Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Again, reminder: if you have a decently leveled Salter, Nero, Mordred, Okita, or vanilla Artoria, please slap a Purley Bloom on them (ideally MLBed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ive been lazily grinding the 30ap mission. is this a BAD MOVE

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In terms of Altrium-to-AP ratio, yes it is a bad move.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Need one last purely bloom to MLB so Scathach doesn't take forever even with my high leveled sabers. Takes me about 20-24 turns to whittle her down and most times with Okita and Nero at the end. I'm in constant fear of her instant death activating to break through evade and the mystic code invincibility if that actually happens. I did Tesla with a full saber team but had to burn all three command seals to do beat it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Pureauthor posted:

In terms of Altrium-to-AP ratio, yes it is a bad move.

I want to grind the items for those pretty CE first. I have 101 golden apples so I'm willing to blow them up a bit.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Run the 20AP or the 40AP Jeanne node for transistors, the 25Ap for lenses, and the 40AP Drake node for tubes until you have the CEs from the shop.

Okita with a MLBed Purley Bloom drops 600,000 on Scathach if it's in a NP chain for me. It's important.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Nate RFB posted:

Run the 20AP or the 40AP Jeanne node for transistors, the 25Ap for lenses, and the 40AP Drake node for tubes until you have the CEs from the shop.

Okita with a MLBed Purley Bloom drops 600,000 on Scathach if it's in a NP chain for me. It's important.

ok thanks

there's like five hundred missions, and honestly, I can't remember which ce goes with which items yet

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

honestly you get so many drops the CEs seem kind of pointless

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've been using support ones to speed up getting the shop purely blooms then equipping those when I'm done.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Thank you everyone, the help has really come in handy already. Will hopefully get PB on Mordred by today.
Getting 2900 of each drop doesn't seem so bad now, and I don't have any of the extra drop CEs yet either. Hopefully I'll get lucky.

Tired Moritz posted:

ok thanks

there's like five hundred missions, and honestly, I can't remember which ce goes with which items yet
Trueshot in the Jeanne level for Transistors.
Mikotto Bridal Training for Lenses in the Tesla one.
5* CE for Vacuum Tubes in the Scathach level.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
After not getting Melt the first time she showed up, i managed to get two copies of her this time around

And a fourth Astolfo

And a third Helena

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Note that if you have a Friend Scathach, Best Dog, or a combination, you can also farm the Tesla 40AP for Lenses. You will still get more Altrium per AP than a full bonus party doing the 25AP.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You have no idea how badly I wanted to burn each of the three Nero summons I got today in search of MHX, but I abstained. I was not aware before now, because it only tells you on the actual website, the days that Alter can be summoned in the gacha, and today was not part of those days.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Pureauthor posted:

Note that if you have a Friend Scathach, Best Dog, or a combination, you can also farm the Tesla 40AP for Lenses. You will still get more Altrium per AP than a full bonus party doing the 25AP.

Is there like a minimum bonus you need for the 40 aps to be more efficient or can you run a no-bonus max-carnage setup and still come out ahead?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Gologle posted:

You have no idea how badly I wanted to burn each of the three Nero summons I got today in search of MHX, but I abstained. I was not aware before now, because it only tells you on the actual website, the days that Alter can be summoned in the gacha, and today was not part of those days.

But... I posted that exact info on here to give people a heads up...

Pureauthor posted:

BTW they updated the news page with the rateup schedule.

First couple of days Nero is on solo rateup. If you want Alter you'll have to wait until 10th (!) of January for her solo.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
How come Nero gets two solo periods all to herself compared to SAlter's one?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

They also, y'know, show the current rate-ups on the summon itself.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

HGH posted:

Possibly because SAlter got to hog the SR slot all to herself during the New Year's Banner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HGH posted:

Imperial Privilege EX

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

HGH posted:

Because umu is best Saber-face.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
When is Kiyohime expected to...get her 3rd skill.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Gologle posted:

there's a reason the banner has pictures of servants on it

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I've now pulled 5 copies of Hercules within 90 quartz, although split between NA and JP unfortunately. Look Herc I love you too bud but you gotta let other servants get a chance.

Also man with my only sabers on NA being NP 1 Fergus and Caesar this events kinda rough to grind through.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Pureauthor posted:

On this note, to the kind goon with the level 100 Scathach, please give her a sickass Purely Bloom. Other servants don't need any ATK when I have ghost mom to plow through everything. (I mean she still NPed Tesla for 80% of his health but there's no reason it shouldn't be 100%)

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 5, 2018

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got Nightengale off the Melt banner. Rate up is a lie.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you can grab a Scath with purely bloom and get her NP up, tesla node is pretty easy.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Thanks, guy in my friend list with a NP5 lvl90 Okita equipped with MLB Purely Bloom. The Scathach node is absurdly easy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm currently stuck on the MHZ node. I'm sure there's a strategy here, I just need to figure it out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat I was getting scared about jeanne but this nero friend at like level 98 just chew right through her.

Also MHX might suck but her and a little girl just poo poo out stars. Quick crit might have fallen in disfavor later in the game but its still fun now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm currently stuck on the MHZ node. I'm sure there's a strategy here, I just need to figure it out.
I read a strategy that seemed relatively compelling, but I'm going to wait on trying it until I get another Star of Artoria and (hopefully) a Purley Bloom to drop before I try and report back.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Got Nightengale off the Melt banner. Rate up is a lie.

I've drawn 8 five star servants and like 16 four star servants

the only ones i got on their respective rateups were GOLDEN and saber alter a few days ago :thunk:

Rank A Luck (Fake)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
awww crap, I somehow managed to roll mysterious heroine. Isn't she like super poo poo?

I feel like I used up all my f2p luck. She's at least useful in this event, right?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Tired Moritz posted:

awww crap, I somehow managed to roll mysterious heroine. Isn't she like super poo poo?

I feel like I used up all my f2p luck. She's at least useful in this event, right?

she's a mediocre 5-star, but she's still a 5-star with a single target NP that has an interlude, she's still fine for murdering riders and throwing out stars

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I defeated MHZ with my main team, with only Uncle Vlad left standing at the end.

It was a good, fun fight.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you don't have Jack or Carmilla she'll be your best Assassin at the very least.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
all I wanted is a nero so I can listen to her NP theme all day :(

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

My plan for the final quest is to stick a MLB Purely Bloom on Nursery Rhyme and have Caesar and MHX feed her stars so she can crit the boss to death. I'll have a friend Sieg kill the dragon then swap him out once his job is done.

Hopefully someone will have a Sieg up as support by the time I have enough Star CEs

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
do I rename my party Cu Let The Dogs Out or Cu And The Gang

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just slapped my first Purely Bloom on my friend Okita.
She is a good friend and can be yours too.

455, 059, 060

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
MHX is my only decent assassin besides Hassan (grailed), so I appreciate her and her hatred of Nero very much.