Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

hopterque posted:

Also part of the benefit of Xoph's is freeing up like 5 points or whatever since you don't need to go grab Avatar of Fire any more.

Ya I'm working on it, just can't afford to lose all of that into right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I know some goons are doing oni-goroshi flicker and I'm thinking of trying it myself, so I've got some questions before I jump in.

The consensus seems to be that slayer is the only viable choice since the leech and overleech are crucial for counteracting the fire degen, but I have a pathological aversion to following build guides and I've been looking at other classes. I figure berserker's increased damage taken would be a real problem, and as much as I like champion I'm not sure it would cut it. I like juggernauts too, but again it doesn't seem like a great fit for the build. Has anyone tried an ascendancy beside slayer and if so how did it work out?

The builds I've looked at seem to be using crit to proc ignite for her embrace, is it viable to go for RT and use ignite chance instead? A crit build incorporating elemental overload would be nice, but I don't think I've seen any builds use that and it's probably too costly in terms of skill points.

I'm currently messing around with PoB and trying to figure out the best way to get fire conversion, so if anyone has any helpful tips before I blow dozens of exalts please let me know!

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

do not go rt on a 9.5 crit weapon what the hell

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Consider Ascendant. She can get overleech too. And you can think about something like Elementalist for the reduced reflected ele damage. Or any number of other goodies.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

ubachung posted:

I know some goons are doing oni-goroshi flicker and I'm thinking of trying it myself, so I've got some questions before I jump in.

The consensus seems to be that slayer is the only viable choice since the leech and overleech are crucial for counteracting the fire degen, but I have a pathological aversion to following build guides and I've been looking at other classes. I figure berserker's increased damage taken would be a real problem, and as much as I like champion I'm not sure it would cut it. I like juggernauts too, but again it doesn't seem like a great fit for the build. Has anyone tried an ascendancy beside slayer and if so how did it work out?

The builds I've looked at seem to be using crit to proc ignite for her embrace, is it viable to go for RT and use ignite chance instead? A crit build incorporating elemental overload would be nice, but I don't think I've seen any builds use that and it's probably too costly in terms of skill points.

I'm currently messing around with PoB and trying to figure out the best way to get fire conversion, so if anyone has any helpful tips before I blow dozens of exalts please let me know!

I think the only viable ascendancies for oni flicker are Slayer, Ascendant, and Raider. The fire degen isn't the biggest issue, frenzy generation is. Raider solves that with ascendancy passives, and with the overleech from slayer or ascendant slayer you can safely run blood rage.The Green Dream is also a very useful thing for all three classes. If you want to try something really out there, low life Guardian might be viable but I have no idea how you'd do it. I've only done this as Slayer so take my musings on other ascendancies with a grain of salt.

Going RT and trying to force ignite instead of just going crit seems like a really bad idea because I'm pretty sure the only way you'd get your ignite chance to anywhere near an okay level is to use the Chance to Ignite gem, which is garbage.

I'm not sure why you're going for fire conversion, all you need to proc her embrace is one Abyss jewel with adds # fire damage to [sword] attacks.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

zxqv8 posted:

Consider Ascendant. She can get overleech too. And you can think about something like Elementalist for the reduced reflected ele damage. Or any number of other goodies.

Thanks, I haven't done much with ascendant so I might have a look at that.

Eminai posted:

Going RT and trying to force ignite instead of just going crit seems like a really bad idea because I'm pretty sure the only way you'd get your ignite chance to anywhere near an okay level is to use the Chance to Ignite gem, which is garbage.

I'm not sure why you're going for fire conversion, all you need to proc her embrace is one Abyss jewel with adds # fire damage to [sword] attacks.

You can get a little bit of ignite chance from jewels and uniques, plus there's the boot enchant that works well with RT. I haven't checked if you can get a similar ignite chance to the crit chance you'd have, which is why I thought I'd see if anyone else had tried. I know it's not going to be optimal, I'm just wondering if it's even possible.

The fire conversion isn't about proccing her embrace. The guides I've looked at are using The Golden Rule and The Red Trail for self bleed frenzy generation, so I'd want to convert as much physical to elemental as possible to avoid bleeding too much. It's easier to convert the phys to a mix of elements, but I was curious if I could do a fire focused build.

Thanks for the replies, my idea is probably terrible but I like to try new things.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Ciaphas posted:

starting that CI/ZO Lightning Strike HoWA Inquisitor (whew!) tonight:
god drat it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

theshim posted:

god drat it

if it helps i changed my mind already because lightning strike feels like total poop :v:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Ciaphas posted:

if it helps i changed my mind already because lightning strike feels like total poop :v:
I did a lightning strike build a few leagues ago, wasn't that bad :shrug:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

I'm doing CI HOWA Inquisitor but with molten strike instead. It's real good and fun. Just changed the tree in that guide slightly to fit two wildfire jewels in on the way to unwavering stance, and I've got something like 35% less ele damage taken with wise oak and incandescent heart (balanced resists somehow, lol).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/mrdespair/characters it's HOWAsNeverDie for reference (it does die, but not to much... Can facetank shapers beam attack with flasks up)

Going back a couple pages, are you swapping in Ancestral Call for something in your MS? Multistrike possibly? Right now I see MS, Elefocus, Conc Effect, EDWA, Multistrike and Damage on Full Life.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Would Trickster be good for Oni Flicker?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

ubachung posted:

Thanks, I haven't done much with ascendant so I might have a look at that.

You can get a little bit of ignite chance from jewels and uniques, plus there's the boot enchant that works well with RT. I haven't checked if you can get a similar ignite chance to the crit chance you'd have, which is why I thought I'd see if anyone else had tried. I know it's not going to be optimal, I'm just wondering if it's even possible.

The fire conversion isn't about proccing her embrace. The guides I've looked at are using The Golden Rule and The Red Trail for self bleed frenzy generation, so I'd want to convert as much physical to elemental as possible to avoid bleeding too much. It's easier to convert the phys to a mix of elements, but I was curious if I could do a fire focused build.

Thanks for the replies, my idea is probably terrible but I like to try new things.

If you want to go the ignite route, maybe try abberath's hooves. Spreading ignite when you kill an ignited enemy seems like a decent way to keep her embrace rolling. It looks like you can get 10% ignite from the enchant, up to 3% on each non-abyss jewel (so maybe 4?), and 10% each from a unique in body, boots, amulet, or ring slots. Just for comparison, I have 85% effective crit chance with a diamond flask up.

For fire conversion the best I can come up with is 40% from the Anger conversion Watcher's Eye and then converting 50% of your physical to cold with Hrimsorrow and converting 80% of your cold to fire with double Pyre.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Going RT with that sword seems like one of the dumbest things you could do, giving up 9% base crit on a sword in crazy talk. Like there's just no point, crit barely even requires any investment for something with that much base.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Yeah it looks like it would be a major hassle for probably zero gain. I'm starting to see a pattern in my build ideas! :v:

Thanks for entertaining the idea at least.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

George posted:

you rarely kill with the ignite, so it is subpar compared to raider, slayer or ascendant

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Ciaphas posted:

Going back a couple pages, are you swapping in Ancestral Call for something in your MS? Multistrike possibly? Right now I see MS, Elefocus, Conc Effect, EDWA, Multistrike and Damage on Full Life.

I swap damage on full life and ancestral call around (DoFL is always active as CI if you're not dead, so it's a no brainer for bosses). Can run inc aoe instead of conc effect for mapping but it doesn't seem all that necessary with AC active.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

George posted:

I have an Oni Trickster build and it works fairly well, except it has a garbage hp pool. Really good evasion though, so survive-ability isn't terrible, just alot of insta deaths.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

So I need help, I have no idea how to upgrade my gear. Rather, what to look for and so on.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Nachto/characters

Character is NachtVeryShockingIKnow

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

I swap damage on full life and ancestral call around (DoFL is always active as CI if you're not dead, so it's a no brainer for bosses). Can run inc aoe instead of conc effect for mapping but it doesn't seem all that necessary with AC active.

Interesting, I would have thought you'd be using Ancestral Call at all times to abuse doubling up on the projectiles. Can't be bothered?

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
So I respecced my sunder slayer to be an Oni Goroshi slayer instead. How do you get the attack speed to feel good with this thing? He hits like a truck but I feel like I'm missing something.

e: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/NightfallGemini/characters Character is NFG_Abyss

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Fenris13 posted:

I have an Oni Trickster build and it works fairly well, except it has a garbage hp pool. Really good evasion though, so survive-ability isn't terrible, just alot of insta deaths.

Was hoping MOM would pick up the slack.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Of course I spend 6 hours farming a Tabula via cards, and getting to level 78, just to rip on Kitava anyway. I died because on the threads advice I was playing peekaboo portal, which caused the Heralds to crowd the area until they could one-shot me the moment my grace period wore.

I walked straight back to him in Standard and beat him effortlessly on the second try using my tried and true "run around like an idiot and mash my whole row of instant HP pots when I gently caress up" method, like I could get caught in the flame river and it didn't matter.

At least I'm leveling 4 times as fast with my new Detonate Dead twinked-out Maurader. Rest in peace GaryOldOldMan.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

What's the go-to low life righteous fire templar build these days? There's only so many ways to efficiently hit the keystones and run all the auras but curious what people are running.

Was looking at this guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840270

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

NightfallGemini posted:

So I respecced my sunder slayer to be an Oni Goroshi slayer instead. How do you get the attack speed to feel good with this thing? He hits like a truck but I feel like I'm missing something.

e: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/NightfallGemini/characters Character is NFG_Abyss

get crit high enough to trigger embrace always, kill a rare and slayer around to the next rare, blood rage (which you laready should have in a cwtd with immortal call to get that pantheon increased recovery thingy)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is the best way to get 21/20 gems. Level a bunch and Vaal them yourself?

Svensken
May 29, 2010

George posted:

I have a ton of trouble with ground effects from abyss rares. Their effects are subtle and always drowned in abyss bullshit as well as my own and the only thing I can suggest is keep loving moving. It's always better to let the rares catch their breath a little than to overcommit.

I find it astounding that they, in the same patch that they made the elemental Bearer bombs more noticeable, introduced a similar effect that is guaranteed to be the same color as the ground it's on.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

euphronius posted:

What is the best way to get 21/20 gems. Level a bunch and Vaal them yourself?

Buy it

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm really hating the latest trend of pricing everything in alchs because of poe.trade not knowing how much they're worth.

If only it wasn't the trading site with the best interface.

poe.trade uses currency trade prices to decide whether the price in alchs is more or less then what the first lowest chaos listing is. So if something is up for 11 alchs and someone comes in and lists it for 1 chaos. That one chaos will show first. So it works just fine but the problem is everyone is listing poo poo in alchs and the lowest chaos listing is still more then what the lowest alch listing is. Also it seems poe.trade has no way to filter showing just chaos listings.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Why are alchs worth so much anyways? Has the general player base totally switched over to the never pick up rares meta?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
There are many more maps that require alching for the bonus. There are new bases that can be scour/alched. There's more incentive to buy maps from Zana, which requires alchs as well.

I'm sure there's something else I'm missing, but those all contribute.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

poe.trade uses currency trade prices to decide whether the price in alchs is more or less then what the first lowest chaos listing is. So if something is up for 11 alchs and someone comes in and lists it for 1 chaos. That one chaos will show first. So it works just fine but the problem is everyone is listing poo poo in alchs and the lowest chaos listing is still more then what the lowest alch listing is. Also it seems poe.trade has no way to filter showing just chaos listings.

That’s completely wrong, poe.trade just assigns a chaos value to all other currency and is way too slow to change it. So right now you have stuff priced at 3 alchemy showing up as less than 1 chaos, or stuff at 1 exalt showing up as less than 60 chaos.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Not bad for 6 attempts

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Anyone try that dual grelwood shank molten strike scion thing Engineering Eternity posted a while back? Debating doing that instead of CI HoWA inquisitor, the massive projectile quantity looks funny at least.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

TheRat posted:

Not bad for 6 attempts

Getting close to that time of the league where I start vaaling howa's and shaper's touches, isn't' it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ciaphas posted:

Anyone try that dual grelwood shank molten strike scion thing Engineering Eternity posted a while back? Debating doing that instead of CI HoWA inquisitor, the massive projectile quantity looks funny at least.

That's the guide I'm using, but with only the jewels and swords, everything else is self found so I'm underperforming compared to his guide, but I am having fun.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I did the build too and it feels pretty good although super squishy at times till you get grelwoods and the slayer ascendancy. After that all you really need to watch out for is reflect, which will absolutely destroy you before you can react. Its really fun, relatively cheap and a good starter from my experience.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Pathfinder + oni goroshi has worked out really nicely. I get a ton of bonus elemental damage and my souped-up ruby flask takes a huge chunk off the sword degen. I'm doing a full conversion ele build using frost blades and Hrimburn gloves.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Is there a good list somewhere of white-quality base items that are worth Chancing and/or Vaal'ing?

Or should I be saving those orbs for something else?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

Is there a good list somewhere of white-quality base items that are worth Chancing and/or Vaal'ing?

Or should I be saving those orbs for something else?

nevasink's loot filter outlines items worth chancing in green. If you're curious about what the legendary you can get from the item is you can just check the wiki, that's how I found out why nevasink thought rawhide tower shields were important now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whites you want to chance are generally pretty limited. basically just the most expensive items: biscos, skyforths, maybe kaoms, lyco, taste of hate if you want to chance more things (so that is gold amulets, sorcerer boots, glorious plate, rawhide tower shield, sapphire flask)

vaal whatever you want. make sure you save some for corrupting your red maps later on

e: forgot ebony tower shields. those are good too