Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Thought this was a quiz, was disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Is a higher or lower coefficient good?

Higher is better.

Same applies to hitzones, higher means you deal more damage.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

quote:

Please note: There is no vegetarian option available.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

No true monster hunter fan will be leaving their house that weekend anyway.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Funkmaster General posted:

Please note: There is no vegetarian option available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2VIxi64nNU

Kanosai
May 20, 2006

There was this hairy chinese kid.
Any good resources I should watch our read pre world? I've only got like 5 or 6 hours of MH3U on 3DS as my experience of the series and forgot a lot of that.

If rather not be THAT guy on day one.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kanosai posted:

Any good resources I should watch our read pre world? I've only got like 5 or 6 hours of MH3U on 3DS as my experience of the series and forgot a lot of that.

If rather not be THAT guy on day one.

https://goo.gl/fYIqNZ

GaijinHunter has been putting up some pretty in-depth videos. I'd watch the ones about the weapon types, for sure, because he goes over combos, specific weapon mechanics, and general tactics.

edit: Fixed link

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 4, 2018

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
I remember using the charge blade during the beta and thinking this is the weakest weapon. But I think it was because I was only using the shield charge and forgetting how to charge the blade.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
It's cool. A buddy of mine didn't realize the greatsword had a charge mechanic at all during the beta.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I didn't even know you could charge the sword and shield individually, I just loaded all phials and used them up in axe mode :downs:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Despite the improvements in World MH as a whole still has a learning cliff rather than a curve. I wonder how much tutorial/learning resources will be in the final game.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Despite the improvements in World MH as a whole still has a learning cliff rather than a curve. I wonder how much tutorial/learning resources will be in the final game.

I'm going to guess quite a bit as it seems like they're trying to push the series into the mainstream. I do hope it's skipable though because even the hour or so of minor gathering quests you have to do at the beginning of every current MH puts me off of making new characters to mess around with.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I didn't even know you could charge the sword and shield individually, I just loaded all phials and used them up in axe mode :downs:

Canceling out of a attack to charge a thing is such a monster hunter mechanic.

I love and hate it.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Why would you need a second character?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Why would you need a second character?

I'm not good at self-imposed limits and I need progression to stay invested in a game. I burn out on MH pretty quickly once I hit the last series of G rank hunts. If they managed to create a challenge roguelike-ish mode for Monster Hunter with permadeath I'd probably play a thousand hours of that.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
To make a male or female. I make my secondary once I reach a point where I did pretty much everything on my main and want to see all the female armors for example.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

World needs to let you change your hunter + cat appearance after the start of the game because the graphics are better now

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Digirat posted:

World needs to let you change your hunter + cat appearance after the start of the game because the graphics are better now

Does this include gender?

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Making a new char after hitting HR 999.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Marogareh posted:

To make a male or female. I make my secondary once I reach a point where I did pretty much everything on my main and want to see all the female armors for example.

I generally pick male or female to start and stick with one character. Sometimes I pick well, as the armor sets are usually more badass on one model than the other. Sometimes I pick poorly and think about rerolling after seeing more sets in game.

I have a decent track record though.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Ciaphas posted:

I'm sure Chatty McSidekick will spend the first hour telling you what to do and where to go. I'm also sure she'll also pipe up when certain mechanics, like capturing, are introduced. In terms of basic stuff like what to combine, or what weapon moves you have, you carry an in-game instruction manual with you at all times. Want to know where to hit a monster or what it drops? There's now a gameplay mechanic for finding that out. I'm the captain of Team gently caress Internet Research and I love all the things this game does to remove that particular annoyance. The only thing missing is motion values and if you're that deep into tryhard territory then accessibility features are probably not your concern.

Terrific Accident posted:

I do hope it's skipable though because even the hour or so of minor gathering quests you have to do at the beginning of every current MH puts me off of making new characters to mess around with.

Gathering quests are now extra, optional sidequests you do while you're doing the quests (or free roam) that you actually want to do. If you want maximum not-tutorial then I think they've said you can turn off your sidekick entirely as well.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 5, 2018

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Free roam and discovering camps is cool as gently caress. Meeting fishing buds while you are hoarding honey is cool as gently caress. World is going to loving rule.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Farm honey erryday

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

There's supposed to be a Capcom stream talking more about the game today isn't there? I think there's going to be some new information and footage.

https://www.twitch.tv/capcom_channel

Edit: It's actually in about half an hour from now. The youtube link has a countdown timer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1YcjzUomLs&t=2s

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 5, 2018

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Another beta test 19-22nd !! The stream is in Japanese but it seems we get a Nergigante quest in it as well

Sarpsa
Nov 17, 2012
And you get to fight Nergigante, too.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The hype is real

They are literally shilling Monster Hunter themed Visa credit cards!

edit: and PC gaming hardware for the version that's not coming out for nearly a year :smith:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

edit: and PC gaming hardware for the version that's not coming out for nearly a year :smith:

Both the keyboard an the headsets work with the PS4?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
THE ANGRY PICKLE LIVES

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Jho as spring FLC is... odd.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

It's free at least, so it isn't like Capcom is trying to fleece anyone. Perhaps they just didn't have the time to get all the Jho-related gear, quests and map interactions in the game in time for release date.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
It's more likely it's just part of the game's content roadmap to keep people playing/interested.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man I wonder if someone's gonna make a damage parser for the PC version. That should result in some good loving tears.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Another Beta? Happy birthday weekend to me!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Beta Ps4 only again?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

No want beta, want kill all monsters. Gonna practice charge blade more, see if they complexity is worth is over switch axes simplicity and versatility.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New quest, too. Nergigante hunt.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
On one hand gently caress deviljho on the other gently caress deviljjo :(

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Beta Ps4 only again?