Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Banana bread is extremely good. I want to make another carrot cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I need to wander over to TCC and see what they have for weed food threads. Plenty of good cook books out there too. I'm just making what's easy right now. When I have a real kitchen again, I'll go a little more crazy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Okay fellas, I may take a journey down to San Jose this weekend to finally find out what all this weed stuff it about. Thing is I don't know what the hell to buy in what amount or where to start. What looks good here?

http://www.airfieldsupplyco.com/menu

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Okay fellas, I may take a journey down to San Jose this weekend to finally find out what all this weed stuff it about. Thing is I don't know what the hell to buy in what amount or where to start. What looks good here?

http://www.airfieldsupplyco.com/menu

If you don't know what to do ask whoever is working for a recommendation. Get a preroll or some edibles as an easy entry point that doesn't require anything special to enjoy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thanks man. I'm thinking edibles since I don't have a private place to smoke and I'm not buying anything fancy like a vape. Just want something for a mellow Sunday of chilling out.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Edibles can be rough, if you end up going that route don't eat whatever all at once or you may have a bad time. It can end up being a very long drawn out high that suuucks

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh yeah for sure be careful with dosing with edibles

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Soulex posted:

Also, pre-filled carts are the best. If you have a box mod, keep it really low. Like 5-8 Watts. Lower = more flavor. Higher = cough a lot.

Sativas are the best for carts imo but really just get something that tastes good because carts don’t make you as sleepy as normal weed will.

Also Germany is doing medical marijuana if I recall. They are just very strict about it. I know this only because they import it from Albania. I forget the exact article but I am sure I can find it if needed.

If you get a choice, get live resin. It’s more flavor, and terpenes have an effect on “highness”. Do not get e-juice flavored bullshit. It goes fast and tastes like rear end. It needs to be translucent with some amber. Darker or lighter is fine but don’t get that ejuice crap. It’s so expensive and so bad.

Ohhhh.

My.

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Thanks man. I'm thinking edibles since I don't have a private place to smoke and I'm not buying anything fancy like a vape. Just want something for a mellow Sunday of chilling out.

Honestly, talk to your budtender there. Each strain has different phenotypes that change the characteristics of that bud. Makes it taste different, make you more tired etc.

Vapes can cost around 30-35 for a good one. Alpine, and Kingpen are my favorite.

Tinctures are good too. Easier to measure than edibles.

I wouldn’t go for edibles. Unreliable and if you overdose, you’re in for a bad time.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 4, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you pizza when you should french fry, you're gonna have a bad time.

Whatever you get, stay on the light side of dosing for a while. Prerolled joints are great when you have no tolerance. Just hit it twice and snub it out. If I was in your shoes, I'd just buy a small bowl and an eighth. No paper taste, easier to determine how much to use.

I wouldn't dabble with concentrates of any kind, or edibles, this early. It's not like the old days, when people were happy to cook with 10% thc weed. It's constantly 20-30% thc now.

And you definitely don't want an edible I make. I think I ate 150mg this morning. At least. And it is definitely doing the work required.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Maybe I'll just get the pre-rolls then. They sell five packs for $27. No smoking on my property so I'd have to hit the sidewalk. It's legal now, but it just feels weird. So really just a couple hits then put it out?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Maybe I'll just get the pre-rolls then. They sell five packs for $27. No smoking on my property so I'd have to hit the sidewalk. It's legal now, but it just feels weird. So really just a couple hits then put it out?

If you have no tolerance two or three hits will be more than enough.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

I'd smoke half. Wait about 10 minutes, and decide if you wanna get higher.

Literally noone is gonna say anything to you for smoking unless it's "hey, let me hit that." Just smoke like it's a cigarette and not like you're Seth Rogen.

Preroll would be a good bet. Most of the prerolls are cone shaped so you're gonna get a lot more in the beginning than in the end.

Like I said, talk to your budtender. They offer some prerolls that are loving dangerous. Like rubbed in hash oil and rolled in kief. Don't do these. Tell the tender what experience you wanna have. Wanna chill? You probably want indica over sativa. Wanna clean the house? Sativa. They'll help you out a lot more than we can. Vendors are pretty local, but it's starting to get bigger.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh Indica and an attempt to play Factorio high.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Oh Indica and an attempt to play Factorio high.

I bought that game, but haven't gotten into it really. It's super complicated at first for me. Or maybe I was too high.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I would take one hit and just wait 10 minutes. You should know pretty quick if you're high. Don't over think it. Shits pretty strong nowadays, ask for something weak. I was just getting whatever "would get me the most high" at first, but that's like snoop Dogg level poo poo.

I'm just an on again off again smoker, like barely past your level ebb, pesticide smokes a a pack of joints a day so he's probably more informative, once you can get over the fact that his entire apartment looks like it was decorated with items from the Bob Marley Home Catalog

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

mods change my name posted:

I would take one hit and just wait 10 minutes. You should know pretty quick if you're high. Don't over think it. Shits pretty strong nowadays, ask for something weak. I was just getting whatever "would get me the most high" at first, but that's like snoop Dogg level poo poo.

I'm just an on again off again smoker, like barely past your level ebb, pesticide smokes a a pack of joints a day so he's probably more informative, once you can get over the fact that his entire apartment looks like it was decorated with items from the Bob Marley Home Catalog

I smoke about an ounce a week. Sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on pain and just hitting it once or twice is fine, but it's also really dependent on what you want to do. Tolerances are different but taking a hit every ten minutes might seem really safe imo. You'll definitely know if you're high. Some people get really dizzy when they get too high.

Basically, do what you think is gonna be ok. You can smoke the whole loving thing if you want to and be ok.

Plan it like a trip, give yourself some snacks, drinks, and time. Make it enjoyable. If you try to wing it, you're gonna end up with a bad experience. At least until you get used to it.

Paranoia and anxiety happens, and as long as you know that 1) you're not gonna die from pot and 2) you're not going to become a vegetable from using it, you'll be ok.

edit: I'm not proud of my tolerance, but it's there for a reason. T-break means constant pain.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I would hardly consider myself an expert.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
According to my DARE class circa 1991 you need to careful and don't microwave and eat your baby because of the munchies

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

I bought that game, but haven't gotten into it really. It's super complicated at first for me. Or maybe I was too high.

I have a mid-game factory going now after the latest patch not so complex yet that I'm forgetting why I set certain things up the way I did. I have some healthy snacks set aside so I can munch away if need be.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Yeah. Honestly best bet is to buy what’s called a one hitter with a dugout, a grinder, and an eighth of whatever the bud tender recommends.

What you do when you get home is grind up a nug of your weed real good, your one hitter should come with a wooden box called a dug out that you put the weed in. Then you press the one hitters open end into your ground up weed. Now you have a loaded one hitter. Smoke it like a cigarette more or less, but it’s gonna make you cough like gently caress. As the name implies if you take a strong drag off it you’ll get one hit out of it. More likely 2-4 hits. You gotta spark up for each hit.

The one hitter will serve you well and conserve your stash and your tolerance to THC.

My first hit of weed was ditch weed from a one hitter, and I slept for 3 hours off one hit.

Avoid edibles, tinctures, and concentrates until your comfortable with THC. That stuff is where guys like me, crusty minge, and others go to get high since our tolerances to THC are stupid high.

To give you a comparison commercial edibles are 10mg of THC per serving. It takes anywhere from 100-150mg’s to get me lifted. 200-300mg’s in a day is totally doable. 400-500mg’s means I’ve been dabbing since I woke up. That’s an extreme rarity.

Right now I’m on a tolerance break because I was gonna have to piss test for school so I’ve not had any THC in a couple of weeks. Best part about this drug is a stoner like me can drop it easily with only a little irritability and sleep disruption for a few days.

You honestly don’t want to ever get beyond a one hitter or joints. Shatter, wax, and live resin are to marijuana as freebase crack is to cocaine. Before my tolerance break I dabbed a gram of 92% wax for 2.5 days. Waaaaay too much THC. If you were to start out on concentrates or edibles I think your gonna have a bad time.

TL;DR: One hitters are best for starting out and waste the least THC.

Godspeed you black emperor.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i stick with flower myself

vaping weed (e-cig) doesn't do anything to me, and concentrates/edibles/etc are all cool, but i just dig on smoking outta my bong and watching youtube

my tolerance is still stupid high but I've been taking it much easier in the new year

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thanks for the writeup Shim

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Thanks for the writeup Shim

No problem. If you have any questions lemme know. Always happy to try and turn folks on to the wonders of THC.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Thanks to my recent separation my sister is graciously introducing me to the devil's lettuce. Trying to find a good pace for a sustained sort of high off bong hits, but it's kinda hard to track since I'm used to the faster effects of alcohol so that's kinda got me poorly trained, and I go all over the place during a session. I know tolerance comes into play a lot but maybe I can be more effective with my bong technique? Anyone got tips there for a total idiot?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Black Balloon posted:

Thanks to my recent separation my sister is graciously introducing me to the devil's lettuce. Trying to find a good pace for a sustained sort of high off bong hits, but it's kinda hard to track since I'm used to the faster effects of alcohol so that's kinda got me poorly trained, and I go all over the place during a session. I know tolerance comes into play a lot but maybe I can be more effective with my bong technique? Anyone got tips there for a total idiot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuB4mwnq0uA

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

seems dank bro

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Black Balloon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFQyK7iFYak

This is probably more accurate to how you're gonna react to a bong rip

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Bongs 101

Corner your bowl
Clear the chamber
Don’t spill the bong water
Use an ice cube.
If you ain’t dying, you ain’t hitting it.
Hit it once and pass it. Especially if you are in a coughing fit.
Come up with a stupid name for your bong. Like Pippi Bongstockings.

I can’t gently caress with bongs. I’ll pass out coughing too hard.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My bong is covered in a shameful amount of dust. And my bubbler. I have no idea where my spoon is, think I gave it to someone. Grinder and box/hitter are somewhere in the apartment.

I've been using a dab rig (quartz nail, $30 rig) and a cheap two-coil vape thing that sits on 510 thread batteries. Coils are 5/$15 and batteries are $15-30 depending on how fancy I want to be on the cheap.

On hash and poo poo. When you think about the numbers on it, thc content and whatnot, once you've established a modest tolerance, you can move on to it relatively easy. A gram is usually in the 65-85% thc window (over 90% in semi-rare instances). A gram of flower is 20-30%, generally. Good legal flower, not a dealers' garden. A gram of hash is essentially an eighth of flower in overall thc content.

I smoke about 1g a week, and cook with 2g a week now. Overall I'm eating about a quarter of comparable flower and smoking an eighth. Pepper in some vaping here and there, maybe another half g a week. It's not a lot, and I'm not a power smoker, but if I smoked flower, it'd be a two plus ounce a month habit.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want to keep it to the occasional Saturday night joint as a reward for finishing school work for that week. Hitting up the store tomorrow.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

mods change my name posted:

According to my DARE class circa 1991 you need to careful and don't microwave and eat your baby because of the munchies

Ah, the good ol’ California Cheeseburger.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmejav

One of my favorite memories from college was when one roommate used a bunch of trim to make a pesto pasta with. After we ate, we went for a long drive up the central California coast while a storm was rolling in. No one was super high, but everyone was mellow and just off in their own, blissful world, yet fully conversant with everyone else. Good times.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i stick with flower myself

vaping weed (e-cig) doesn't do anything to me, and concentrates/edibles/etc are all cool, but i just dig on smoking outta my bong and watching youtube

my tolerance is still stupid high but I've been taking it much easier in the new year

This is pretty much me as well. I never seem to get much out of vaping weed, in any style. I do love to top a bowl with hash or do a dab occasionally but mostly I stick to bong rips of flower. I've been smoking regularly for almost a decade now and my bong will still get me totally rekt off a good bowl pack.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Terrible Robot posted:

This is pretty much me as well. I never seem to get much out of vaping weed, in any style. I do love to top a bowl with hash or do a dab occasionally but mostly I stick to bong rips of flower. I've been smoking regularly for almost a decade now and my bong will still get me totally rekt off a good bowl pack.

yeah

i have a pax 2 herbal vape that i have and never use, along with a aftermarket grill and concentrate oven if anyone likes that sort of thing. i grabbed it on a lark when i got my med card. used it a couple times and went back to my bong and cheap glass from the local gas stations

i do cones every now and again if im in the mood

never dabbed tbh, dont have a dab rig and don't really feel like buying one atm. none of my weed buddies do it either, but they all rant and rave over their weed pens that I try and get nothing out of

plus, y'know.

vaping

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 6, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Somebody post the Bob Ross AT4 Bong

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Im kinda high playing uncharted 4 for the first time it's pretty good

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFQyK7iFYak

This is probably more accurate to how you're gonna react to a bong rip

They called 911, and instead of a paramedic, they got a cop that busted them for weed. I'm sure they didn't sound high as all gently caress while making that call :lol:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Somebody post the Bob Ross AT4 Bong

That’s Spongebob Tampax aka Literally Shaking, aka Crusty Minge. I’ve gotten to see the bong in person and it’s awesome. I’ll look to see if I still have pics of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Also i got heath Klondike bars bitches they own!!!! (I am 97 years old)