he'd enjoy it, his disinterest is primarily reflexive.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 6, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Matt is finally playing Berseria, and he loves Velvet so far.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

I've never played KOTOR nor am I watching the LP; Is it really gonna be 100+ episodes long based off of their progression? I wanna see over/unders placed.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

at the current pace i predict around 200 episodes

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
It's probably going to be like 90-100 episodes maybe more or less if they do all the party member side quests without edits

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

H A T T A M posted:

I've never played KOTOR nor am I watching the LP; Is it really gonna be 100+ episodes long based off of their progression? I wanna see over/unders placed.

This LP is going to last until 2070.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It'll be like 50 parts. Taris is a huge world and woolie is getting used to a crpg. Also, kotor is one of those games that stop giving levels like 60% into the game.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

GT Final Bout as a Fisticuffs, and not a Scrublords? What? That game is trash!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah people are judging a lot based on Taris but Taris is also the biggest world by far.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
that isn't even YOUR lovely bad dbz theme you canadian fucks!!!!!

edit: I played a ton of this game as a young teen, why did I play a ton of this game as a young teen, I remember trying to unlock the Oozarus and poo poo.

Dias fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 6, 2018

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Tae posted:

It'll be like 50 parts. Taris is a huge world and woolie is getting used to a crpg. Also, kotor is one of those games that stop giving levels like 60% into the game.

they're at part 23 already dog

taris is probably one of the "biggest" worlds but it's also incredibly linear and pretty uniformly laid out. woolie is never going to loving making it through manaan.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I even remember the music, gently caress.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
If they're doing Dragon Ball Fisticuffs for January, maybe they'll do Super Dragon Ball Z before FighterZ comes out. I hear it's supposed to be more of a legit fighter than the other spinoffs.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mandrel posted:

they're at part 23 already dog

taris is probably one of the "biggest" worlds but it's also incredibly linear and pretty uniformly laid out. woolie is never going to loving making it through manaan.

Manaan is 90% talking, the trouble is surely going to be Korriban.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I came to the thread to ask if KOTOR was almost done because I couldn't give less of a poo poo about Star Wars so hearing the news of it being a endless LP is kind of a bummer.

What's not a bummer is that Woolie and Pat got to meet their hero at Magfest
https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/949909239996321792

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The best thing to do would be to just cycle back and forth between Kotor and Bully and occasionally slip a one-off in. I hope they're not going to do all the other RE7 dlc or thug 2 or something stupid like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I hope they immediately started putting up End of Zoe videos